Jump to content

The Kingdom of Mordant


Lady Tam
 Share

Recommended Posts

Watching Reg with a mixture of concern, interest and amusement, Tarail stands back until he is well away from the creature once again and observes the creatures reactions intently.

 

Closing his eyes and appearing to go into a trance-like state, Tarail lets all emotion and tension out of his body. He reopens his eyes and slowly begins to approach the stricken creature with his arms spread out from his sides, palms skyward. He begins cooing to it in the elvish tongue as he nears the poor animal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dymitri stays mounted, alert and ready to defend Reg. :angry:

Then Tarail

  Closing his eyes and appearing to go into a trance-like state, Tarail lets all emotion and tension out of his body. He reopens his eyes and slowly begins to approach the stricken creature with his arms spread out from his sides, palms skyward. He begins cooing to it in the elvish tongue as he nears the poor animal.

He watches intently as the more experienced Ranger attempts to calm the great beast. But, also becomes more alert to the animals response, to Tarail's soothing words and gestures, the closer he gets to the injured beast. I hope you know what your doing. ::(: he thinks to himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The hurt creature hisses as the group draw ever closer, it's eye follow the path of the tossed meat. But it is the cooing of the ranger that draws it attention. turnign it's attention back on him, it cocks it raptorial beak to one side, as if anlayzing the sound. Long minutes seems to tick by as the ranger continues his litany of soothing words and sounds, when suddnely the creature demeanor changes. Dropping it's head it issues a almost pitiful skawk as it turns its pain filled eyes towards Tarial, expecting him to make it's pain go away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stopping his cooing momentarily, Tarail says out of the corner of his mouth, "Quick, someone get me some sort of healing salve or something." He then turns his attention back to the creature, once more making soothing sounds and soft gestures as he tries to assess the extent of its injuries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reg moves to the pack horses slowly, and finds one of the precious vials given to the group. Looking at it and weighing the choices briefly. Reg takes the vial to Tarail and calmly hands him the vial.

 

(* brain foggy.. we do have vials of something don't we? *)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dymitri watches Tarail soothe the beast, and he sees the creatures change of demeanor. Don't drop your guard just yet Dymitri he thinks to himself. He watches both the creature and Tarail, learning from the Ranger and keeping a watchful presence just in case something goes wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brull, unsure of what to make of the wounded creature, stays his ground.

 

Put the wounded beast out of it's misery, it only suffers a slow death.

 

The big half-orc looks to the others for answers, but no one seems certain what to do... Thus, Brull remains mounted and his double axe at the ready. Sniffing the air once more, the young barbarian scans the surroundings for any sign of ambush or threat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carefully setting his pack down, Tarail reaches into it, maintaining eye contact with the hippogriff and continuing with the gentle flow of calming elvish words.

 

Digging around blindly, he finally manages to produce a small bowl and his water-skin. Uncapping the skin, he pours a small amount of water into the bowl, then adds part of the healing draught to it. Inching forward, he places the bowl carefully in front of the young hippogriff and encourages it to drink.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching as the beast is fed the healing draught and hopes this ends well. Rpier held out in case he must come to his friend's rescue, he watches the creatures and the surrounding wilderness with a wary eye.

 

What could have wounded these powerful beasts so?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The creature cocks it's head again as it watches the ranger. It's golden gaze a mixture of curiousity and pain. As Tarail pushed the bowl closer, it looks at it then back up at Tarail. The at the rangers unspoken encouragement it dips it's beak into the mixture of water and healing draught.

 

As Brull sniffs the air, he catches a strange scent, something the seems to be reptillian, and mammal at the same time, and yet has the smell of death and maddeness about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As the large barbarian catches the evil scent upon the air, he slowly draws Rellik' Tnaig his trusted and battle worn double axe and abruptly turns to Reginald. Speaking in quick excited tones, Brull barks out a sharp warning to his trusted friend knowing that others in the group will take heed as well.

 

"Alone we are not Master Reg-ee-nald, warn the others! The beast that wounded this cree-ture... Close it is, it's next quarry we are... Of this I am certain!"

 

The scent of a wyrm, but musky like a warm-blooded creature... What is this beast?

 

The half-orc's heartbeat suddenly quickens and thick clear streams of drool begin to slowly drip through the corners of his fang lined mouth as he anticipates a deadly attack from an unknown beast. The time for battle is very near, he is certain. Like a distant approaching thunderstorm, a powerful rage begins to rumble deep from within Brull's core waiting for the moment of it's release upon any who threaten his companions.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Quick, everyone mount up, that includes you Tarail. We'll need the mobility, and we may need to make a run for it. Form a circle with the packhorses in the middle. I hope the creature will be safe, but we cannot help it if we are dead." Reg moves to the horses, securing their reins, he mounts up and starts scanning for the danger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...