Jump to content

The Kingdom of Mordant


Lady Tam
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tarail breathes a sigh of relief as the beast understands his gestures and begins to drink the healing draught. His relief is short lived though as his attention is drawn away from his charge by the alarm in Brull's voice.

 

Quick, everyone mount up, that includes you Tarail.

 

Tarail nods in silent agreement and sprints to his steed, catapulting into the saddle then drawing his bow and nocking an arrow in one fluid movement.

 

I hope all this sudden activity doesn't startle our new friend into attacking us!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dymitri's crossbow and he are ready, and alert to the alarm just raised. He looks towards Kaylie, (whom we haven't heard from much lately.) to ensure she is safe and moves closer to her proximity, keeping the wounded beast in peripheral view. I wish i had eyes about my head to watch everything. he thinks to himself. :blink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Hippogriphs head swings up and it hisses as it too catches the scent. Its head swinging to the west. The air is quiet, even the sounds on insects has ceased. High above Archie see something moving towards the group. From his height he can tell it as a big a draft horse and appears to be the unholy mating of a black snake and panther! A long reptilian body, the upper torso of a panther. And it is moving towards the group!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brull spots the large creature and growls deeply in warning as he points to the beast's location in the grass as it approaches the group.

 

"THERE IN THE GRASS! COMES FOR US THE BEAST DOES! PREPARE FOR BATTLE MY TU'PKAU!"

 

After his warning shout, Brull pulls his double battle axe from it's saddle sheath and looks to Reginald for orders...

 

"ACT WE MUST MASTER MONK, DEATH SEEKS US OUT!"

 

It is time for the hunter to become the hunted...

 

Brull readies himself as his rage continues to build.

 

Edited by Stern Kestrelmann
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Brull, let's take it from the sides, see if we can give the others time to take it down with missiles. You take the right, I'll take the left. Everyone else aim for it's face, maybe we'll get lucky. Let's go" Reg shouts spurring his horse towards the monstrosity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Brull, let's take it from the sides, see if we can give the others time to take it down with missiles. You take the right, I'll take the left. Everyone else aim for it's face, maybe we'll get lucky. Let's go"

 

Brull snarls in response to Reginald's orders, "HEM-TA'JUL!", and spurs his own mount into action racing toward the strange beast's right in an attempt to flank it.

 

Brull raises his double axe over his head and charges. In this moment, the half-orc barbarian's mind finally surrenders to the Rage. As it takes over, a beast-like predator is released once more. Now, more orc than man, Brull barks out an ancient battle cry in the thick guttural language of the orcish people.

 

"D'NJAR-TLA-FU'JA! D'NJAR-TLA-FU'JA! D'NJAR-TLA-FU'JA! D'NJAR-TLA-FU'JA!"

 

Those among the group who speak orc, know the battle cry well... DEATH TO THE ENEMY!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Half slithering half crawling, the creature come into sight. As large as a draft horse, it size doesn't seem to hinder it seepd, as it moves with all the swiftness of a viper! Seeing the group gathered about it's prey, it amits a howling sound as it chrages forward. It shiny black scale glint in the fall sunlight, and sharp fangs promise death.

 

(post you actions as it seemed you were all waiting for it to get into range. It's in range now kiddies...have fun!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As he nears bow range, Tarail releases the reigns and steers the horse with pressure from his legs. Releasing all tension from his upper body and thoughts, he enters a trance-like state focusing only on the creature.

 

In one smooth action, the ranger swiftly draws back an arrow and lets it fly at the beasts head, firing a second shot at the same location almost the instant that the first leaves his bow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As Brull's mount reaches full speed, the raging barbarian pulls into position next to the advancing snake-like beast. Then moving quickly to a crouching position on his saddle, Brull waits until he's close enough before he jumps, launching himself from his mount, double axe raised, and on to the creature's scaly back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...