A Tide arrises......

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gil walks up to the half-elf and says, " Are you here for the job too? My names Gilhust Slickhand. Pleased to meet you."

As the others enter he walks directly up to each one and introduces himself in the same manner. When Tolan introduces himself Gil smiles knowingly " Ah, sir I understand these things. Let me be of asistance. He'll then casts prestidigitation and cleans him up.

As you take in the room, a library with rows & rows of books, a fireplace is in the north wall, thou not lit, there is a reading table & a stuffed chair, with a half-elf in it reading a book. She closes the door behind her.

If either of them appear approachable, Tolan introduces himself and apologises for his state of atire, remarking that it is merely the wear and tear of a hard day's work.

As the diminutive woman exits the room, the Half-Elf glances up from the book that he is perusing, "Good eats of the Sasserine Coast," and nods at Tolan. When Tolan introduces himself, he sets the book aside and stands up a bit gingerly. Immediately, it is obvious that this is the largest Half-Elf that Tolan has ever encountered. Standing a bit over six feet tall and easily weighing in at over 200 pounds, the Half-Elf's other features appear otherwise totally Elven. His hazel, almond-shaped eyes have a friendly glint shining out of his deeply tanned face which is devoid of the facial hair common on most Half-Elves. His massive left arm and his thick neck are heavily bandaged. The left side of his face sports some healing, but rather severe-looking burn marks and the sandy blond hair on that side of his head, although growing back appears to have been singed off in several places.

The Half-Elf extends his right hand to Tolan, "Well met, Sir Tolan. Do not concern yourself with your appearance, as you can see, I'm a bit the worse for wear myself. I am Malrae Rilynnlylth. I was formerly in the employ of the Vaderboren Family. I don't know what we have been called here today for, but I have my suspicions. I can assure you that it must be something of fairly high import."

Gil walks up to the half-elf and says, " Are you here for the job too? My names Gilhust Slickhand. Pleased to meet you."

Accepting Gil's introduction with a nod, Malrae introduces himself as well. "Yes, I too was summoned. It looks like the Mistress is assembling quite a diverse party."

Yarrin, Veita, & Zaak

"Ah heck no, Vinee a nice woman, takes after mother." Jared says as he shakes your hand, Yarrin. "She hasn't discussed to much with me about the whole thing & such, but I'm sure she knows what she is doing & such, Vanderboren's are that way, that she gets from her father, Arik" with that he kinda drops his head "Rao bless his & Larrisa's souls. I was out of town on buisness when the exlosion took their lives, damn to whoever did that or whatever happened on that boat that night".

Jared looks at you, Veita, "Ah yes the stains, please excuse my appearance, something you wouldn't think to see in a home like this, but those dogs can be a bit to handle when they are hungry, mastiffs 3 of them, good dogs thou, very protective of Vinee & Kora" "Don't worry just some beef blood on me" "Figured there be a grand dinner in this house tonight, give the mutts something good as well, ha ha ha.

My elven is a bit rough but Larrisa tried teaching me some, stubborn I was, should have listen to her more often, but "Mae govannen" (which you decipher as "Well Met" ) & he shakes your hand, in turn matching your grip "Good group, Vinee has assemble here"...."Jared, there are others in the library, I should go get them & have everyone meet out here, the library is so stuffy & dusty these days, I really need to get in there & clean it more, it was one of Arik's favorite places to get away." Kora kindly interrupts Jared. "Ah, please Kora go get them, I know Malrae is here, I let him earlier, good guy, old employee of the family, glad to see he's able to get around. He was on land when the boat exploded & got singed pretty good for his troubles too."

Kora stepped over to the door to the library, & opens the door, "Gentleman, the rest of the party is here, please come out introduce yourselves." & with that she steps back.

Gil, Tolan, Malrae

Tolan, you see Gil make a small gesture with his hands & speak a simple magical phrase & the grime & sweat of the work on Sheikh's ship is magically washed away. As the spell is ending, you hear voices in the atrium & a few minutes later, the door that you all came in, opens & Kora is standing in the doorway, "Gentleman, the rest of the party is here, please come out introduce yourselves." she says with a smile & with that she steps back.

Malrae walks pat Kora giving the small woman's shoulder a gentle squeeze on the way by. Upon entering the other room, his calm demeanor breaks and he exclaims, "Jared!!" He rushes over and engulfs the large, blood stained man in a bear hug. "It's good to see you, old man! How've you been??"

Stepping out from the library Gil greets the rest of the group," Good eve' friends, seems we've all taken an interest to our host's invite. My Name's Gilhurst Slickhand and it's a pleasure to make your aquaintence."

He grins a big friendly grin and extends his hand.

Tolan looks himself over and ponders the spell that Gilhurst used. 'Handy spell, that,' he thinks to himself. When Kora opens the door and informs them that the rest of the group is outside he follows Malrae and Gilhurst into the next room and introduces himself around, taking in the other members of the group. Once the introductions are over, Tolan stands off to one side, keeping a little bit apart from everyone, but paying a lot of interest to what happens around him.

"Interesting lot of people here........" Zaak thinks to himself.

"Well met all, I am Zaak Moonshadow. Pleased to meet your acquaintance."

While the introductions are taking place Zaak is paying particular attention to the human he has run into earlier today. He is also looking for any distinguishing characteristics from group of people.

Vieta is taken off guard as he sees the rest of the "party" appear, and especially the slight barbequed half-elf that goes an hugs Jared.

The stains! Vieta thinks to himself. Watch out for the stains, mate!

Both men embrace in a bear hug. Vieta winces to himself.

Ewww.... I ain't sittin' next to either o' em...

"So..." Vieta muses and adds, rather bluntly, "What's for dinner?"

:devil:

At hearing Yarrin's words, Tolan looks up quickly, "Explosion? Would this be the one that lit up the sky a couple weeks ago? I wondered what that was. What has that to do with us? I had no part in that and was nowhere near the docks when that happened!" He folds in on himself, very defensive as if someone is accusing him of the event. Perhaps he has been blamed for things like this in the past?

Wincing a bit in pain, the Half-Elf ends his embrace of the burly Jared. "Sorry about that, friend. I've just missed you all."

He turns to the group. "Excuse my outburst, I'm Malrae Rilynnlylth. Pleased to make your acquaintances."