Sign in to follow this  
Lady Tam

The Kingdom of Mordant

As the arrow flies at the oncoming half-orc, Dymitri see Kita up, and start moving towards Reg.  He begins to move again, seeing Balus moving also, he turns to aid the monk and Kita.

(ooc: If the first shot didn't stop the half-orc, or missed, Dymitri will fire again.  He seems the biggest threat to Reg.)

As he gets within melee range, Dymitri drops his bow in the grass and draws his chain (ooc: no quick draw), and proceeds the wade in to the fray.

"Come dance with the Furies, you cowardly little beasties!!!"  he yells.

Round two

Aramil quickly reloads his light crossbow and lets loose another deadly bolt. This time, taking aim at the kobold that Luscious hit with his sling. He catches the foul little creature as it is turning to flee the combat area, and drops it in its tracks! Meanwhile Reggie succeeds in grabbing one of his diminutive attackers and putting it between him and the larger kobold. A good thing too, as the larger kobolds short spear one again darts forward, but this time he impales one of his own, not the monk! The injured kobold drops to the ground yelping in pain as it struggles to rise and flee the area. Another of the small attackers tries to hit the monk, but its attack goes awry as it is jostled by the newly injured Kobold. Dymitri let’s loose his arrow at the charging half-orc, but his aim goes wide as he is jostled by one of the horses as it bumps into him. Cursing he discards his bow and grabs his chain and moves in to attack the Kobolds around Reggie.

Meanwhile the first kobold to get hit by one of Aramil’s bolts, breaks free of the entangling grass and runs for his life! Balus follows Kita as she pulls out her scimitar and moves purposely into the fray around Reggie. He tosses poor Mookie into the face of one kobold while swinging his great sword in a killing arc. But either his aim is off, or the tiny kobolds are too swift and he misses by a hair’s breadth! Mookie, however, lands on the larger of the kobolds makes two raking attacks before rolling off the kobolds face. Luscious, seeing the one kobold fall, changes the direction of his charge and moves in on the kobolds around Reggie, swinging his long sword it connects soundly with one of the kobolds. Archie, seeing his first target taken down by Aramil, makes a quick adjustment and zips after the fleeing Kobold, hitting it squarely with his tail stinger, he sends the creature into the darkness of eternal rest!

The pony with the half orc comes to a skidding halt within feet of the swarmed monk! The large creature dismounts with incredible speed a large double headed axe raised high above it’s head and battle rage in its’ eyes. It swings the weapon using both ends to hit; one sharp axe head connects soundly…with a kobold! Hitting it soundly, while the second attack misses another kobold entirely. Kita and Anden now enter the fray swinging their weapons efficiently. Kita strikes at and hit the larger Kobold, slashing it across the arm! While Anden attack deals a deadly wound to the kobold Luscious had struck, dealing it a killing blow! The remaining kobold attacking Reggie, severely injured makes a desperate attempt to flee the combat area!

LT

Reggie is feeling slightly woozy from the bloodloss, and the wound in his chest, blood oozes down his side, darkening the blue dusty robes, but calm fires burn in his eyes. Summoning up the years of training with his master, Reggie lets out a battle cry and attacks the lone remaing Kobold, punching his fist in a flurry at the kobolds face, hit or miss he follows up with a knee to the chest. "Hai'

When Kita stepps up into the battle, she turns to the greatest threat on Reg by the time she gets there (might just be the one she hit before).  She also keeps half a eye on the half orc, wonderin if he is friend or foe.

Balus brings his weapon to the ready again, a little wiser for attacking the small creatures.

With a blink of an eye, Balus lashes out at the final Kobold before the creature has a chance to turn and flee. He yells out at his fellow adventurers. "Hold! Not the Orc! The Kobolds!" He glances at the Druid. "Kita! See to his wounds, I'll cover you all!"

Glorious bravery or foolish youth propels Balus to engage the enemy. Should he find himself free of opponants, he will reach out with The Art, magickly grabbing hold of the Kobold in attempt to slow his retreat.

Mookie, her job as Mighty Hunter prooven, will dart out of the way until the nasty battle is ended...

--lstormhammer

Dymitri let’s loose his arrow at the charging half-orc, but his aim goes wide as he is jostled by one of the horses as it bumps into him.
 He hastily pulls another arrow from his quiver and readies to fire again, but as he does he sees, the now dismounted half-orc, cleave in to one of the Kobolds attacking Reg.

He lowers his bow, but notices out of the corner of his eye,

the first kobold to get hit by one of Aramil’s bolts, breaks free of the entangling grass and runs for his life!
Can't let it get away! :angry:  He thinks to himself.
Cursing he discards his bow and grabs his chain and moves in to attack
the fleeing reptile growling :angry: ,
"Come dance with the Furies, you cowardly little beastie"
as he begins to whirl and spin the his spiked chain.  (ooc: this is an edit to my last post regarding my actions.)

As his opponent falls in two pieces to the ground, Anden gets the chance to really see the juggernaut half-orc now scattering kobolds before him..... and he senses on the newcomer none of the stinking taint the kobolds carry.

Pointing to the barbarian he shouts: "FRIEND!"

"HE'S NOT EVIL, half-breed or no! Stay your hand!"

As blood from the battle-axed kobold sprays past his face he adds: "And he seems to be on our side..."

Then, he looks for more kobolds to kill...

Kita over-hears the cry:

"FRIEND!"

"HE'S NOT EVIL, half-breed or no! Stay your hand!"

As blood from the battle-axed kobold sprays past his face he adds: "And he seems to be on our side..."

Saying a quick prayer while choppin at the kobolds, she can't beleive her ears.  What is he thinking?  That  ...  creature is a orc, and my people's enemy.  Maybe he knows him....What to do?....Human's are so confusing. :glare:

"Kita! See to his wounds, I'll cover you all!"

Yea...lemme get right on that now, during a battle... :glare: I really don't like fighting, makes me moody.  I hope he did not mean right now...we got a big problem ahead I am thinking .

The raging barbarian's face is twisted and contorted with battle lust.  As the arrow narrowly misses, he spins his head briefly, yellow eyes set glaring at Dymitri.  Then battle lust grips him once more. Throwing his head back and howling a deep guttural snarl, the half-orc barbarian swings his deadly double axe above his head.    

Cernunnos, defend thee do I...  Humans, elves smell them I can...  trust them I must.

Pointing to the barbarian he shouts: "FRIEND!"

Looking over to Anden, "<orc>Enemy I am not! Called by Cernunnos, I have been!</orc>"

The barbarian looks up to Archie flying above the group as he makes his proclaimation to the party.

Quickly the half-orc moves himself into a tatical position next to Reg and attacks the remaining kobold at the wounded monk warrior's flank.

A thick foam of saliva hangs on the half-orc's blackish lips as he continues growling, grunting, yelling out curse words in a mixture of orc and common language.  

His rage has left him winded and vulnerable.

Breathing hard, he looks to Reg, "Fight well you do, for a HUMAN..."

Aramil once again loads and fire his light crossbow, striking the first kobold who was attempting to flee, taking the creature down before the creature even take two steps! Reggie suddenly burst into a flurry of movement rapidly hitting the large kobold several times repeatedly. While Dymitri sees the other attacking kobold make a break and start to run, lashes out with his deadly spiked chain, which cuts deeply into the mid-section of it. It falls to the ground lifeless. The kobold leader lashes out at the druid, and his aim is true! Kita takes a bad hit to the side! The strike makes Kita’s next attack go wide and miss. Balus jumps in and swings his mighty sword, and hits true! The kobold leader drops to the earth, never to move again.

The half-orc, breathing heavily says to Reggie in the silence after the battle"Fight well you do, for a HUMAN..."

Grimicing in pain, not really coherient, Kita moves closer to Reg.  She examine's his wound quickly, then again calls upon nature to heal her friend.  With the sound of the water again rushing thru her mind, she almost loses consciousness, but manages to stay stable enough to look alright.

Pain...I must first ...heal those that can fight, in...incase this half orc is not what he is seeming like..Ahhhhh....no moving that way...oww

To the half-orc Anden sais: "I smell no evil on you. If you are no foe, lower your axe. See?"

He flips his longsword over and lowers it hilt-first onto the ground so as not to dull the edge, then deliberately turns his back on the half-orc. Assuming he survives this gesture of trust, he moves quickly towards the druid (and her brave-face that is rapidly losing colour), biting down the finger-tips of his black gloves to pull them free of his hands.

"With your leave, Lady, I must touch the wound to do this. Please take no offense- and..... this will hurt a bit."

So saying he will press the edges of the wound together and attempt to heal her, his lips moving in a silent prayer to the gods of nature and healing for success.

"You have already done as much for me, and I thank you and your gods for it," he sais quietly to her.

Having assured himself that the wild-elf has been repaired to the best of his ability, he turns to the half-orc.

"If you would, Mighty Warrior, tell me your name so I may thank you for your aid. Also, I would offer thanks to your god for your intervention. Is there a shrine or holy place nearby where I might my thanks, and a suitable tribute such as, oh, incense perhaps? For I feel you turned the tide and saved us all, so terrified were the kobolds of that harrowing axe."