Jump to content

The Kingdom of Mordant


Lady Tam
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dymitri...IS...taken aback as Devon reveals his true heritage. But, not as much as Brull, or Macsen. His hand wavers just a bit, at Brull's growl, and he thinks to himself, Are all the stories wrong about Drow? I have seen much since I started adventuring, and my father told me I'd have days like this. So, until proven differently I will keep an open mind. . Then he shakes the dark elf's hand heatily saying, "Well, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintence Devon, and thank you for your help." :upside:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dev automatically decides to ignore the ungrateful simpletons sunshine remark in favor of later redress. At least the Half-Orc was taking the situation seriously, that made him the preferable of the two by far. In the Drows estimation ignorance was forgivable, stupidity was not.

 

He turns to the one questioning him. "A bit of wanderlust mostly and service to my goddess when the oppurtunity presents itself. As for a destination, I have largely been leaving that to fate and the winds." He takes Dymitri's hand and shakes firmly. "You are welcome. Very."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I don't really know off hand, me and the horse have been wandering pretty aimlessly for at least a tenday. Until that creature showed up I was planning on shadowing your party from a distance until you went somewhere I've already been. You would have likely never been burdoned with the knowledge of my presence." He looks at the dead monster again. "Alas for the responcibilities of the faithful." His voice indicating he didn't mind the situation much at all. "What about you and yours? Do you have a destination?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reg looks askance and somewhat angrily at Devon.

 

"Yes we do have a destination. However I'm little likely to trust someone who has just informed me they were going to follow me on the off chance of something interesting happening. Sounds more like a thief than anything else and well I've heard tales of dark elves sacrificing minions to gain other creatures trust. " Reg doesn't elaborate further, waiting on the elf's next move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"First of all, if I were a thief I would have stayed in the shadows and either taken anything I wanted from your corpses or struck at night when the majority of your party would have found itself at a tremendous disadvantage." He maintains a serious look as he speaks. "Second, a Drow of a evil nature would value that monster over there far more than your entire groups undying loyalties. Lastly, as I understand these things, curiosity concerning the destination of a well armed group of warriors is neither malicious in nature nor illegal in the least." He smiles honestly for a moment. "I will spare everyone a discussion about the content of ones soul having no bearing on the color of ones skin."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Did I say anything about the colour of your skin? Well I guess I did a little bit. However I was more going by your actions and as we have encountered many enemies lately, having someone trailing us for the fun of it makes me suspicious and nervous." Replies Reg, not thrown in the least by this strange Drow's attitude.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Your doubts carry weight, I won't argue that." The look in his eyes shifts from admittance to curiosity. "But I wonder, what made you trust the Half-Orc? Have I not heard stories of his kin that surpass even my race's for shear ferocity and barberism?" Looking to Macsen. "I ask that you judge me by my actions, good or bad, not by stories told around campfires." Turning back to Reg Dev notices the female elf. He nods a greeting towards her and continues speaking to Reg. "I avoided introducing myself for the three hours before this moment that I was aware of you because as we can see my presence tends to make the fairer races somewhat........ uncomfortable."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nodding at Macsens words Reg continues.

 

"Brull is trusted. He may be half human and half orc, but he is all noble warrior. We were brought together by people we trust, that trust transfers." Replies Reg a stern undercurrent in his voice.

 

"As for judging you by your actions, good or bad. I personally always do that for everyone. However, I wonder why we will be required to. I don't see any reason we cannot go our seperate ways from here and no real reasons not to."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brull listens intently to the exchange letting those who have mastered the use of language and natural charisma express themselves.

 

Then, as Reginald finishes, Brull moves once more to the monk's side... "Yes", Brull rumbles his voice low and raspy, "the Gods brought us (gentures toward the group) to-get-her they did and Brull has found a place among these, hu-mans and elves... Brull earned the trust of this group he has... "But, but...", the big half-orc stumbles on his words, "it is Brull who has come to trust more so than ever before... Welcome to fight at my side you are Dee-von... And learn to trust us in the coming weeks perhaps you will."

 

Brull extends his thick leather wrapped forearm to the lithe dark elf ranger in a small gesture of goodwill.

 

Cernunnos, the Great Horned Hunter, guide us. And may this dark elf stranger be another of your glorious gifts to help guide us on our journey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tarail gets the hippogriff calmed down sufficiently and gnawing on a large piece of jerky, then turns his attention to the confrontation with the Dark Elf.

 

"As for judging you by your actions, good or bad. I personally always do that for everyone. However, I wonder why we will be required to. I don't see any reason we cannot go our seperate ways from here and no real reasons not to."

 

"Let us not forget, friends, that much like this hippogriff here the Dark Elf did assist us unasked in our battle with this foul creature that lies dead before us." Tarail interjects quietly. "I too know what it is like to be shunned because of your heritage, yet you all have given me a chance and treated me as an equal. Why not at least extend the courtesy to this one until he gives us sufficient reason to doubt him. He makes a good point about Brull's people, yet I for one consider Brull to be like a brother; sharing in my half-human heritage. Can we not find any room in our hearts to extend a branch of trust to this one who claims to be our ally? We certainly need all of the assistance that we can get against the foul witch that attempts to thwart our quest."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Drow grasps the hand of the Half-Orc and shakes as firmly as he can manage given that his hand is barely half the size of the warriors. He couldn't quite decide whether or not he should be uncomfortable with the fact that his favorite person so far was the half-blood.

 

"I see things the other way around, many reasons to travel together and none not to. If it means anything I already trust most of you more than my own ancestors." He smiles again hoping his humor will lighten things up some. "A witch you say. Sounds like you make enemies befitting of your allies. Powerful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Hippogriff, finish up on the chunk of meat tarail had given it, moves in closer to the ranger,ducking it's head and rubbing it against the Ranger, making small chirupping sounds as it 'scratches' it's head. Kaylie makes the rounds to check the rest over, listens to the conversation. While she moves about she simply says "Good done is good, no matter whose name it is done in. And now...if we are ready...we should burn that..' and she indicates the strange creature "Least the fell magic that spawned it further contaminates the land."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...