Minis we would like to see (fantasy version)

ladystorm

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned this to Sandra Garrity and Julie Guthrie while thanking them profusely for the Hippocampus and Aquatic Familiars.

There's just one more thing I need. I've got sea elves. I've got a mermaid. The Aboleth is on the way. The Wereshark is available for when I want to nab it.

Now, all I need is a Sea Dragon.

These things are wickedly cool. They have some at the Dallas Aquarium downtown (where I first saw them) if Talin needs some sketching ideas. :devil:

A manatee or two would also be cool, as would a Narwhale.

I don't know if I am missing it but are there any armored wolves or war dogs like that, maybe huge worgs with gobblin riders? Aslo mounts would be cool if there were just some horses with different armor and such that you could buy to put on the board for when you are not on your horse. Along those lines sculpts of mounted characters and when they are not mounted, or horses with interchangable riders?

A princess with a pointy hat deal like would live in a tower.

More anthro animals.

Maybe some strange asian style monsters, hopping vampires, faceless naked women, gobblins with water bowels in their heads people with big snakey necks.

A weapons pack that comes with a pick and a boot and only a pick and a boot. For those really low level no starting gold campaigns ;)

There aren't any armored wolves, but there is one goblin warg rider in the Warlord Reven line.

You could check the Boneyard for individual horses.

I don't think Reaper's ever done a princess in a wimple (that's what the pointy hat is called), but they did do a princess figure, although she's out of print now.

Do you mean a kappa when you say "goblin with a water bowl in their heads"? I sure hope you don't mean bowel. That would be icky. ;) Kappas are more turtle-like than goblin-like in traditional Japanese mythology, I think. They did an ogre mage several years ago who had a tiny kappa riding on his back, but unfortunately it came molded to the figure and he's out of print now anyway.

I'm still waiting for my elf barbarian. Preferably a female. :)

Actually, a wimple is a cloth worn around and over the head, and gathered under the chin, as worn by nuns and medieval women.

Ishil

At the risk of derailing the topic, per Wikipedia:

The wimple is a garment of mediaeval Europe worn by women. It is a cloth which usually covers the head and is worn around the neck and chin. At many stages of medieval culture it was unseemly for a married woman to show her hair. A wimple might be elaborately starched, and creased and folded in prescribed ways, even supported on wire or wicker framing (cornette).

So technically the pointy hat is a cornette, but it's still part of the wimple. ::P:

OK, know-it-all mode off.

Even more geeky-threadjacking but the pointed hat is a steeple hennin. And right pain to get through doorways.

Back on topic!

Is it possible to get figures without their body weight in stuff hanging off them? Not everyone has belts encrusted with daggers and pouches as well as wrist sheathes and a bandoleer of whatchas. Some less complicated ones might be nice.

cavalry models - different races/types of rider/mounts.

Riders (with saddles?), that would fit on all those monsters already realeased by Reaper.

Riders beside their mounts - e.g pulling horse by reins , staying in front of a horse with hand on nostrils,

Yes, I know it's the thread about fantasy minis, but I shall repeat my request for sci-fi models (post-apocalyptic, cyberpunk, space opera, even modern...).

On the subject of rider/mount minis, I'd like to put a vote in for chariots. They're wicked cool, and heaps of wargamers use them. Several different styles would be nice, but a generic "fantasy" chariot will suffice (LOL! that rhymed); there could even be the chariot itself sold separately, and then you buy a pack with race-specific mounts and charioteers to complete the kit.

Come to think of it, I'd like to see various war machines, like catapults and bolt throwers.

I mentioned this to Sandra Garrity and Julie Guthrie while thanking them profusely for the Hippocampus and Aquatic Familiars.

There's just one more thing I need. I've got sea elves. I've got a mermaid. The Aboleth is on the way. The Wereshark is available for when I want to nab it.

Now, all I need is a Sea Dragon.

These things are wickedly cool. They have some at the Dallas Aquarium downtown (where I first saw them) if Talin needs some sketching ideas. :devil:

A manatee or two would also be cool, as would a Narwhale.

I would like to see even more sea elves or Atlantians... that's people from Atlantis not Atlanta, and more mermaids.

It's kind of strange that Reaper only has on "Pan" type creature. I was going to buy one or two of everything they had to proxy with my Warlord Elves, but I don't want ten of the same figure. I guess I will buy the Reven Woodcutters with Urga and Traeg that's five sculpts. I'll cut their horns off and make them the little stubby ones.

Another figure I noticed hasn't been made is a Sumo wrestler. Their are a dozen or so martial arts types. No fat love from Reaper. A big gimungous 450 lb Sumo and one of the thinner, fit and trim 250 lb Sumos would be awesome. I could model for these if nessesary. :rolleyes: