Jump to content

The Kingdom of Mordant


Lady Tam
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tarail awakens a bit later than usual for him, must be that last night in a real bed mentality, and prepares his gear for the journey. Once prepared, he heads down to join the others for a quick breakfast, the mouth-watering smell of biscuits and sausage gravy driving him to take the steps two at a time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brull, awake at first light, checks his packs and supplies before making his way to the common area. His gear now packed for travel and his weapons ready for combat, the young half-orc greets the others accordingly as he sits down at the breakfast table. He is ready to depart. Ready to face what fate has in store for them.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Waking with the first light of dawn, Lanae completes her studies before packing her things. She tends to Tho'mus making sure the stag is ready for the jouney ahead.

 

She enters the inn again and notices the group that has begun to gather. "Pleasant morning," she greets as she joins them. She has her share of breakfast consisting of mainly cheese and bread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As Brull sits down, Macsen proffers the beer jug with a grin. "Breakfast beer, Brull?"

 

Brull snorts, flares his large flat nostrils, and grins slightly at the rogue before shaking his head, "No thank you Mak-sen", Brull says as he looks down at the forthy mug thick of brown liquid, "my head stay clear it must... Per-haps tonight, when we break camp I will par-take in your offer."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dymitri goes to sleep happy, and full, in the knowledge that he is with friends. But, the good sleep doesn't last long. His dreams are soon filled with battle, death, and a dragon. <_<

As he tosses the crystal, around his neck, digs into his chest, "OUCH." he winces as he awakens several hours before dawn.

He wipes away the small drop of blood created by the crystal, then goes to the basin, he rinses his eyes with the cold water. Well, here we go again. Oh well, might as well get a start on the day he thinks to himself.

He readies his gear, ensuring all is oiled and tended. Checking his blade and adding to it's edge, taking a count of bolts and checking his crossbow string. Then lastly he tends to his chain, making sure it is in top condition I'll be needing you on this trip, I know it he thinks to himself as he sharpens every barb of the archaic weapon.

Dymitri looks at his gear spread out in the room and smiles to himself I'm ready he affirms. ::):

As he finishes the sun begins to stream through his window, and as he finishes with his re-packing he hears commotion in the hall, as the others awake and prepare. He is soon out his door and down the stairs in to the common room where, he almost stops for a bite, but heads to the stable to finish his preparations.

Macsen is just finishing as he walks in to the stable, "Mornin' Macsen, as soon as I'm done I'll be back inside, save me some food will ya?"

He ensures his and Kaylie's horses is well saddled, and fed before they start.

Once done he heads back inside, he meets the others as they begin to gather. He bids everyone a good morning, slaps Brull on the back with a smile, and informs Kaylie that her mount is ready.

He then sits down next to her, and says, "Let's eat." ::D:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lanae finishes her breakfast quickly. She watches the others until she feels like she is fading to the background. Deciding she will wait for the others outside, she excuses herself from the group and heads back to Tho'mus. She treats the white stag with a few sugar cubes while speaking softly in her Elven tongue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The hulte and bustle of the inn's morning activty continues on around the grup while they eat. Soon, the meal is done and it is time to head out and on to the road again. Once more the press on towards the mountains to the west. The morning sun slowly treking ever higher in the sky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

“What do you mean?” Lanae replies softly, giving Macsen a puzzled look. “I am fine.”

 

Seeing Macsen’s ‘I’m not buying it’ look, she sighs. “I was just remembering what it was like to be with familiar company.” She pauses for a moment hesitating to continue. Should I tell him what is burdening me? It would just confirm any thoughts he might have about my weakness. However, he is the only one here that knows…

 

Not wanting the others to hear what she is about to say, she makes sure her voice is only loud enough for Macsen’s hearing. “I miss them, Macsen. And even worse, I feel responsible. I was unable to help them when they needed me the most. I continued on for selfish reasons, vowing to myself that I would gain more power preventing me from failing anyone close to me again. But now I question if my decision was made in haste. I question if I am truly strong enough to be here. We’ve already lost one. What if it happens again?”

 

The Elf maiden looks to her human friend not knowing what he could possibly say to comfort her. She takes a deep breath, pushing her emotions back down to a tolerable, numb feeling. It was something she was being to get quite good at and she silently regretted letting her emotions show just then in front of Macsen. Until recently, she was always able to find something; usually Telenar and Tarail, to take her mind off her pain; letting her dwell only in her private time. But lately, she has let herself drift away from them. Though they are of her blood, their love of life and everything living isn’t equally shared by the Elf maiden as her inner conflict refuses to let her see much joy left in the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the road again. Dymitri thinks to himself, with

the morning sun slowly trekking ever higher in the sky.

He pulls his cloak a bit closer around him, to fight the morning chill, as he rides close to Kaylie, as they have ridden for the last several weeks. He is amazed at Lanae's mount, a white stag, but then he thinks, It is rather fitting for an Elf I guess.

Dymitri also notices the "conversation" between Lanae and Macsen, but ignores it. I don't know them well enough. , he thinks.

He smiles inwardly looking again at Kaylie. He wonders if she knows, or suspects, his growing feelings for her. They started as allies out of neccessity, and became friends as they traveled. Now, he wonders, could there be more?

Something to pursue, after we complete this task.

The rest of the days ride is filled with idle conversation, and further acquainting/re-acquainting with new comrades and old. ::):

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reg sits at the back of the group, his eyes constantly roving the surrounds. Yet his ears pick up most of the converstions of his comrades, and he feels fiercly protective of them. No more shall die before I, this I vow he thinks to himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stopping only for a moment, Brull sniffs the still morning air for signs of danger. Smelling nothing worthy of his concern, the large half-man glances at the path ahead, then side to side, then finally back at the group as they make their way along the trail. Exhaling deeply, the barbarian's breath rolls slowly from his fang-toothed mouth and quickly condenses in a plume of vapor as it meets the chilly air of the foothills. Nudging his tundra pony to a quick trot, Brull moves himself into position next to Tarail...

 

"Ta-rah-ill, ride point with you Brull will... Master Reg-ee-nald rearguard he appears to have claimed, yes?" rumbles the big orchish barbarian as he looks back toward the monk again.

 

With mountains looming ever present to the West, Brull remains alert and ready refusing to let his mind wander... The sense of being watched hunted slowly eating at his mind. He says nothing to the group though and rides on in silence.

 

Mau-tok le'tan... (The hunter shall become the hunted)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Yer not one o'the ones who don't live. Yer one o'the passers-by. Mebbe y'don't know that yet - but it's there t'see for those that can."

 

Lanae smiles somewhat reassuring to her friend, "I know what you say is true, Macsen. But sometimes it is just hard for me to believe. However, I am still of this world and I know there is a reason for it."

 

She grows quiet for a few moments pondering on a thought then smiling once more to Macsen she says softly, "Thanks."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tarail mounts his horse and takes his accustomed position at the point. Leading the group along the agreed route, he is not surprised when Brull rides up to join him.

 

"Ta-rah-ill, ride point with you Brull will... Master Reg-ee-nald rearguard he appears to have claimed, yes?" rumbles the big orchish barbarian as he looks back toward the monk again.

 

"Welcome you are indeed, my half-human brother!" Tarail replies. "Your keen senses are more than welcome to help keep the rest of the party alerted of any danger before it is alerted of us!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...