Jump to content

The Kingdom of Mordant


Lady Tam
 Share

Recommended Posts

In the insuing chaos prior to the battle, Dymitri moves to a position directly in the path of the new threat and the injured hippogriff. He quickly checks Kaylie's position, and readies his crossbow to fire.

He watches from his position as Tarail, Brull and Reg advance across the field of low scrub. Brull and Reg taking, what looks like flanking positions, attacking from right and left. Macsen holds his position, crossbow at the ready and it looks as if Lanae is gathering energy to cast a spell. We are ready...bring it on. He thinks to himself.

Tarail sees it first loosing a volley of arrows at the beast, then it breaks in to the clearing, serpentine body of a snake and the fore parts of a panther. Dymitri looks at the new threat, and thinks What kind of abomination is this???

Macsen fires first, followed closely by Dymitri's own bolt gotta get another bolt off he thinks as he reloads.

This looks like it's gonna be bad. ::(:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the group moves into combat, Archie lets loose with a volley of magic missiles that strike with uncanny accuracy. Those with ranged weapons are able to get their missiles off. All three hit their target unerringly, causing the strange creature to howl in pain! Brull spurs his hardy pony forward and leaps from the saddle, swinging his might axe, it hit the creature’s tough hide sending scales flying. With a speed that belies it size it whirls and makes a swipe at the barbarian, raking nasty claws across Brulls chest, leaving a wound the burns like fire! Reg’s attack also scores a hit, on one of the creature front limbs. Lanea using her magic cause a ball of fire to appear, that hisses as it rolls across the damp snow covered grass, the ball move at her direction. It rolls up and into the creature causing it to screech in pain once more.

 

From the path behind the creature a hooded and cloaked figure rides up,Jumping off his mounth, the stranger draws on a long bow in hand with arrow knocked…It send said arrow flying unerringly into the creature, harrying it from behind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pain! Burning! Must crush... This... Beast...

 

Brull, slowed momentarily by the beast's slashing attack to his chest, bellows another snarling war cry and presses another attack of his own. Using his legs to hold himself firmly a top the creatures's back, Brull swings is double axe downward in a powerful raging strike.

 

"<orc>FEEL MY FURY!</orc>"

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is he doing?! Dymitri thinks to himself as he sees Brull launch himself from his saddle on to the beast, delivering a savage attack with his double axe. Dymitri sees the creature react to the attack almost eviscirating Brull, who barely keeps his footing on the beasts back.

Gotta stop this quick, before someone gets killed as he yells over the sounds of battle, "Take it down quick people!!!"

Dymitri watches Macsen send another bolt towards the beast as Lanae's "rolling fire ball" scaulds it. His crossbow loaded once again, Dymitri, brings the creature in to his sights, aiming at the thing's head, he takes a breath, calming himself Aim small, hit small father always said, lets finish this. he thinks, and whispering for a blessing from the Furies, to guide his bolt true, Dymitri fires. :grr:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archie makes a daring attack, but his tail stinger is unable to penetrate the beast think hide. Even as he swoops up and away another volley of missiles flies in! A few hit while others bounce off, but they are enough to cause the beast the once again yowl in pain. Brulls furious attack hits, but the young barbarian feel a weakness in his arms that wasn’t there before, even as he watches a chunk of the creature go flying!. Reg, ducking and moving fast scores another hit, but as he does so the creature serpentine tail crashes into him and sends him flying backwards. Lanea’s keeps moving her ball of fire , trying to keep it on the creature yet away from the group, causing the smell of more burnt flesh to rise. From her vantage kaylie, smiles grimly as she sends eldritch missiles of her own at the creature, nodding in satisfaction when they strike true.

 

(Brull has four points of dam {from previous attack} and your Str is down 2 pts from the poison. Reg took 6 pts dam from the tail.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing the frontly assault in much trouble, Tarail again spurs his mount forward, slinging his bow and drawing his sword in preparation for the attack. He knows that this could be the end for him, but he raises his battle cry as he charges, trying to distract the beasts attention away from his wounded comrades.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still in the grip of his barbaric Rage, Brull ignores the tingling sensation in his arms and the weakness his lowerback. The half-orc berserker fights on with a single purpose in mind... Kill. Slashing once more, Brull attempts to hack at the already exposed section of the beast's scaly hide as he cries out another snarling battle taunt.

 

"<orc> BOW DOWN TO MY SAVAGE POWER BEAST! DEATH TO YOU!</orc>"

 

SK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing his bolt deflect off the creature's scaly head Dymitri thinks, OK, that didn't work. as he reloads for another volley.

He moves his mount closer to the battle, smelling the charred flesh of the beast, caused by Lanae's "fire ball", as he moves. Arch comes from out of the steel grey sky and attacks with his tail stinger, hissing at the beast as he passes. And, Kaylie unleashes a volley of magic missles which strike the beast with unerring accuracy.

As Brull and Reg attack the beast visciously, Reg takes a hit from the beasts thrashing tail. He hits the ground, but is up in a snap looking for his next opening.

Then he sees Brull pause for just the slightest moment This can't be good, I guess it's time to get up close and personal. he thinks.

Seeing Tarail wheel his mount about and draw his sword for a horse charge, Dymitri hooks his crossbow across his saddle horn, and slides from his saddle, unsheathing the archaic chain at his side. He feels the weight of it in his hands and begins to spin it. The familiar drone of angry bees comes to mind as he begins to "dance". Then seeing an opening he rushes the beast yelling, "DIE BEAST UNDER THE ONSLAUGHT OF THE FURIES' STORM!!!" :grr:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...