Lady Tam

The Kingdom of Mordant

Tarail takes postition with Dev knowing that his keen eyes as well as those of his new companion, Kanhu, will be an asset in scouting out the area.

"I hope you don't mind us joining you. But several pairs of eyes are better than one." He says quietly to the dark elf. "Besides, since I've been busy training Kanhu, we haven't had much opportunity to get to know each other."

"Ofcourse you may, and I am glad for the help." He watches the road and the trees throughout but quirks a smile where it can be seen. "Was there something in particular you wanted to know friend?"

"Well, let's start with the story of your life, you hopes, dreams and aspirations, your political affiliations, the many (or few) loves of your life, and what you hope to accomplish by joining us," Tarail responds with a side-ways grin. "Actually, at the moment, I'm more interested in what you'd like to help me hunt for dinner. I'm starving!"

"I was born at an early age, both my parents are expatriots though of different cities. My mother fell in with the Priestesses of Eilistraee pretty quickly. My father never cared much for religion even before he came to the surface but he was good enough with a blade that he was allowed to stay. I dream of the day when I can marry a fae elf and raise several oddly colored and misunderstood children. Next comes a short list of exceedingly beautiful drow women." He smiles broadly to himself. "I serve my goddess by helping you, not to mention the greater good. Oh and I have always had a taste for wild pig."

"Well, if your children need an odd misunderstood uncle figure, I'm your man." Tarail responds. "Being raised among elves for most of my formative years was no easy feat being a half-breed and all."

After a brief pause he adds, "Wild pig sounds tasty, my friend. Let's keep our eyes peeled. Come on, Kanhu, let us hunt!"

"Definitely so, I have felt it almost every time that I have encounterd full elves and humans alike," Tarail responds. "That is why I defended you after our first battle. Your actions have not given us any reason to mistrust you. As a matter of fact, you joined in our mission without even being asked. What led you to do that?"

"My goddess asks it of me and I am happy to oblige. An extra bow can't hurt, and besides it will make for a good story when I eventually go home." He smiles. "You might like the place if you were ever to visit, they have become accustomed to Drow walking about, they wouldn't even look twice at a half elf."

The two ride on continuing to exchange quiet banter while constantly surveying the area for any sign of enemies or wild game. Kanhu glides silently above, his keen eagle eyes seeing much farther than even those of elven blood.