Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Tam

The Kingdom of Mordant

Recommended Posts

Kita looks at her horse, pattin its neck in affection.  "For elves in general, they seem to be stuck in a book... Or at least that is what my fatner told me.  But I am a wild elf, we value knowledge, but we don't live in the past like most of our kind."  She looks back towards her homeland, sighing.

"My people travel alot, so our homes are portable tents, mostly camoflaged to protect us, being that we dwell so close to the cursed lands."  

 

"Makes for a very serious upbringing, I suppose, but we value the time more , and the company of other's too."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balus nods to Kita. "Should the opportunity arrise, I would love to visit your people." Balus pauses a moment. "Actually, you're the first of the Shining Host I've ever met."

 

Mookie perks her ear up, looking over at Kita. One could swear the cat rolled her eyes before streaching out to enjoy the sun.

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucius sits rather uncomfortabley in his sadle. I wish we could be off these acursed beasts. Weres a good boat when you need one? No, I've left my past behind. Its time to move on, to be a hero...a legend.

 

For the remainder of the day, Lucius will play his harp. He will be reciting several dwarven marching songs, rather roughly since he knows only a handful of the dwarven language.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balus nods to Kita. "Should the opportunity arrise, I would love to visit your people." Balus pauses a moment. "Actually, you're the first of the Shining Host I've ever met."
Kita looks a bit uncomfortable at that, but she takes a few seconds to gather the right answer.  "Well, to be honest, my people are loners.  When our elder first saw signs of trouble here, nobody wanted to go.  They all had important roles to do, or were too necessary for the whole collony to leave.  I was the only one to volunteer."  She smiles in appology, "To be honest, I have been wanting to forge my own path for some time, but I only have just passed my first century.  I am no better than a child to them...."

She goes back to scanning the forest line... a red flush to her cheeks as she tryes to control the years of memorys flooding her.

For the remainder of the day, Lucius will play his harp. He will be reciting several dwarven marching songs, rather roughly since he knows only a handful of the dwarven language.

 

At that, she laughs a bit smiling again, looking at Lucius.  "More...but something lite, please."  She will hum with him, a bit off tune at times, but she tries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aramil glances over at Kita taking in her every word, Knowing deep down she is right about their race.  If only he had a relationship with his father.  Maybe he would have chosen a more appropriate lifestyle for himself.  He then looks back at where they just came from and reminds himself of the mission and the importance of his role within the group.  He then smiles and says to himself "This is my chance to prove myself  to my father.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balus looks ready to eat his floppy hat. He swollows a few times, and his tanned cheeks burn bright red. "Oh, um. My apologies. I didn't mean to intrude on your people..." Mookie makes no move while sunning herself, and Balus has the sudden desire to crawl under a very small rock...

 

For a while, Balus will ride in silence...

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh, um. My apologies. I didn't mean to intrude on your people..."

 

Kita looks back at Balus..seeing his discomfort.  "No, it is nothing you said.  Or asked.  It is the way of elves to not listen to anyone who is not older than...at least 200...usually more though.  My father, well, he is 800, a rather nice middle aged elf...what your people would consider about 30ish.  I think, but I might be off."  She smiles at him, showing him there is no hurt feelings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucius' draw drops several metaphorical inches at Kita's offhand remarks of being nearly immortal. A century.... thats nearly five times older than me, and what of uncle? how long will he outlive his half brothers and sisters? how long will he out live me or my children? At the thought of children, Lucius dares a small crimson cheeked glance at Kitta.

 

At that, she laughs a bit smiling again, looking at Lucius.  "More...but something lite, please."  She will hum with him, a bit off tune at times, but she tries.

 

Lucius is more than happy to have a request. He takes a minute or two to readjust the tune of his harp before beginning to play. The song is ancient, as old as the earth itself. After several notes on his harp, Lucius' voice enters the song in a smooth alto. The words bring to mind dead leaves, pixies, dew, waterfalls, forests, and more all rolled into one sence. For those that would have the knowladge, the language is Sylvan.

 

(ooc. excerpt from a Niel Young song)

 

Oh, mother earth,

With your fields of green

Once more laid down by the hungry hand

How long can you give and not receive

And feed this world ruled by greed

 

Oh, ball of fire

In the summer sky

Your healing light, your parade of days

Are they betrayed by the men of power

Who hold this world in their changing hands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucius' draw drops several metaphorical inches at Kita's offhand remarks of being nearly immortal. A century.... thats nearly five times older than me, and what of uncle? how long will he outlive his half brothers and sisters? how long will he out live me or my children? At the thought of children, Lucius dares a small crimson cheeked glance at Kitta.

 

At that, she laughs a bit smiling again, looking at Lucius.  "More...but something lite, please."  She will hum with him, a bit off tune at times, but she tries.

 

Lucius is more than happy to have a request. He takes a minute or two to readjust the tune of his harp before beginning to play. The song is ancient, as old as the earth itself. After several notes on his harp, Lucius' voice enters the song in a smooth alto. The words bring to mind dead leaves, pixies, dew, waterfalls, forests, and more all rolled into one sence. For those that would have the knowladge, the language is Sylvan.

 

(ooc. excerpt from a Niel Young song)

 

Oh, mother earth,

With your fields of green

Once more laid down by the hungry hand

How long can you give and not receive

And feed this world ruled by greed

 

Oh, ball of fire

In the summer sky

Your healing light, your parade of days

Are they betrayed by the men of power

Who hold this world in their changing hands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Reg-ee-nald, continue on the left flank I will...  Unless, I am needed elsewhere.  Dangerous at night Dhurla's Pass can be..."

 

Reg nods at Brulls suggestion, "Sounds fine to me Brull, I'll be on point and if Anden takes the right we should be set, ready for trouble."

 

As they ride along, with Lucious strumming in the background, Reg watches the scenery, keeping an eye and moving forward whenever they pass a spot likely for ambush.

 

When Lucious's starts singing a song, his mind harkens back to days long ago when this land looked different, Reg sighs knowing the time lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(ooc: Man, if I don't get on at least once a day I fall further behind...hopefully this'll catch me up.)

 Dymitri listens to the guides answer to Reg and Anden's questions, and shakes his head.  He looks at the guide and says, "I understand why these people and yourself left Dhurla's Pass." motioning to the wagons.

 Then he continues, "But, just because someone stays behind doesn't make them "crazy".  Far from it, especially if they believe the cause is just, and truly believe they can help.  So, you continue on, and our group and the "crazy" scholar will do what we can to save YOUR town."

 With that he moves his mount away, stopping only briefly to say to Kita, "I'll be checking the perimeter with Brull, when we decide to leave."

 Then giving her a smile he nudges his horse to a gallop in to the field.

 Not much later, the wagons move out, leaving the rest of the party in it's wake.

 Dymitri watches them go, understanding why they are going, hel he is scared himself, but also knowing he wants to help along with his friends.

 As he moves back around in a smaller circle, Reg and the others discuss our next move, and Archibald takes flight, hovering above the group, and Kita puts Connor up, too, and the two fly off ahead of the group.

 Brull, makes it back to the others and tells Reg that he will continue on the left flank.  Reg replies,

"Sounds fine to me Brull, I'll be on point and if Anden takes the right we should be set, ready for trouble."
 As Dymitri arrives, Kita is talking to Balus and the group begins to moves again,
"For elves in general, they seem to be stuck in a book... Or at least that is what my father told me.  But I am a wild elf, we value knowledge, but we don't live in the past like most of our kind."

 She looks ahead and sighs, a bit sad then continues,

"My people travel alot, so our homes are portable tents, mostly camoflaged to protect us, being that we dwell so close to the cursed lands.  Makes for a very serious upbringing, I suppose, but we value the time more , and the company of other's too."
 Balus nods and replies,
"Should the opportunity arrise, I would love to visit your people."

 As Balus pauses Dymitri speaks up, "I would enjoy that also...if the opportunity arises."

 They both look at him, and he now feels at bit embarrassed for inturrupting and says, "I'll be at rear guard."

 He slows his mount and lets the group move ahead, but still within earshot, as Balus continues,

"Actually, you're the first of the Shining Host I've ever met."
  Yep, I'll just be back here...gotta love this rear guard position. he thinks to himself.   But, I guess someones got to do it.

 Lucius seems uncomfortable as he takes out his harp and begins strumming it.  As Kita and Balus continue, Lucius is soon singing some kind of military marching songs that he doesn't seem to know the word too.  Over the din Dymitri hears Kita say,

"To be honest, I have been wanting to forge my own path for some time, but I only have just passed my first century.  I am no better than a child to them...."

  Her first century??? :oh: Over 100 years old and still thought of as a child?  My father told me that elves had long lives, but I took it as...well, I don't know what I took it as.  He looks at Kita again, still seeing a beautiful "young" woman.   It matters not, age is only a number, and if Kita is still considered a child, my age, by her people then we are still on equal terms.    He smiles, as she turns in her saddle How beautiful she is. she looks at Lucius, laughing a bit and says,

 "More...but something lite, please."
 Balus apologizes, for something he might have said, but Kita stops him,
"No, it is nothing you said.  Or asked.  It is the way of elves do not listen to anyone who is not older than...at least 200...usually more though.  My father, well, he is 800, a rather nice middle aged elf...what your people would consider about 30ish.  I think, but I might be off."

 

Lucius' jaw drops several metaphorical inches at Kita's offhand remarks of being nearly immortal.
As does Dymitris', as he finds himself closing his mouth manually.   800 years old !!!! My life is nothing but the blink in an elven eye.

 Once Lucius composes himself

He takes a minute or two to readjust the tune of his harp before beginning to play. The song is ancient, as old as the earth itself. After several notes on his harp, Lucius' voice enters the song in a smooth alto.
 Dymitri does not understand the words but they seem to flow like a forest brook, and is very soothing.

 Dymitri keeps a vigilent watch for the remainder of the day, as the party moves towards their destiny at Dhurla's Pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guide and his charges rumble past and soon you are on your way. With Kita and Balus both back in the saddle you make better progress than what has been made this past morning and yesterday afternoon. To the west you can see the blasted land know called the, the road at time skirts the very edge of it. The land is desolate and barren like a great desert. Twisted dead trees and brush thrust out of the ground groping towards the sky in a mockery of growth. Strange sounds can be heard echoing from some unknown origin and sometime strange flashes of light blink in the distance. It is said the magic runs wild in the twisted lands, and from just this brief encounter you can readily believe it! From the sky Archie sees the glints of light and sometimes a flash of movement. But was it real? Or merely a mirage? Or perhaps some illusion that still holds sway in a place where magic has gone mad. Archie wisely refrains from investigating.

     Soon the tormented land falls behind you as the road continues north and the border of the twisted Lands turns west. To the north you can see the great Barrier Mountains looming ahead of you. It is close to evening and you reach the foothills of the mountains. A suitable camp spot is found and camp quickly set up. A small river runs close by providing both fresh water and an opportunity for a bath for those of a mind to wash up. Dymitri, riding on the rearguard was afforded an opportunity to take out four large hares to contribute to the evening meal. As the sun continues is downward climb the temperature becomes noticeably cooler as the wind shifts and brings the cooler mountain air down to the hills below them. The night passes quietly and uneventfully.

    Morning comes crisp and cool. A warm cloak is definitely needed this morn! Camp is quickly broken down and soon you are on your way again. Travel is slower this day because of the hilly terrain. But the mountains themselves draw ever close. Once again Archie takes to the sky to watch from above, it is well after noon when he comes swooping in to let the party know that they are barely an hour from the town.  Soon you are cresting the last hill and looking down at the town of Dhurla’s Pass. A sturdy wooded palisade surrounds the town ‘proper’ with a scattering of small farms around it. From here you can see some movement on the wall around the town, and some in the town itself. Black smoke rises from a point outside the town and to the west.  Those that have grown up in farming communities can see from here that the crops are withered and dead in the fields, and those farm animals seen look sickly even from this distance. A black plague flag flies over the open gates of Dhura’s Pass.

 

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reg looks at the town, without much hope for it's inhabbitants. What could kind of disease could so decimate a town and it's people. What should have been a thriving community is now dead, or dying.

.....

.....

 

well let's go see what we have instore for us reg thinks to himself. Then an idea strikes.

 

He drops off his horse, and pulls his cart off the pack horse, assembling it in a matter of seconds, he rigs it up to the pack horse so it is trundling on the ground.

 

"Can everybody pass me anything they have which can hold water, I'm going to go back to the stream we passed a little while ago and fill them up, the water tasted pure, I don't believe we should drink of the water anywhere in the town. Also if someone would come with me, to help and watch my back as we bring the water back." Reg waits patiently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I will wait here, see if I can see any activity....in the."  She seems to lose some of her poise for a moment as she looks at the waisted town.  "If there are any people left, they will need clean water.  And our help."

She looks back at the party seriosly, sadness etching every part of her.  "Those who do not want to risk sickness can stay here, and I for one will not blame them.  It is a death camp we approach.  Even the land is diseased somehow.  This might not be a natural thing."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...