Minis we would like to see (fantasy version)

ladystorm

Yes, pretty much like that one,

However it seems a little busy to me.

My thought was something more minimalistic I guess, with emphasis and detail on the basics, i.e. nice oversized simple shield (less decoration perhaps more signs of wear and tear), simple helmet with mohawk strip, a dramatic cape tossed and torn with the action, one finely sculpted +10 damage spear :poke: (instead of many generic spears) raised in mid throw, a sheathed short sword, less ornate armour (maybe one shoulder covered a la gladiator style) more ripped muscle, more primitive look with Roman sandles etc.

The idea being no need for too much gear because after all, "I'm a Spartan :grr:, my courage alone will protect me from your feeble attempts". The 72 mm would really bring out the details and simplistic nature of the look.... in my humble opinion. :unsure:

The existing Spartan mini is wonderfully done and great looking but seems to weighted down and modern to me.

Thanks for responding.

Cheers, ::D:

Sparrow

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

I had another couple of ideas for minis. :rolleyes:

Any Pulp Fiction fans out there? :rock: I loved the character Pie Mei, you know the ancient Kung Fu/ Tai Chi master that kicked butt. I thought an Elven, Human, or Ogre simple version of this in traditional robes would be cool, no weapons or armour just robes, open Eagle Claw style hands, with the matching long hair and beard and eyebrows (and maybe a long stemmed pipe) in an awesome looking yin-yang Kung Fu stance. The Orgre Mage 02486 has the stance down pat that I was thinking of, but the subject as an ancient elf (can elves have cool beards and eybrows? If not then in a Human format) with cool robes (lots of opps for freehand on the robes) would be the bomb. :lol:

The other was just a thought. I have always been apprehensive painting Dwarves, I find them difficult because of how all the details are so stout and cramped in there ( I know quit complaining). But I thought a 54mm or 72mm of a really cool Dwarf, with one leg up on a legendary dwarf masonary ruin or something would look really sharp. Cool helm, big beard, braids, the whole nine yards but just bigger. Maybe this is a paradox, a really Big Dwarf. :wow: Still think it would look cool :B):

Wishfully Thinking,

Sparrow

I just realized that it wasn't Pulp Fiction but rather Kill Bill that I meant to reference in the above reply

sorry abouut the inacuracy :unsure:

Sparrow

Thought there was some scale creep going on...hopefully they fight that. In some figs it works alright, some are taller than others, but lets not get all GW about it...

I would like to see more male human fighters in scale. DnD starts you with it, and we have so few...

M.

-3 stage minis would be great, with simple cloak or something for traveling then heavy armor for fighting with a sword,or hand to hand weapon, and a heavily armored one with a ranged weapon

- along the lines of 3 staged A mini with a mount, maybe a mounted pose and a non mounted pose also the mount just tacked up and a mounted fighting action pose, Rackham has some sweet examples

- Some Clerics with slings and staffs that aren't druid like.

- A ranger female heavily armored with two swords and no cloak

- Furniture, any kind for dioramas or tabletop play.

I was thinking of a Chinese line. Something with Wushu roots ala Crouching Tiger or House of Flying Daggers. I could see them with the traditional layered robes and thin steel blades similar to Green Destiny. I've looked for something similar but haven't found em yet.

I vote for more from Ben Siens too, though my order of preference begins with Bugbears.

How about an Undead Bugbear with a fleshless face, which reveals the front of his skull while keeping the rest of the distinctive bugbear head intact. His eyeballs should still be in the sockets. He'd look surprised because there'd be no eyelids or cheeks.

His tongue should also be intact because whatever killed him only took off the surface flesh from his face and went all the way down the front of his body, exposing the center of his ribcage, like an open jacket. His armor would also have a missing stripe down the center, and would be hanging off to the sides a little. There'd be some entrails visible too but they'd mostly still be in the bowl of his pelvis unless he lurched forward and spilled them out.

Imagine walking into a lamp-post or a parking meter at a fast pace--all the flesh that hurts from impact (face, chest, groin) would be disintegrated. That's what killed this bugbear and made in undead too.

This could be in a two-pack, with a live bugbear, who looks really surprised by what just happened to his two-pack-mate.

He'd be wide-eyed, with one brow raised, his mouth agape in disbelief or fear. His head would be looking sideways, over his shoulder, as if they were walking next to each other when it happened. The arm closest to the undead thing he's looking at would be stretched in front, heading across the front of his body, as he enters the classic "you have cooties don't touch me" posture, though a bugbear would never say that.

Asian-style, wingless dragons. Per the L5R miniatures thread... something along the lines of the 4 elemental dragons--but legally distinct! I especially liked the water dragon--I think it had fins instead of legs but the pic was small.

You can see one moving with fluid grace underwater at the beginning of the movie Godzilla: Final Wars. It's named Manda if you wanna google it, but the pics from old movies where he's on land don't do it justice. You need to see it swimming to get an idea of how it would move magically through air. The technology in Neverending Story didn't do as good a job with flying dragon motion.

How about a 3 headed hydra too.

I loved the character Pie Mei, you know the ancient Kung Fu/ Tai Chi master that kicked butt... Sparrow

RAFM has a mini called Asp, which is basically The Bride, if you're interested. A little cartoony, but not too bad. Foundry has a couple Yakuza and assassin types in their Street Violence line that fit, as well. But neither has anything like Pie Mei.