Jump to content

The Kingdom of Mordant


Lady Tam
 Share

Recommended Posts

"Brull is trusted. He may be half human and half orc, but he is all noble warrior. We were brought together by people we trust, that trust transfers." Replies Reg a stern undercurrent in his voice.

 

Dymitri giggles a bit at this statement, and interjects, "Reg, if I remember correctly upon our first meeting with our honored p'tkau here," smiling and slapping Brull on his massive shoulder, "we where fighting with some Kobolds and I nearly put a cloth-yard shaft in to his chest."

 

He looks down and kicks the dirt, then continues, "Fortunate for all of us I missed and since that initial meeting, through his deeds, we have all found a true friend and comrade-in-arms in Brull."

 

Dymitri smiles once again at his friend, settinig the record straight.

 

Then he looks the Drow in the eyes, saying, "Devon you are welcome to join our troupe, as far as I'm concerned."

 

Then he turns to the others, continuing, "Now someone make a decision on what to do next and let's get back to it." ::D:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dymitri giggles a bit at this statement, and interjects, "Reg, if I remember correctly upon our first meeting with our honored p'tkau here," smiling and slapping Brull on his massive shoulder, "we where fighting with some Kobolds and I nearly put a cloth-yard shaft in to his chest."

 

In response, Brull issues a rare chuckling growl and returns the friendly slap as Dymitri recounts their first meeting..."And Brull thought Master Arch-ee-bald a god!"

 

He looks down and kicks the dirt, then continues, "Fortunate for all of us I missed and since that initial meeting, through his deeds, we have all found a true friend and comrade-in-arms in Brull."

 

"Yes, my Te'pkeu (trusted friend) For-tu-nate in-deed", Brull rumbles, his voice low but always reassuring, "and Brull is honored to fight at your side Dee-me-tree..."

 

Finally, Brull turns to Kaylie... "Yes, burn the foul beast we should Mistress Kaylie..." With that, the large half-orc sets down his massive double axe and moves toward the carcass. Once there he begins determining how much wood it will take to set the dead creature a blaze.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Sigh, another stray" mutters Reg under his breath.

"Well, it seems you are coming with us after all" says Reg a wry grin plastered on his face.

 

"Seems like a good idea Kaylie. Brull you keep watch, everyone else let's go get some firewood." So saying Reg starts gathering dead wood and piling it on the corpses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tarail's attention is drawn back to the hippogriff as he is nearly bowled over by it's slightly over-exuberant nuge. "Easy there, young fella." He murmers soothingly, scratching its forehead. He then hollows out a shallow dish in the ground and places a supple square of oiled leather into it forming a crude bowl. Into this, he pours some more water from his water skin and encourages the young hippogriff to drink some more, knowing that it must be even more dehydrated now than it was before the battle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kaylie chuckles to herself. “When it comes to magic and magical creatures I make it a point to make sure they are totally destroyed when defeated. “ As she goes about helping gather the wood.

 

 

The hippogriff bends its head down and drinks noisily from the impromptu bowl that Terail makes.

 

Before long there is enough brush gathered to light a fire and burn the corpse. And soon, a roaring fire is built and starts to consume the creature. The young Hippogriff starts a bit, but seems reluctant to leave the security of its “new family” placing Terail between itself and the rather large fire. Kaylie watches the fire, her eyes intent and thoughtful as the flames dispose of the strange creature

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Devon grins. "Perhaps if it is still warm on the return trip." He turns and, taking a few steps towards the woods, whistles. He waits as his horse trots up, a brown stud built short and muscular not unlike its master. "As much as I enjoy these exciting fights I must agree, the smoke will drive away some creatures but attract much worse."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Since it's so young, I don't think that it would be too good of an idea." Tarail responds pensively. "Also, let's not forget that this is a wild beast. It may have taken a liking to us, but let's not push our luck. Besides we have our good friend Archie the Pie-lover to take care of any aerial reconnoitering that we may need."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Okay then. Let's move away from here and setup camp about 2 miles further along. That should be far enough away from this stench." Replies Reg noticing for the first time the horrid smell arising from the destroyed creatures. "Then we can aprise Devon of our mission." Reg spurs his horse away from the scene.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

<_< Dymitri helps gather the fire wood for the pyre, then listens to all the suggestions about staying or leaving, waiting for someone to make a decision.

Then as the decision to move away from the pyre is made he makes his final preparations and saddles up to continue the journey that he and Kaylie started months ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As he finishes his assigned patrol of the post-battle scene, Brull sniffs the air again trying to detect any signs of danger. The foul black smoke, however, is all the young half-orc can decern. Then he re-checks the thick barbed bolt he loaded earlier into his heavy crossbow making sure it is ready in case of a sudden attack. Rellik' Tnaig, his trusted double great axe, rests secure in it's saddle sheath only an arm's length away. Thick black smoke continues to rise into to the crisp cloudless sky as the body of the giant beast is consumed by the hot flames. The stench is that of death and evil.

 

The young barbarian, turns to Reginald, then Dymitri, nodding sternly at the two men as they prepare to depart.

 

"Yes, get moving we should", Brull rumbles as he too spurs his tundra pony into a gallop.

 

Brull glances back a final time at the remaining companions, "J'lan su' p'keup!", he shouts. (We need to go my friends!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The group mounts back up and moves off. The young Hippogriph tagging along, seeming content to follow. Terail’s horse is less than enthused as the creature seems to want to stay close to Terail. The rolling hills make travel easy and soon the group fins a nice defensible clump of trees, along a small shallow stream. The air is cooling fast as evening approaches, carrying the promise of more snow again soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tarail spends most of the ride trying to calm his mount and get it used to the hippogriff that is following so closely. Once camp is set up, he decides to take a walk through the trees and see if he can encourage the young hippogriff to hunt for itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...