Minis we would like to see (fantasy version)

ladystorm

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Figures in attire and armour more akin to Japanese console games.

Iain.

So bizarre gravity-defying hairdos, lots of extraneous belts/sashes/scarves and asymmetrical garments, and ridiculously huge weapons? Is that what you mean? ::P:

I would like to see a female halfling bard that has straight hair, boots on her feet, lookin' all sexy with either a lyre or flute in hand. I'd also like to see a male halfling bard with short cropped straight hair, boots on his feet, a rapier at his side and his instrument be a recorder. Yes you heard me a recorder . . .

I'd also like to see a female half elf sorceress with long flowing hair, with the sides of it pulled back into either a braid or small pony tail, a sexy look on her face, one of her hands down by her side while the other is palm up towards the sky at her side as if she's about to throw a fireball! I envision this as a Klocke piece!

I'd like to see some more traditional knights. I like absurdly massive shoulders and helmets as much as the next guy but it would also be nice to have some more figures wearing at least quasi historic armor from time to time.

On the subject of things quasi-historical (kinda), I'd like to see some slightly exaggerated Chinese warrior types, a la Dynasty Warriors. I'm a big fan of those games, and the armour styles would look so good on a mini, not to mention being a blast to paint. I think it's a raw deal that there are several samurai/ninja minis in the DHL line, plus the L5R line if you can get it, but the only Chinese style minis seem to be a few shaolin-esque monks.

Haven't had time to read the whole thread-new to the boards, but how about a townsfolk pack that's a wedding party? Bride and groom all dressed up, priest, attendants? I think it would be great for dioramas and town scenes, plus gamers would love painting them for caketoppers at their own weddings!

Also-a good halfing ranger. My friend wants to play one in our next game, he's not very satisfied with the selection but will probably end up getting 2057 or 2109. I think gnomes and halflings could both use a wider selection of figs in more than the stereotypical classes.

Wedding party!! I haven't followed every post in this thread either, so I don't know if it's been said before, but if it ain't, I say kings to you!!

At some point or another, there's always a wedding in any long running roleplaying game.

I would like to see a female halfling bard that has straight hair, boots on her feet, lookin' all sexy with either a lyre or flute in hand.

A halfling with boots looks pretty much like a gnome. Thora the gnome bard has a lyre and ankle boots. Her hair is in pigtails so it is straight. Sexy... since halflings are not generally a catchword for sexy, Thora is probably quite a hottie for a little person.

I'll chime in and echo 'more quasi-historical, armored adventurers'. And unarmored ones. And lightly armored ones. Clothed realistically, believably. Rich and poor, young and old, noble, commoner and townsman...dogs and cats living together -- MASS HYSTERIA.

Now I'm showing my age... See, I'm so old I have first-hand knowledge of what a 13th century peasant wore. ::D: