Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Tam

The Kingdom of Mordant

Recommended Posts

"Thanks.  That would do nicely."  She focuses on the mage and cat.  "And my full name is Kyrrinthatalin Pyreflight, wood elf from the realm of Darkan.  It is nice to make your aquaintence.  And you too, Mookie."

She smiles at both, takin the time to pet the cat in just that right spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balus smiles, a little more at ease after the faux pas. "A pleasure to meet you Kyrrinthatalin Pyreflight. As I said before, I am Balus Spellslinger, this is Mookie, who now that you're scritching her will be your friend forever."

 

Sadly, Balus is most definatly from human lands, as his accent makes any Elven name sound terrible as he tries to replicate the smoothness that she says her own name. But the intent is there, so it's the thought that counts. But still, what a terrible accent!

 

"Um, I'm not very good with preparing meals, but I'll happily help where you need it."

 

Can you tell this is the first time Balus has ever seen an Elf? I thought so...

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hehehe, I'm a wild elf.  We do not stand with formality so much....or with titles.  That is why I go by Kita....the other was given to me by the regent.  But, I stray..."

She goes thru her pack...but finds no pot or anything that could resemble one.  A small frown creases her face, but the pot does not pop out of thin air..."Durn..."

 

She looks at the others of the party.  "Do any of you have a pot?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balus nods to her. "'Kita' I can manage to say without sounding like a bumpkin."

 

Mookie, greviously offended, goes and curls up on the Mage's Grimoire, she knows that at some point he'll come back for it, and when he does... oh, what a price he'll pay....

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After breakfast Dymitri goes back upstairs to retrieve the remainders of his gear.  He unsheathes his scimitar to check the blade one last time, re-sheathes it and straps it on his back.  He strings his bow, plucking the string ever so slightly, to ensure the tension is correct.  Throws his saddlebags over his shoulder, picks up his quiver and finally his bedroll, and he is out the door.  (ooc: spot check...does Dymitri notice this non-descript woman in the taproom, or the silver-gray skinned woman watching him and the company prepare to leave?)

 On the rode, Dymitri talk with everyone, as they talk to him, but skirts around the topic of leadership (ooc: he believes it has been beaten enough, and when the time comes, he or one of his compatriots will step up.)  After the days ride, and the camp is set, Dymitri takes his bow and quiver, and hunts until dusk.  (ooc: small game, easy to clean and carry.)  He stands the watch he is assigned, and rests when not on post.

 The third day is much like the second, uneventful.  Until out of the woods, by the days campsite, comes a beautiful elven maiden, :love: leading her horse from the stream.  At her initial reaction (ooc: hand going to sword), Dymitri raises one hand in a calming gesture.  His action is reflected in Balus' words.

 As he dismounts the lady introduces herself as Kita, Kita, that's a unique name.  Dymitri thinks.

 Dymitri bows slightly, then stammers, "G-g-good eve M'lady Kita."

  Oh, didn't that sound mature, chucklehead.  He winces a bit to himself, clears his throat and continues, "Yes, your company would be appreciated this evening, as my friends have already mentioned." :blush:

 At Kita's offer of assistance with his horse, Dymitri hands her his reigns before he realizes what he has done, What beautiful eyes. he muses, and smiles shyly.  The touch of her hand as she takes the reigns, is as soft and light as a butterfly landing on the petal of a rose.

 As watches are being discussed, and Kita mentions that she will take the last, Dymitri, is the first to pipe up, "I will take the last, too."  he says quickly.

 Explaining, as if he needed too, "I'm used to getting up early, anyway." :blush:

 Then feeling as if all eyes are upon him, Dymitri takes up his bow and quiver, and again goes to hunt.

 When he is out of earshot he mutters to himself.  "Bumpkin...once again you show your true maturity, and roots."  as he kicks a clod of dirt.

  I have only heard about Elven women, he thinks in wonderment. but to actually meet one.  He smiles broadly.   The stories do them no justice.

 He continues his hunt, in silence, and returns to the camp just before dusk.  (ooc: with whatever game he might have bagged.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Archibald sits on his haunches and watches the camp-making, amused.  

 

At some point, he ambles up to Kita, stands on his hind legs, bows, and doesn't calmly say "Rar," by way of greeting.

 

At the end of the day, he does as he has habitually done, which is to curl up against one of the horses, underneath its blanket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reg returns from his scouting at dusk, apparently the woman is who she seems to be, a lone traveller. Taking his cue from the others he says quietly "I will take the middle watch!"

 

With that he takes the saddle off his two horses and feeds them some oats, then lays his bedroll down. Seeing Archibald approach the woman and then leave he hears her question.

 

"Well his name is Archibald, but most of us call him Footstool, and don't worry he's harmless" with that he goes to sleep. He will let the others watch over him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC-a little backtracking

 

At Kita's offer of assistance with his horse, Dymitri hands her his reigns before he realizes what he has done, What beautiful eyes. he muses, and smiles shyly.
She smiles a little in responce.  "Your welcome, young sir."

 

At some point, he ambles up to Kita, stands on his hind legs, bows, and doesn't calmly say "Rar," by way of greeting.

??? "Good evening, friend lil'dragon.  Who might your master be?"  She smiles plesantly to him.  At that, she hands the dragon one of the hares, again with a little smile.

 

"Well his name is Archibald, but most of us call him Footstool, and don't worry he's harmless" with that he goes to sleep. He will let the others watch over him.

 

"Oh, right then...Archibald.  <In Elvish> And who might I have the honor of meeting?  I am known as Kyrrinthatalin Pyreflight, of Tyanna by Thorlinkyre Pyreflight."  With that, she half bows in her crouch she is at over her fire.

 

She says a quick prayer to the Leaflord for her bounty, then hands a whole rabbit each to split between two people.  Then helps Balus hand out some bread and cheese.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The next morning dawns cool and crisp. During the night clouds moved in and cover the sky from horizon to horizon. And as you prepare to break camp a misty drizzle begins to fall. Not everyone slept well this past night. Gorin wakes after a fretful night of sleep filled with dreams. His eyes turn to the west where his home lies. “I must be leavin’ ya” he says in his gruff manner. “Somethin’ is brewing back home. And I am needed.” He looks at the group visibly torn “I hate to be doin’ this, but… I have my duty to my god and He is tellin’ me to return to my home.” He quickly gathers his thing and mounts his horse. “Tell the Castellan that King Hume will compensate Mordant for the horse.” And with that he spurs his horse and rides to the west without a backward glance.

  You finish breaking camp and continue riding North, Kita it seems is heading the same way and rides with you.  The day is cool and dreary and the clouds show no signs of departure. At time the ran grows heavy just to slack off to a drizzle. By late afternoon you can tell the weather is getting worse. Soon you will be forced to find cover as the rain and wind picks up. Thunder can be heard and lightning flashes in the distance, but getting closer by the minute. You are able to find shelter in a copse of trees. It looks like you maybe hear for awhile, if not until morning.

 

(O.K. gave you time to make camp if you want. Plus you can RP a bit more.)

Lady Tam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the storm fast approaching Reg swings into action. Again handing his reins to Anden he starts unpacking his kit. He pulls out a small stash of dry firewood, and the cook pot and clears a section of ground near some small trees. He then pulls out about 3 square meteres of canvas and starts hitching them to the small trees making a small dome with the fire at it's mouth. This will allow 3 or 4 of the party to sleep relatively dry.

 

After starting the fire with his tinder he dissapears into bush to collect what dry wood he can from the ley of the surrounding copse of trees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank the Gods for wide brimmed hats, even floppy ones like Spellslinger's. He bundles up in his cloak a little more tightly, no use in yelling at the rain, it'll come down even more, and you'll be tired.

 

Mookie, much maligned for her sun to have hidden, curls herself up in Balus' cloak, her fur wet and clingy, her mood is as black as Balus', but she doesn't hide her emotions.

 

At the encampment, Balus wastes no time waiting for Reginald's sparks. A spidery word of Magick and a bolt of flame ignites the fire to a cheary glow. "Now." he says before getting his own small tent ready against the rain. "I think a stew would be in order for the meal tonight, something hot to warm our blood."

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between short camp patrols, during the final watch, Dymitri tries to get to know Kita.  Making small talk and asking, "What brought her here?", "Where are you going?", "Do you always travel alone?", etc.

 During there exchange Dymitri gazes at her, Kyrinnthatalin Pyreflight having heard her name earlier he lightly mouths the name, behind closed lips, trying to make it feel right.   A wild elf, I had no idea there where differences.  He is taken aback by her feral beauty as the fire light dancing with the tattoos on her tanned skin.

 As he goes about the camp again he shouts at himself   Snap out of it.  You don't have time to clutter your brain. shaking his head.  

 The wind picks up a bit, snapping him to reality and Dymitri finally notices the clouds moving in.  Seeing this he begins to gather up all unecessary camp items, still catching glimpses of Kita, for an easier camp break when everyone get up.  

 As he unpacks his cloak, in preparation for the coming days weather.  He hears rustling and moans, Dymitri looks around the camp Gorin is not sleeping well he notices.   I wonder what it's about.

 When morning comes, and everyone rises, Gorin is quick in gathering his belongings, then speaks,

“I must be leavin’ ya” he says in his gruff manner.

“Somethin’ is brewing back home. And I am needed.”

He looks at the group visibly torn “I hate to be doin’ this, but… I have my duty to my god and He is tellin’ me to return to my home.”

Gorin mounts his horse and continues, “Tell the Castellan that King Hume will compensate Mordant for the horse.”  

 Then without a backward glance he is gone, in to the brewing storm of the day.

 Dymitri watches Gorin go, Good luck and may the Gods protect you, friend Dwarf.  He then continues to help the others break camp.

 The rest of the day, Dymitri, tries to stay dry.  The one ray of sunshine in his day is that, Kita, is still accompanying the group.

 Finding the corpse of trees to weather the storm.  Reg begins to set a camp.  Seeing what Reg is doing, and amazed at the items he pulls forth, Dymitri lends a hand.   He did say this held his life's possessions looking at the kit.

 Dymitri does what he can to assist anyone, and soon the camp is set.  He brings 2 rabbits to the stew pot, and says, "Who's cooking?"

 Trying to break the dreariness of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Last night on Watch-

 

Between short camp patrols, during the final watch, Dymitri tries to get to know Kita.  Making small talk and asking, "What brought her here?", "Where are you going?", "Do you always travel alone?", etc.
She glances at him from across the fire, judging wether or not to tell.  "I am from the forest of Darkan, a nature walker...or what human's call a druid.  As for why I am travling alone, my ..duty called me here.  To investigate a shift of balance in the area."  

She gazes up at the stars, relaxing her shoulders a bit.  Lets see what he does with that bit of information.  I have to know if I can trust them.

 

"We are on a mission to Dhurla's Pass to look for a missing person.  But, I heard at the inn two nights ago that there have been an increase in Kobold raids." he takes a breath, and slows his oration.

Smiling sheepishly  he continues, "From the report I was told they attacked an encamped caravan in a non-magic area riding large lizards as mounts."

"My suspicion is that if raids are on the increase, maybe our missing person is an abductee from the town."  He stops, thinks and says,  "Or, maybe I'm just going out on a limb."

"Never the less, I for one would be very happy if you where to accompany us...at least to Dhurla's Pass."  

He drowns in her eyes, finally making eye contact.

 

She continues to watch the camp as she continues, "Well, if I am welcome to all, I will add my talents.  Also, we just might have similar goals to achive..."  Conner chips suddenly to announce his incoming arrival.   He lands, chirping like only a old owl can, imperiously yelling at the man for keeping his perch's attention.  After suitable attention is maintained, he continues to stare...doin the head rolls, big eye ball glare, and that really disturbing upside down head glare.  She smiles in appoligy to the man, "Sorry, but Connor...is quite old."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

***Last Night on Watch***

 

 

"I am from the forest of Darkan, a nature walker...or what human's call a druid.  As for why I am travling alone, my ..duty called me here.  To investigate a shift of balance in the area."  
 "Then our investigations may cross paths." Dymitri smiles.

 "Well...not completely, but at least partially." he says.  

She gazes up at the stars, relaxing her shoulders a bit.

 "We are on a mission to Dhurla's Pass to look for a missing person.  But, I heard at the inn two nights ago that there have been an increase in Kobold raids." he takes a breath, and slows his oration.

 Smiling sheepishly :blush: he continues, "From the report I was told they attacked an encamped caravan in a non-magic area riding large lizards as mounts."

 "My suspicion is that if raids are on the increase, maybe our missing person is an abductee from the town."  He stops, thinks and says,  "Or, maybe I'm just going out on a limb."

 "Never the less, I for one would be very happy if you where to accompany us...at least to Dhurla's Pass." :love:

 He drowns in her eyes, finally making eye contact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well, I really wished I was able to learn more of dwarves from you." Lucius says, as the dwarf leaves. "Don't worry about the horse. I'll pay for it." He calls as the dwarf leaves.

 

Lucius does much camping during their ride to the next day's camp. he talks mostly of mundane things; the weather and whatnot. He also slips in some small bits of thought grabbing and profound talkery.

At the sight of the lightningy rain storm, and Reg unpacking his Nature Dome, Lucius reaches into his saddle bags and pulls out a rather ordinary canvas pouch. He goes about indoing the strings and inside is what anyone with the knowladge of such things would no is a small pup tent. Lucius does his best with the tent, though his isn't much  of the whole 'masculin outdoorsy' macho man type. He struggles, though to every one else he does a very charasmatic test of all the wrong ways, to put together a pup tent. Finely Lucius asks Kitta for help in the assembly. When it is finished, Lucius anounces to the group: "well, I have room for one more in my humble abode. Since there isn't room for all of us in the Reg's tent, some can stay in mine." Lucius goes to his saddle bags as he says this and produces some elegant hardtak which he chews away at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...