Jump to content

The Kingdom of Mordant


Lady Tam
 Share

Recommended Posts

Reg takes up rear guard again. Before getting on his horse, he finds a small bush cuts it down, and ties it behind the horse on a short rope, to try and obscure the parties tracks. Mounting up he pulls his wooly jacket on and puts a wary eye to the whitening landscape.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The group moves off making good time despite the snow. As the noon hour approaches, The Scouts notice that the area they are in seems unnaturally quiet. not event the sound of birds can be heard, only the wind as it moves through the tall grass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brull rides in silence with the group continually watching the surrounding flanks of their chosen path looking for any signs of danger. The cold weather, along with the fresh snow fall are a nice change and assure some welcome relief from the insects and biting flies. Perhaps this is a good omen from Cernunnos himself the young barbarain beast-man thinks to himself. Then Brull too takes notice of something, the silence. Nothing. No birds. No animals. No sounds at all.

 

The hunter becomes the hunted...

 

Tarail's words break his thoughts and confirm Brull's own uneasiness.

 

Tarail looks about uneasily. "Something's not right." He whispers to Brull. "What do your keen senses tell you, my friend? Is danger near?"

 

The large half-orc glances side long at the half-elven ranger, his large flat notrils immediately flare trying to decern any unusal spore upon the air... Puffs of condensation billow from his thick nose holes as a low rumbling growl begins to rise from the back his throat...

 

Whispering in a raspy low voice Brull responds to Tarail as he slowly reaches for his battle-worn double axe, "Alone, I fear we are not Tah-ra-ill. Warn the others we must..."

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Absolutely!" Tarail whispers back, immediately halting his mount and flash the predetermined hand signal back at the others to warn them of possible danger. "You keep a close watch for anything out of the ordinary," he continues. "I'll go back. And be careful my friend!"

 

With that he turns his steed around and canters the short distance back to the main group pulling up when he gets to Reg. "Looks like we've got some sort of trouble." He says quietly upon his arrival. "There's no noises of wildlife and Brull senses that we are not alone. Be on your guard!"

 

Drawing his bow and knocking an arrow, Tarail turns back to face Brull's direction, keen eyes staring intently at the area around the brave half-Orc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Aye friend, quite unnatural." Telenar says, his eyes showing his nervousness. His elven heritage has given him a sort of connection to the land, despite his roguish, city demeanor. "Careful..." he whispers to himself catiously.

 

Drawing his rapier, he keeps it held out laterally inf ront of him, the blade gleaming with the snow that lays like a fluffy marble sheet below. He glances about in the trees, often strayign about the treetops, where any sort of shdow could be lurking in wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Moments before Dymitri sees Tarail moving back to the main group from his forward position, he notices the "silence".

He gives a quick half-smile <_< glance at Kaylie, trying not to show his growing alertness. I've got that feeling again he thinks.

"I'll be right back." he says, moving his crossbow to a ready position on his lap, as he taps his mounts flanks moving up the column.

He arrives to hear Tarail's report to Reg,

"Looks like we've got some sort of trouble." He says quietly upon his arrival. "There's no noises of wildlife and Brull senses that we are not alone. Be on your guard!"

Dymitri nods his acknowledgement unemotionally, but his grim alert eyes show his true feelings :grr: .

He looks at Reg, smiling a bit ^_^ , and unconsciously tapping his crossbow, "Well, sounds like old times, eh?"

Not waiting for an answer he continues, "I'll alert the others."

Turning his mount back down the column.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Being at the front of the group along with the others, Telenar nudges Reg.

 

"Keep some eyes to the sky, could be more of those demon bat things. If so I'd rather we were not taken by surprise." he mutters softly, glancing around, ahnd all the while resting upon the drawn hilt of his rapier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Let's move a bit faster and see if we can find a defensible spot, it must be a sizeable force to quieten such a large area. Keep you weapons ready." Reg puts his feet to his horse's flanks speeding him into a trot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brull sniffs the air once more as the group picks up its pace a bit... The smell on the air is musky and metallic, like copper, but nothing the young barbarian can recognize.

 

Stay on your guard...

 

The half-orc keeps his double axe close at hand, ready to pull from it's saddle sheath if an attack should come.

 

SK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As the group continues west, it isn't too long before buzzards are noticed in the skies above. Circling in that great dance of life and death, as they wait to perform thier given duty. From what those scouting a head can tell, they are over and area to the frint and north of your current path.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tarail picks up his pace again and rejoins Brull just in time for the two to spot the circling buzzards.

 

"Something foul inhabits this land, my friend." He says in a barely audible murmer. "An evil that we must try to vanquish before it can do the same to us."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...