The Kingdom of Mordant

Lady Tam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As Tarail starts to once again crron at the young Hippogriff, it stops his murderous attack on the monsters corpse. The pupil's of it's eyes, enlarge and contract as it cock's its head in his direction. Giving a strange "churping" noise, it jumps and makes a clumsy landing next to the dead creature. Then walking towards the Ranger, it's head held low and out stretched as it approaches him catiously.

Brull nods in silent appreciation to Reginald as the powerful monk helps move him away from the body of the fallen beast. Then allowing Kaylie to approach, the young half-orc feels the healing powers wash over him as the magical liquid circulates through his damaged body. Immediately, the numbness in his hands and lower back lessen and the wound on his torso closes leaving only a thick purple scar. However. his armor is not so fortunate as a portion of his studded leather hangs in tatters. Brull slowly pulls himself into a sitting position and flexes his large fists, first the right then the left, as sensation continues to rapidly return to his limbs.

"Thank you Kay-lee, fee-ling much better Brull is...", rumbles the barbarian in a raspy voice.

Then turning to Reginald, Brull speaks again his tone low and steady, "Victorious we are once more Master Reg-ee-nald... But a new-comer amongst us there is." The large half-orc glances curiously Dev, then back once more to Reginald, "<orc>Who is he?</orc>"

As the beast takes the additional damage from Arch, and the enraged hippogriff, Dymitri sees the life drain from the thing. As it begins to fall he scampers side ways executing some quick tumbling manuvears to avoid being pinned under the beast.

Once clear he assesses the damages as the Tarail begins, once again to soothe the young hippogriff from it's battle-lust.

Scanning the group, as Kaylie tends to Brull, Dymitri notices a new face. Shaking the blood and gore from his hands, he moves over to the newcomer, and offers his semi-clean hand in friendship saying, "Thank you, friend for your timely assistance, tell me, what is your name." :rock:

"Devon Nuilo, Ranger of Eilistraee" He replies happily as he pulls his hood back and allows the light to play on the contrast between his stark white hair and ebon skin. "I assisted because you appeared to need it and it is what my Goddess asks of me." He holds his hand out to Dymitri tentivly, not certain if he would still want to shake the Drows hand.

Even though Dev had refused to learn the orcish tongue (he found the idea akin to coughing up a live kitten) he was fairly certain he knew the gist of the double axe wielding brute's statement. "How did I get here? I was born here. My mother is a dedicant of Eilistraee and my father is a soldier who followed her from the Underdark and into the light. Not a bad pedigree if I do say so myself." He continues smiling, he had long ago grown accustomed to this reaction from travelers, it had become something of an amusement.

"Statistically speaking, you are correct. Not many of my race care for the Dark Maiden, but my parents taught me a certain appreciation for the Drow pantheon. Eilistraee was my choice." He finally drops his hand back by his side. "As for becoming a ranger, thats simple, like her mother Eilistraee seems to favor females as clergy and the forests are my home. Ranger was the logical choice."

"Yes, well wonders never cease." replies Reg with a grin.

"So Devon what brings you to this sorry neck of the woods? And where do you go from here?" Asks Reg eyeing both the bird creature and the dark elf with some wary amusement.

Mistrust and prejudice is like a venom, poisoning the mind and burdening the soul.

Brull relaxes a bit at Devon's response, but the scowl never leaves his orcish face.

Lead us to your Dark Hoardes as slaves or slaugther us in an ambush... Which will it be black elf?

Bowing slightly Brull speaks, "Proven yourself a honorable warrior you have Dee-von... Speak for you do your actions, but understand you must Dark One... Any sign of trea-chery and kill you without question Brull will..."

Having voiced his concerns, the half-orc barbarian lowers his axe and backs away from Devon never taking his yellow eyes from the dark elf ranger.

Then leaning toward Reginald Brull whispers in a rumbling voice, "<orc>Trust him I do not master Reg-ee-nald, watch him closely Brull will</orc>..."

Finally, Brull moves toward his mount checking supplies and watching as Tarail interacts with the strange bird-like creature know as a Hippogriff.

"Travel with us", gesturing to the Hippogriff, "will he Master Tarail?"