Jump to content

The Kingdom of Mordant


Lady Tam
 Share

Recommended Posts

Reg nods at all the suggestions, "Okay, then let's head for the mountains bordering the city, perhaps we can find a spot high enough to observe and defend, then the scouts can plot the best path in for us."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tarail nods in agreement with everyone's plans. "Now that we've decided our course of action, I suggest that we all get some sleep. It's going to be a hard push tomorrow to make any significant progress, especially with mountains at the end of our journey. I'll take first watch so that the rest of you can get a good jump start on your night's sleep."

 

Tarail then gets up from the fire and finds a nice stump to sit on near the border of the camp. He gets out his knife and a small piece of wood from his belt pouch and begins to whittle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Aye, more rest is always welcome here." Telenar says, giving a nod to his comapnion. He takes out a piece of parchemtn and sits down on his folded up bedroll. Dipping a feather pen in a small vial of ink, he begins to write, a dreamy look passing over his crsip eyes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I'll take the last watch if that's okay." Dymitri says.

Then he continues with a smirk, ^_^ "You can take the boy away from the farm, but you can't take the farm away from the boy."

Before bedding down Dymitri approaches Brull and asks, "Do you have time for a lesson, my friend?"

After the lesson, Dymitri beds down near Kaylie. He takes one last look at Kaylie :wub: then ensures the "key" is safe against his chest before drifting off to sleep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once everyone has bedded down for the night and drifted off to sleep, Telenar sets down his writing materials, sharp elven eyes scanning the dark for a moment before turning to his old friend Tarail.

 

"Quite an adventure we've gotten ourselves into, isnt it?"

 

He pauses for a moment.

 

"I wonder how the old scholars doin' back home...?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tarail smiles and lowers his whittling when his friend turns his direction. "I don't know. Hopefully all is well. He can take care of himself pretty well, I just hope that he hasn't gotten himself into trouble."

 

"Maybe one day," he continues, "we'll be able to see him again and repay him for all of the kindness that he's shown to us. That is, if we survive this venture and anything else that may follow it."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Aye..." a dark look clouds over Telenar's eyes.

 

"If it were not for the obvious sincerity of our venture, i would perhaps call this expedition of ours foolhardy...however...I also feel like I ahve a responsibility here...if not merely to record our journeys so that future generatiosn shall hear of our success...or failure, whichever it shall be (only the gods know). I am just afraid that our companions may not know what they walk into. Things such as this are not to be taken in jest...and though good Reg seems to me a more than competant leader, a few of them worry me." he shrugs.

 

After this brief glimpse of Telenar's more serious side, of which he rarely shows to anybody but his closest of friends, he gives a curt chuckle, as if trying to make light of the grim words he had just before uttered.

 

"But perhaps I worry to much, eh?"

 

He looks off into the night, moonlight reflectign in hsi elven eyes.

 

"...But I shall remain watchfull nontheless."

 

And thus the elven rogue is apparently finished with his well-meant ramblings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Perhaps it is the others who do not worry enough, Tel." Tarail utters. "All that I know, is that whatever happens, I have complete trust in the blades of these new friends of ours and that if we stick together, we at least have a small chance of facing down the formidable odds that face us."

 

"Now, chronicler," he adds, "get some rest. Your turn on watch is not far off and I for one don't need to be dragging your sorry butt around tomorrow because you didn't take advantage of sleep time tonight."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Telenar gives his friend a rather amused smirk.

 

"My friend, you have been among the humans too long. You have too far strayed form your elven side, have you not?" he grins..."Surely you must remember that us of the woods do not sleep, merely enter into reverie."

 

"But I shall heed your wise words my friend. But make sure to wake me when my time for watch is up, for I will not have you taking over for me like a certain time I recall...I must say never before that instant have I seen one fall asleep upon his own horse."

 

Giving the ranger hsi infamous wink, he leans up against a nearby tree and thus does he drift deep into elven reverie, waiting for his time for watch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The night passes uneventfully save for strange noises at various times, but nothing more sinister than that. Morning comes cold and cloudy and as the group breaks camp flurries begin to fall from the sky, slow at first then increasing to a,light snowfall by the time You are all moving again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Silently cursing the snow as it is covering most signs and tracks that may have been left recently, Tarail resigns himself to the fact that any new tracks will be easier to find and concentrates harder on trying to find anything of importance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Telenar flits lighty across the snow, snimble elven feet working quickly upon the soft layer of fresh snow that has driften upon them. Keeping an eye out for any signs of trouble, and with one hand keeping a contstant vigilence by the hilt of his rapier, he continues on near the front of the group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The outdoors must be the answer , Dymitri thinks to himself as he gets up for his watch. The regular dreams did not surface, only dreams of Kaylie and their last several weeks together. He feels very refreshed.

 

  The night passes uneventfully save for strange noises at various times, but nothing more sinister than that. Morning comes cold and cloudy

 

As the sun starts to peak over the horizon, Dymitri pulls his archaic chain from its sheathing, and is on his feet starting his morning routines...high mountain falling...snake's coiling tail...boar charging bear...rogue takes the prize, and so on. He practices, his dances, as his father instructed him. Soon a light mist is streaming from his body as he corrects form, and repeats the sequence until the steps are second nature. Must stay sharp, the coming days will most likely be perilous, especially the scouting portion. <_< he thinks to himself as he finishes. He cleans and replaces the chain, and when he is done he begins waking the others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...