Jump to content

The Kingdom of Mordant


Lady Tam
 Share

Recommended Posts

That's what I need to do. Dymitri mentally thumps himself as he sees Brull ride to the front of the column.

He looks at Kaylie and says, " I'll be right back I have to ask Brull a question."

With this he rides forward to meet up with his old friend and Tarail.

"Good Morning gents, how are you this morning?" he inquires.

Then on to the business at hand, "Brull, I have a favor to ask..." he says.

"Would you teach me the Orcish language?" he asks.

"We have run in to many Orcs, and I would like to be able to converse with them if they where willing." he explains, "Or, when we might be under threat."

Dymitri finishes saying, "Think about it and let me know what your decision is, later."

With this Dymitri says, "I'll talk to you both later, have a good day."

He then rides back to where Kaylie is and falls back in to the column.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brull is pulled from his silent worries as Dymitri approaches on horseback. Nodding to his familiar Battle-Brother, the young figther speaks out in greeting.

 

"Good Morning gents, how are you this morning?" he inquires.

Then on to the business at hand, "Brull, I have a favor to ask..." he says.

"Would you teach me the Orcish language?" he asks.

"We have run in to many Orcs, and I would like to be able to converse with them if they where willing." he explains, "Or, when we might be under threat."

Dymitri finishes saying, "Think about it and let me know what your decision is, later."

 

"Yes, my Tu'pkau, teach you Brull will..." says the large barbarian with a friendly snarl, "My lang-u-age, write it Brull can not, and of the Northern mountain tribes is the di-a-lect, but teach you of course Dee-me-tree..." The half-orc pauses and glances back at Justarius for a moment then speaks again to Dymitri, "Jus-tar-ee-us, taught Brull to write some words, but only a few so far..."

 

"Y'wanna talk ter orcs? Use this - "

 

Brull turns and offers the rogue a raspy chuckle and a quick look but nothing more as he looks down briefly at his own heavy crossbow sitting loaded across his lap before turning his attentions back to Dymitri.

 

"I'll talk to you both later, have a good day."

 

"Yes, my Battle-Brother Su' Cernunnos..."

 

After Dymitri leaves Brull turns to Tarail and asks, "On this trail can you de-tect any signs of recent passage?"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reg gladly takes a sip of the spirits. Then hands the flask back.

 

"To the temple in the ruins. Hopefully we can find the next piece of the puzzle. I guess there was one useful thing about Gorin's death. We know that we are getting closer and those enemies of ours are starting to get worried. Maybe we can still slip in un-anounced, but I wouldn't hold my breath." Reg grins at the last statement. "I'd much rather hold that witch-woof's breath."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a little edit.

 

Macsen says to as Dymitri makes his way back down the line "Y'wanna talk ter orcs? Use this - " he hefts his crossbow, and nods at Dymitri's own.

Dymitri smiles back :;): saying, "Yes, this does work well..." patting his crossbow, "but sometimes more subtlety is require to get what you want."

 

"Yes, my Tu'pkau, teach you Brull will..." says the large barbarian with a friendly snarl, "My lang-u-age, write it Brull can not, and of the Northern mountain tribes is the di-a-lect, but teach you of course Dee-me-tree..." The half-orc pauses and glances back at Justarius for a moment then speaks again to Dymitri, "Jus-tar-ee-us, taught Brull to write some words, but only a few so far..."

"Thank you my brother..." Dymitri says, "we can start when you are ready, I am eager to learn."

 

With this Dymitri says, "I'll talk to you both later, have a good day."

He then rides back to where Kaylie is and falls back in to the column.

:B):
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Best to ask our guide." Reg replies then ponders "Infact we should ask her to give us as good a description as possible at tonights camp, so if something happens to seperate us, we can still find our way there. Hold the rear I will be back shortly." Reg nudges his horse into a trot, to catch up with the healer.

 

"Excuse me Kaylie" addressing the healer "could you talk us through what you know of the surrounding lands, and the path to the temple at tonight's camp. Just incase anything happens, we can be prepared to each find our own way there if the need arises."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I can tell you what I remember...though it has been some time since anyone has been there. But we are all told when we come of age….” Looking over at Reg she smiles and says “It will be a test of your martial skills along with you mental…I know this. And in years past evil has come to rest within the ruins of the city proper, the last Warder to visit the city spoke of strange warped creatures rooming the ruins.”

 

The day passes quickly as the group makes it journey. All too soon the shorter days of autumn force the group to start making camp. Once things have been settled and the group is ready, Kaylie addresses them as Reg had requested earlier. “You companion has asked me to ell you all what I know about the area around the city and the temple itself. IT was several years ago when one of the warders made a journey to the city he reported that it was crawling with creatures twisted by mage, Some he thought looked like warped parodies of the noble Griffon, as they bore the look, but none of the grace and beauty of a griffon. But they were horribly intelligent. The temple itself was, at the time still intact and its protections still up…I can’t say if that is true now or not.” And she takes a sigh “Many of the places once thought secure have been broken into of late. But I hope the temple itself is still secure. Staven also reported strange humanoids, like he had never seen before in the ruins, they seemed to have set up for permanent residence…so it is safe to assume they are still there.” And she pauses again as she purses her lips as she thinks. “Is there anything else you would know that I may know?”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The warders gaurd the twisted lands to the north." She answers first. }Perhaps they were...but with out haveing seeen eiother in person I am afraid I can even begin to guess on that. As for Biony...she is a creature of pure evil. It is said one of her parents was a Fea from the Unseelie court....She tends to do things on pure whim at times. " As to his last question she smiles "My connection is to make sure the abyssal drake is not released."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Do you happen to have a map of the city? Even a rough idea of what we face could be of immense value. As the ruins are occupied, a covert approach sounds like our best approach, and a direction away from the main path would be useful. Creatures always seem to guard the roads, and pay less attention to area's they deem safe." Reg asks of Kaylie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Unfortunately no, I do not have a map. The temple lies again the maountins wall on the far side of the city..getting in and out will be...difficult. Since I do not know what repairs these creature may have may not have had ade to the walls...we shall have to wait til we get there I am afriad."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Breaking the long silence he has hel during the last portion of the fellowship's travels, Telenar sighs at the news that no map is available for the treacherous landmark to which they are now headed. His lithe elven hands drift slowly to his rapier's firm hilt as he imagines what could lurk inside of their destination.

 

"Well, if we dont know what we're headed into, we might as well go find out...perhaps we should send in a scout or two to see if they can get any information on the place? Might be useful, ya know..."

 

He gives a little shrug...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tarail listens to the young womans account of their destination with great interest, but lets the others lead the discussion.

 

 

"Well, if we dont know what we're headed into, we might as well go find out...perhaps we should send in a scout or two to see if they can get any information on the place? Might be useful, ya know..."

 

"If that is the will of the group," Tarail chimes in, "I would be happy to volunteer to be a part of the scouting unit."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I as well would be happy to volunteer...perhaps, if the others agree, Tarail and I shall be our...*ahem* expedition group? I may not be so much the woodsman, but I can certainly find my way around in the more, should we say urban areas?"

 

Telenar glances at Reg and the others, looking for input on the idea.

 

"Of course we may need a little more of a plan before we do anything..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I'll volunteer for the scouting party, too." Dymitri says. :;):

He pauses a second looking at Kaylie then addresses the party as a whole saying, "The elders didn't tell me much of this place either, and I'd like a look at it too, before we go in the lion's den, so to speak." :;):

 

"Of course we may need a little more of a plan before we do anything..."
Telenar says.

 

"Your right." he says, then continues, "It will be easier to do that after our first recon around the cities perimeter when we get closer." <_<

"But, we are still on some timetable to get in to the temple, the longer we recon the more chance the bad guys have to figure out how to release the the drake."

:angry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...