Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Tam

The Kingdom of Mordant

Recommended Posts

--begin--

 

Mookie curls up in the driest spot in camp, close to the fire and begins the long and difficult process of putting every hair back in place. Her human, she has decided, is an idiot for being in the rain.

 

Balus, in the meantime, sets up his own small tent, from what the others see, he has had some experience setting up the shelter, and just a little magick to help ease the task.

 

With a mighty heave, he shoves his gear in there (by a miracle, it all lands exactly where he wants it) and then offers his help to any who may need it.

 

Mookie, seeing her favorite place is now set up, goes into the tent, sits her muddy paws right on Spellslinger's bedding, and continues to clean herself off.

 

--begin--

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reg seeing as though Anden and The Footstool both seem to be wooden and unmoving on their horses as the storm approaches, he hoists Anden off his horse grunting a bit a the weight and bundles him under the shelter with a blanket. He then picks up the Footstool and drops him on top of Andens strangely wooden body.

 

Reg then moves about unburdening the horses and tieing them firmly to a couple of trees within easy range of fodder, hoping the reins will not break if the horses get spooked by the thunder. Thinking quickly he also remembers to hood the horses so the flash and noise doesnt' startle them too much.

 

That completed he takes a look around and dissapears into the surounding wet dripping brush, doing his nightly scout of the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During the ride the next morning, she does chat some...but feels like a outsider still...somewhat.  When Lucius askes for help with his tent. she assits him the best she can, but then not having one of her own is at a bit of a disadvantage.  Hopefully, the bigger tent has room for a owl and a elf.  

    She again helps with what she can, helping out the mage with his tent a bit too, but mainly stays with the horses to keep them all calm and from hurting themselves.  The monk also assists with them, while she is checking for anything wrong with their hooves.

I believe he is called Reg, not sure though.  Well...here goes

    "You are Reg, am I right?  You seem to be a type of holy man?  I'm sorry, but I am not familiar with most human sects."

She continues with her work a bit while waiting for a answer.

    Meanwhile, Connor makes his way from Kita's hair over to the big open tent (flying if it is not to wet under here).  There, he plants himself in a set of blankets with only his beak and eyes visable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mookie, only partially finished adjusting her fur finds great interest in the owl that has just swooped in. She lowers herself on Spellslinger's bedding, hiding herself as best she can. With a tiny wiggle of her rear, she begins creeping steadily closer to the edge of the tent, her eyes glittering in the firelight, the thought of fresh kill on her tiny mind.

 

Then Balus *glages* at his cat. "Don't even think about it." he says to her, and after a small contest of wills between the two, Mookie innocently cleans her paw, she had no intentions of attacking, heaven's no... Not mookie...

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You are Reg, am I right?  You seem to be a type of holy man?  I'm sorry, but I am not familiar with most human sects."

 

"Well, not exactly Kyrrinthatalin Pyreflight" Reg manages not to mangle her name too much. "I guess I am most apptly called a Monk, my order is along religious lines, yet without a divine focus. You could say we worship the universe, but they wouldn't be correct either. I believe what I am is a man, just a man trying to become an epitome of human behaviour, so that one day I may speak and converse with the gods."

 

"I try to hold wisdom and common sense above all other traits. I see it as the only path to peace in the world. I train my body as it is linked with my mind, so that I will have the strength to ensure wisdom prevails and the wisdom to ensure the strength is not used wrongly."

 

Reg thinks he may have bored her, but isn't overly concerned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She focuses on the meaning of his words, trying to understand the whole of it.  "So, in other words, you are fighting a humans nature to destroy itself.  I am on a path kinda similar to yours... but mine is to keep the balance of life itself."  She looks more at him, checking his stance as a fighter would.  "And of course I do have the blessing of The Leaflord to perform...spells to help out others also.  And spells to harm."

 

She stands up from the last horse, patting its neck to help calm her.  "So, being that we are traveling the same way, and almost the same purpose, would you oppose to my joining the group?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ah I see maam, " says Reg "you are somewhat of a holywoman your self, and your domain is nature." Reg nods his understanding. "Well if you believe you have a common cause with us then I don't have a problem with you joining our merry band." Reg grins as he says it.

 

"However if you feel uncomfortable in towns, you had best say so now as our destination is Dhurla's pass and the new community there."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spellslinger sits at the edge of his tent, listening to the conversation, but dry enough from the elements to allow him to open his spellbook and read.

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thunderstorm rages about the land for over an hour before moving off to the south. The rain however continues to come down in a continuous, heavy stream. Quite obviously going any further this day is out of the question. Towards evening the rain finally start to slow down to a soft easy rain. As you settle in around the cook fire you hear the rain as it lands on your tent coverings, the sound is almost hypnotic at times. The stew is warm and filling, for as the evening wears on the temperature drops to a much chillier degree, Fire and blankets will be very welcome this night! The stew is very welcome and hits the spot ‘just right’ warming everyone from the inside out. Watches are once again set for the night.

   But this night doesn’t pass as quietly as the last have! Strange sounds are heard through out the night and the bushes rustle often, but when investigated no one is there. Strange “yapping” sounds are heard, sounding much like the high pitched barking of dogs. A strange moaning sound is heard in the trees and continues for almost an hour before dissipating. At another time a volley of rocks come flying out of the darkness pelting the tents and the horses, causing the horses to become restless and agitated. This continues all night, as the rain continues to fall.

   When morning comes everyone is tired, as no one has had a restful night. The horses are nervous and jittery from the night activities, making tacking them back up a challenge as they dance in place. A sweep of the area shows no tracks or any evidence of who could have been harassing the group. The rain has removed all traces, which is most likely why the harassment ended when it did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well," says Reg rubbing his eyes lightly, "we can press on or we can keep this camp for another night and deal with an 'pests' that come around" Reg then starts a simple stretching routine while waiting for the descision.

 

"If we press on the I believe we shall need an order to our march, if we are attacked we shall need a strategy."

 

"I will take point, I have the most training in surprise attacks I believe and should be quick enough to escape most traps. If Anden and Lucious come behind, followed by Balus and Kyrrinthatalin followed by Aramil and Dimitri, we should be reasonably balanced. Footstool should travell where he may, I don't know what he is cabable of doing yet, and I would rather he didn't get underfoot.

 

Also those of us who carry missile weapons should ride with them ready." So saying Reg unlimbers his light crossbow and fits a quiver to his belt, on the assumption the party will continue on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balus' sleep-shadowed eyes open, his cat resisting the urge to move. Neither of them have had a good night's rest, and it shows.

 

"####" he says. "Well, no sence wasting daylight." with that, Balus packs his things, puts Mookie on the horse, saddles up and lends a hand breaking camp to those that need it.

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kita spends most of her waking time trying to soothe the horses.  After spending some time with each one, they all seem to calm down enough to be ok on the road ahead.

 

As the team gets ready to head out, though...

 

"Well," says Reg rubbing his eyes lightly, "we can press on or we can keep this camp for another night and deal with an 'pests' that come around" Reg then starts a simple stretching routine while waiting for the descision.

"If we press on the I believe we shall need an order to our march, if we are attacked we shall need a strategy."

 

"Moving ahead is probably the best corse, but we should all be aware that the noises from last night were not made by any natural animal.  From what Dymitri has told me, you all are here trying to hunt down kobolds....."  She looks to the trail ahead, a worried frown on her face.  "Well, I should say we have found them....or more to the point, they have found us.  And we must put them at the disadvantage, find a high point or narrow pass to aid us in the battle that is coming."

 

Connor looks at the party from Kita's shoulder, assessing them all.  He starts muttering to himself, finally picking at his feathers some to hide his laughter.

:glare: Kita glares at the owl, I'd like to see you take on the kobolds by yourself, old friend.  Then who would be laughing.

She looks back at Reg, "Do you know the area here, someplace like that?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing Lucius having problems with his tent Dymitri assists his comrade to set the tent right.  Once done he steps back under the dome.  The stew is coming along and smells delicious.

 As the storm continues Dymitri, tries to stay warm and dry.

 During a break in the activity, Dymitri says, "Friends, as it seems Krynnthatalin,"

  The practice seemed to work,  I didn't shred her name at least  , he thinks smiling :) .

 "Kita," he smiles again, motioning to the Elf, "is travelling in the same direction, why not make her part of our company?"

 

 He listens to the parties answers.

 

 Later, Dymitri sleeps a well as he can with the rain, and disturbances from the woods.  

 When he is roused for his watch he is drowsy and grumpy.  Bow ready, he stays close to the fire, trying to stay warm and using the light to see in to the surrounding trees.  At every noise and rustling of bush, he investigates, but finds nothing.   I wish the cowardly, whatever it is, would just show themselves and get this over with. He thinks frustratedly, as the watch continues.

 As the morning comes, the harrasment from the woods diminishes, and finally ends.  And, the rain finally ceases.

 Dymitri rouses everyone, as Kita attempts to calm the horses.

 As everyone gets up Reg says,  

"Well," rubbing his eyes lightly, "we can press on or we can keep this camp for another night and deal with the 'pests' that come around."
 Dymitri thinks a second, and says, "I vote to move on, we still have to get to Dhurla's Pass.  And, from the information I gleaned at the inn, the "pests" will most likely follow."

 Balus speaks up, too,

"Well, no sence wasting daylight."
and begins to pack his things.

 Reg continues, still addressing the group,

"If we press on, I believe we shall need an order to our march, and if we are attacked we shall need a strategy."
 Then Kita says,
"Moving ahead is probably the best course, but we should all be aware that the noises from last night were not made by any natural animal.  From what Dymitri has told me, you all are here trying to hunt down kobolds....."  She looks to the trail ahead, a worried frown on her face.  "Well, I should say we have found them....or more to the point, they have found us.  And we must put them at the disadvantage, find a high point or narrow pass to aid us in the battle that is coming."

 Kita and her owl, seem to have some kind of mental conversation, and she glares at the bird.  Then looks back to Reg and says,  

"Do you know the area here, someplace like that?"
 Dymitri smiles, then says, "That is not our main mission, it's just some information I got at an inn a couple days back, but it seems the information has some merit, and if we can get them at a disadantage as you said.  If it's a fight they want I believe we can give it to them."

 He continues, "Reg what do you think would be the best "marching order"?

 Reg says,

"I will take point, I have the most training in surprise attacks I believe and should be quick enough to escape most traps. If Anden and Lucious come behind, followed by Balus and Kyrrinthatalin followed by Aramil and Dymitri, we should be reasonably balanced. "Footstool" should travel where he may, I don't know what he is capable of doing yet, and I would rather he didn't get underfoot."

 Dymitri nods in agreement, "That sounds agreeable.  Though I think Archibald could be used as a forward scout also, he can fly.  And,"

 He glances at Connor, "if your friend there is agreeable,  Kita, he could fly high above us to get a bigger "birds-eye", no offense," looking at the owl, "view of the area.  And, possible see a defendable spot, too."  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

--Old stuff--

 

 When Lucius askes for help with his tent. she assits him the best she can, but then not having one of her own is at a bit of a disadvantage.  Hopefully, the bigger tent has room for a owl and a elf.  
Lucius is gratefull for the help. He manages to do fine with Kitta there. What was that? His hand lingers on hers, he looks into her deep green elven eyes for a moment and then glance off. It appears Lucius is more than a smooth talker.

 

"You are Reg, am I right?  You seem to be a type of holy man?  I'm sorry, but I am not familiar with most human sects."

 

Lucius picks up this comment from across the campsite. "I could help you understand human sex- I mean sects." I'M SO DUMB!!!!! WHAT HAVE I JUST DONE?!! :angry: It appears Lucius is not nearly as much a smooth talkking smooth talker as he thinks. Will this comment spark a pissing contest between Dymitri and Lucius? Stay tuned to find out.

 

Spellslinger sits at the edge of his tent, listening to the conversation, but dry enough from the elements to allow him to open his spellbook and read.
Lucius walks over to the mage's tent, still red faced from his  comment earlier. "Hmm. I can understnad some of this--not just what it says either. you know, the magic. But its all so.... structured. I don't see how you can do it." Lucius wanders back to his tent, his head filled with swirling patterns of the magic infused words.

 

--new stuff--

 

Lucius tries his best to sleep through the night. Only a fool would say he was scared of the moaning and rocks which came flying at the tent. In the morning, Lucius walks out of his tent while trying not to wake the other occupent (I'm assuming there was another one, since we had a total of 7 sleeping spaces.). Stretching as he walks about, Lucius walks inspects his tent, being as quite as can be, for rips and tears made by the unpleasant rock storm. He finds a small gash made in the side of his tent and casts the same spell which he used on the first day of their aquatance.

 

Also those of us who carry missile weapons should ride with them ready." So saying Reg unlimbers his light crossbow and fits a quiver to his belt, on the assumption the party will continue on.

 

"Moving ahead is probably the best corse,
He leaps into the air, flies up out of bowshot range, and glides around to see what he can see.

 

"Archibald can fly ahead of us to scout. Besides, who better to deal with Kobalds than a dragonkin?" Lucius says, his words punctuated by Archie's sudden flight. "I agree with Kitta." Lucius says, his face going several shades pinker. "We should move on and draw these vagabonds toward a safer location." As he talks, Lucius begins to load up the possesions which he unpacked last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...