Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Tam

The Kingdom of Mordant

Recommended Posts

During the conversation, Archibald is staying silent, out of sight, at which others may have noticed he is quite good.

 

At Regie's question, Archi projects into the man's mind, very faintly, as though it was the man's own thought, "better tell him, he deserves to know..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anden does his best to look reassuring AND official... in order to reinforce the sense of reassurance. He will try to engage the caravanners in conversation and extract useful information from them (gently) if he can; otherwise he will just try to, well.... reassure these poor folk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brull's watch with Anden goes smoothly.  The half-orc, reluctant at first to small talk, eventually shares a few stories with the paladin.  The young half-breed tells him of his isolation and being raised by a hermit witch named Henka in small grove just east of Dhurla's Pass.  Though his common tounge is poor, this is the most he has spoken to anyone since he can remember.

 

As dawn approaches Brull prepares his mount and secures his packs for the journey.  

 

Brull will travel with the group as planned, often ranging out to either flank watching for any signs of approaching danger.

 

As the cart of travelers approaches, Brull looks to Anden for reassurance, but says nothing.

 

More humans... My presence in this group may threaten Arc-hee-bald and the other's saftey. Oh, mighty Cernunnos for why do you test me so...  What is my purpose? What messages does Arc-hee-bald have for me?  So far from my grove am I...

 

Brull slowly advances his mount next to Balus, "The traveler's, warn them we must of the beastling war parties..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the third watch...

 Dymitri's sleep is peaceful and enjoyable.  His dreams are pleasant and exciting, the moon playing off the cool rushing water of the stream, Kita silhouetted by the moon, the water playing on her nut brown skin, and...his dream is interrupted as he is shaken awake.  Someone whispers, "Dymitri, get up." prods the unknown waker.

 "Okay, okay, I'm up." he mumbles.

 He smiles to himself, If only I could act right around her, what the posibilities.  He gets himself up, and stumbles to a tree out of view of the camp, not seeing who is on watch with him.

 As he straightens himself up, coming back in to the camp area, he stops dead cold, just now seeing Kita sitting there :oh: :oops: .  He swallows hard, smiles nervously and says, "Hi..." :blush:

  Here's your chance, boy.  Don't muck it up! says the little voice in his head, sarcastically, as he searches for something to say...(ooc: What will happen next??? Stay tuned to fnd out.)

 

the ride...

 During the day Dymitri stays awake and alert, after a fit night's sleep and an interesting watch (ooc: we'll see, huh?).  Bow ready and a watchful eye.

 When the dust appears on the horizon he tenses a bit, steeling himself for what might be ahead.  But as it gets closer he can make out the wagons and oxen, the people and the other riders.  As the group moves closer

one of the riders moves ahead and calls out a greeting “Well met fellow travelers! What news do you bring from the south?”

 Being in the rear of the party, Dymitri, has no choice but to hold his position, so making the best of it he keeps a watchful eye, If I can't be up front, I'll do what I have to to ensure our safety.  I'll not be surprised, again if I can help it.  :angry:   with this thought he stops a short distance away from the gathering to take in as much of the view as he can.

  I hope Reg or Anden give these good people a warning about the Kobold raiding parties.  :glare:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kita is woke up for third watch, so she will slowly pull herself up to that awake state.  She yawns a bit, checks on Connor, who is up to hunting bugs again.  She then checks everyone, to make sure no snakes and the like are now bed partners.

 

She will then take up a spot on the log by the camp, and invites Dymitri over to join her.

"So, did you sleep well friend?"

 

Dymitri looks a bit miffed. caught with my pants down again, so to speak. he thinks, quickly adjusting himself.

As he moves to the log he says, "Y-y-yes I slept well, thank you."    

 What a kid I am wincing as his voice cracks just a bit.

"And, you?", he asks.

The small talk continues through the watch, and Dymitri finds himself very at ease with Kita now.  Then after a short silence Dymitri looks Kita in the eyes and says, "I'm new to this you know?"  stating the obvious as he looks up from his hands.

"I've always wanted to do this."  he smiles.

"Adventuring...but, I have the feeling that I just don't seem to fit in."  He smiles nervously.  

"You all..." gesturing to the others, "seem so experienced, and I, well I just feel like a bumpkin."

"Do you ever have that feeling, Kita?  The feeling of, where do I fit in?"  he awaits her answer.

 

 

Kita-"Well, in all honesty, this is all very new to me.  I was forced to leave all that I know to do gods know what.  And I have never been around humans before....I am very young.  I seem to be very out of place at times, you all are so different."

She sighs, then pulls out a little charm her mother had given her.  "For most wood elves, they mainly stay to themselves...I'm not sure why, but I do not.  I am more curious of others than most of my kind care for.  So, in a way, we are both new to this....maybe we can become friends and become something greater than either of our races can do separately."  She smiles at him, full of hope in the future.

 

So, I am not the only one.  Dymitri smiles.  "Friends," he says smiling broadly, "is a fine place to start."

 It is the best way to foundation anything further, also. He thinks, looking deeply in to Kita's beautiful green eyes.  Then as if he where a knight of old, Dymitri, kneels before Kita, takes her hand, again looking in to her eyes, and says, "Lady...I give this pledge and my word, I will do anything in my power to protect and guard you during this journey, and wherever fate may lead us."  

He then bows his head, In body, mind and soul I am in your service. , he silently vows, bringing her hand to his forehead, and then to his lips, kissing her hand gently, and then replacing it from whence it came.  Looking up again, in to those beautiful green eyes.  

 

Kita looks a bit flushed, "Yes, thanks....not so formal.  I got away from all that by coming here...hehehe.  Anyways, we are friends now, I will also do my best to help out to the best of my ability.  But I am not....oh, nevermind.  I do not want to trouble you.  But maybe you would understand, being that you are a fighter...no, I must not bother you with a silly girls worries"

She looks at the fire, a bit red in the face.

 

Dymitri- I made her blush...I MADE HER BLUSH...YES!!!!  He thinks to himself, trying to keep his demeanor calm.

"What?" he asks.

"We are friends, right?" he inquires.

"Tell me, anything I can do for you, anything I can help you with, I will." he says.

"You are a woman, so share your "little girl worries" with me, and maybe I can help."  he continues.

 Gods, I hope I don't sound too overbearing, or pushy. he wonders, reigning in his questions.

 

She smirks, back to feeling normal again....sigh.  "It is unimportant, just the silly ramblings of a young elf.  Anyways, we must keep eyes and ears open....We don't want the kobolds causing problems again."

 

With that, other than small talk, she is mainly going over her prayers to The Leaflord at this point, in meditation and ritual.

 

 

When the human refugee's show up, she will remain quiet, but keep a eye on lookout to make sure there are no more kobolds around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balus looks up at Kita, who sits on his horse. "Kita." he says quietly. "Can you tell the state of their beast? Has it been maltreated in anyway?"

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucius sets about cleaning his ancient heirloom after the battle. He is silent all through the night and into the next day, replying in neither action nor word to anything around him. He looks down at  his once white clothes, which now have a healthy mix of brown and red on them. Trying his best to look like he thinks a successful general may look after a brilliant campaign, though his true feelings towards this gore are obvious.

Is this much better than what I've left behind? Would I be happier courting women who'ld marry me for nothing but my money and kill just as not if I run out of looks or use... Hunting with 'the real men'--HA! how many of them have seen violence like this?  Sure, they may talk of the great campaigns and battles they've fought in though more likely seen from a silk tent..-- Is this so much better? A stiff back and sore thighs... not the good kind of sore thighs either... Lucius gives himself a slight smile at this. Dirty clothes and dirtier actions. Is this truly what legends are made of? And what of Marcin? Will I ever see my Morning Sun again? I swear; If any one has harmed you Marcin, I shall send them to hel, even if I must go as well.

 

Lucius is shaken out of his thoughts by the aproaching caravan. He follows Anden's lead and looks nice and charismatic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
“Heading to Dhurla’s Pass are you. On the King’s behest?” He pauses “ The only trouble in Dhurla these days is a plague. Over half the town is sick, dying or dead. These good folk,” he nods his head towards the wagons “are leaving before they catch it. They have already lost loved ones and decided to leave before they lost anyone else.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reg fights the urge to step back when he hears the word plague.

 

"A plague is it, not to be rude but how do you know you and your people are not infected? Could you describe the symptoms we have healer with us who might be able to help? Also when did this plague start? It seems to coincide with an increase in kobold attacks, we left seven dead behind us, and one of our number reports more on the way, so you'd best keep your weapons close."

 

Reg pauses trying to think his way through the situation. "Our group will head out into the field when you pass, just to be on the safe side."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Reg finishes his speech, Lucius rides to Anden's side. "I've heard rumors... of palidins. Look how fearful these people are; we can't just leave them here." Lucius whispers.

"And what if the kobolds ambush them? Do you really think they'ld stand a chance without help? I mean, we've people who know their way around a blade if you know what I mean. These peasants might have one or two warriors, but they've also got children and elderly as well." Lucius continues in low tones.

"Even if you don't do anything, your presance would be more than welcomed." Pretty noble for a noble ??? .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balus looks up at Kita, who sits on his horse. "Kita." he says quietly. "Can you tell the state of their beast? Has it been maltreated in anyway?"

 

"From here, their horses look fine, just tired like there human companions."  She turns a worried face to him.."But if it is true of what they say, the plauge will have tainted them.  Maybe if I can find out the symptoms, I can help them rid themselves of the taint."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brull shifts his weight nervously in his saddle.  He looks at the sword wielding wizard, waiting for a response, but gets nothing from the man.

 

My orc blood disturbs this one... So be it wizard.

 

Brull moves his horse slowly away from Balus, looking back at him once with a scowl.

 

Brull rides to the left flank of the group and begins looking for Archie while he listens to Reg's exchange with the travelers.

 

Plague, sickness?  I must find Master Arc-hee-bald and warn him of this danger...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With great care and respect to the villagers, and keeping her distance, she will guide Balus's horse to be next to Reg.  She peers through the crowd, seeing if any look ill.

"I am a healer, and know of many herbal cures.  Please let us offer you escort to a safe camp site, then I will help to the best of my ability to make sure there is no disease among you".  With that, she bows on the horse, with the upmost respect to those in charge.

 

(OOC. Sorry all, i'm such a newbie  :blush: )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...