Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Tam

The Kingdom of Mordant

Recommended Posts

Kita takes a second to take accout of all of the wounded from the ground.  Anden will need my attention soon.  The others will make it ok.

 

She stays at a half crouch, focusing on a batch of the kobolds.  Then a sing song chat fills the forest, calling forth nature to come to the goups aide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Thorn in my ##### side!" curses the paladin, expletives familiar to any who have worked with farm labourers, and tries to get his longsword clear of the scabard. He is breathing hard, but attempts to keep discipline, moving if he can to place himself between the magic weilders and any more crossbow bolts. His mind casts about for the stink of evil nearby before focusing on the sharpened steel in his hands.

 

"Their mage and their leader, in that order..." it's standard tactical doctrine, but he doesnt know if he shouted or mumbled.... it's hard to think of anything but the pain in his side. If noone else is hanging back to assist the wizard and the wild-elf, he will do so, looking all the while for an opportunity to move decisively against their foes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The morning goes uneventfully, but early in the afternoon loud pops spook the horses, swiftly turning the uneventful ride in to chaos.

 Trying to calm his horse Dymitri feels the sharp bite of a crossbow bolt pierce his leg.  Soon the groups assailants appear from the tall grass, Kobolds!

 Dymitri dismounts his horse in a rush, Can't fight like this!  He stumbling as he does, but keeps his footing, the bolt in his leg causing pain to shoot up his leg.   How did I miss them in the bush!! he curses to himself. :angry:

 Dymitri hears Balus, and notices that the mage and Kita are on the ground unattended.

 With bow ready and arrow notched, he quickly moves towards Kita and Balus, and will loose at the first target (Kobold) that appears.  He will continue with his bow until the beasties get within melee range (10 feet for the chain).

 Then Dymitri will drop his bow and unleash his chain (quickdraw feat, if I remember).  "Come dance with the Furies!" :angry: is his battle-cry.

 (OOC, Tactic: He will try and trip the first opponent, at 10 feet, then will strike it on the following round.  All others will feel the bite of the chain.)

 He will stay close to Balus and Kita and provide ranged and close quarters support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aramil drops lightly to the ground, realizing that in this chaos Balus is right, trying to stay mounted will be difficult. He fires his crossbow and his bolt connects with a satisfying sound in one of the charging Kobolds, causing the creature to stagger back a foot or so with a grunt. Reggie attempts to guide his horse towards the attacking Kobolds, but his mount wants nothing to do with these small noisy creatures that are shooting thing at it and fights him for control. With a wrenching buck the horse send Reggie flying, only his reflexes, honed from years a practice save him. He is able to take control of his fall and land lightly on his feet, ready to take on the attacking kobolds. Dymitri, seeing Kita on the ground moves to cover her, but not before loosing an arrow at one of the kobolds. But unfortunately with all the chaos of the panicked horses his shot goes wide.

  Seeing the monk down on the ground away from the others one of the small creatures makes his attack on Reggie, but the monk proves to fast and easily dodges the attack. But true to kobold tactics where one goes so does others as another one moves into attack the monk. This one looks a bit more ‘seasoned’ than the others and his attack strikes true! He rams his short spear into Reggie’s side with as much strength as his little body can muster!  Anther , the one sporting Aramil’s arrow backs away from the conflict, his instincts for survival out weighing his pack leaders orders.

 Balus quickly dismounts his mare, which is unusually calm for all the commotion. A shimmering light covers his body as an invisible shield covers him from head to toe. He takes up a position prepared to fight off the attackers. Another Kobold leaps to attack Aramil, thinking the already wounded elf will be an easy target. But he misses as Aramil as the elf quickly sidesteps the attack. Lucius meanwhile, lets loose with a stone from his sling, connecting solidly with the kobold that just attacked Aramil, causing the creature to yip in pain. Archie’s makes a diving attack, but the tear in his wing is giving him trouble making his raking attack go awry. Anden, though gripped in pain, maintains his calm sees the moving target of a kobold and takes a mighty swing at it. He connects, and the small creature drops like a stone! Kita seeing one of the small creatures has yet to move, sings an enchanted song that causes the grass itself to twine about the creature! Yipping in surprise, it starts to struggle to escape; the moving grass tries to entangle the injured one but seems to have less success in doing so. Two more kobolds rush up to attack the monk, who is separated from the others, but their attacks are easily blocked.

 Throughout all of this you hear the steady pounding of a horse moving towards you. Looking up you see a sturdy tundra horse bearing down on the party, the rider easily six feet tall!  A great double axe raised over his head as he aims his pony towards the group surrounding Reggie. He bears the look of a half-breed, half orc and half human, but the real question remains. Is he friend or foe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing her spell going off well, she makes her way to Anden.  "Come here Anden.  I will aid you."

 

Then, with the focus of a elf, pulls the arrow free.  She then bends closer to the peirce, whispering words into the wound.

 

The sound of rushing water roars in her ears as the power of healing and light goes from her to help her friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reggie gasps at the sudden pain in his side feeling the bloody start to flow he knows it's a very serious wound and is surprised he is still alive.

 

Seeing the slightly larger kobold preparing for another attack, and the smaller ones swarming around Reg sidesteps behind one of the little ones out of the closing cirle and tries kicking it into the path of the big kobold, hoping to hear a satisfying crunching noise either on impact with his foot or the spear wielder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dymitri, bow still in hand, and still moving towards Kita and Balus, sees the half-breed on the horse "charging" Reg.   He must be the leader of this pack! :angry: he growls to himself. Seeing Reg in big trouble, Dymitri has a new

purpose. I CAN'T let him reach Reg!

 He stops, drawing another arrow, and whispering a small prayer, "May my aim be true, and cause be just."

 (ooc: slow motion effect, concentration check)  He draws the arrow back, sights in on the person on the horse, exhales, and releases.  (ooc: Danny Glover style from Lethal Weapon.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the half-orc nears the battle scene he will dismount his tundra horse and sets his sights on the grouping of kobolds near Reg.  The half-orc's yellow eyes burn with insane fury as he's been taken by the great rage.   

 

A deep gutteral scream errupts from his mouth, "<orc>For Cernunnos, I AAAAATTTTAACCCKKKK!</orc>"

 

As the half-orc approaches, the other party members see him more clearly.  His skin is greyish green and his jet black hair is pulled back into a long pony tail sectioned into six segments which hang to his lower back, he wears a few pieces of studded leather armor, thick tundra boots, and wields a massive orc double axe.  The half-orc looks more an orc than human, but his human features should be come more obvious the closer he gets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucius, seeing Dymitri has allready attempted to slay the orc-kin, runs towards the kobold with the sling stone embedded in it, drawing his sword as he moves (charge attack). Lucius makes this barbaric charge look like something smooth and gracefull, which all the young nobles and fencers are doing in Riolan. <e>"Carelessly charges the forest boar!"</e>.

 

(ooc: If Dymitri can use slow motion effects, I think Lucius should to :p .) The sword swings out in one fluid motion. The blade sparkles, even in this hazy post-storm weather, because it has been etched with elven runes which have been filled with diamond dust. The sword has a yellow-white ivory grip. Golden eagle wings form the crossguard and a golden eagle's claw holding a circular ruby forms the pommel. Judging by the style, those in the know would say the blade is at least 300 years old.

 

Lucius plundges the short sword into the kobold's chest. Still managing to make being offbalance look fashionable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balus once again delivers orders to the group. Should they feel the mood to strike them, they might even follow the orders...

 

"The Kobolds! Ignore the Orc for now!"

 

To Dymetri, he calls shots for the skilled bowman. Selecting priority for each attack, Balus does his best to make sure each attack from his friends makes a difference.

 

Looking to the Druid, he waves her closer. "Quickly, Kita! Can you summon creatures of the forest? Any ally is a good one..."

 

Balus keeps looking right and left, wary for any sneaking attack to harm them. Should a Kobold foolishly approach him, his hand and a half sword will make quick work of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She looks up at Balus....her worry etched on her face.  "I cannot.  It is taking all my power to heal....and Reg is mortally wounded less I can help him."

 

She then gets up, and moves to Reg's aide, drawing her sword with calm purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balus' lips press into a thin line, and makes a decision. "Mookie! Come!" The cat jumps to his shoulder, claws and bared teeth. Balus charges the group surrounding Reginald. Moments before striking home, he tosses Mookie at a Kobold, nothing gets someone's attention as a creature clawing out your eyes.

 

Spellslinger's sword, while heavy snaps down with quick, precise blows. No great sweeping movements, just effecient killing blows. He calls out to the rest. "To me! To me!!!"

 

He'll rally the group around him yet...

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone's always thinking faster than me

 

Anden tries to guage the biggest or meanest of the kobolds around the weakening monk, and, refreshed by nature's healing touch, charges like a youngish over enthusiastic and stupidly honourable paladin might be expected to- attempting to engage a kobold that isn't already flailing about with an enraged, lacerating Mookie attached to its face. His training is still urging him to protect the magic-users, and gratitude to the wild elf-girl only adds to the urgency of his charge.

 

"Monk! Stay alive!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moments before striking home, he tosses Mookie at a Kobold, nothing gets someone's attention as a creature clawing out your eyes.

...or in this case, one creature clawing out your eyes as another creature swoops in from behind and delivers a knockout sting to the back of the neck, all the while telepathically broadcasting the part of "Ride of the Valkyries" used in the Napalm scene from Apocalypse Now.

 

Archibald doesn't know this music, but it'd be cool if he did, and he still swoops down and stings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...