Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Tam

The Kingdom of Mordant

Recommended Posts

Brull continues to travel with the group, taking watch as requested and constantly looking into the sky trying to keep track of Archie, his messenger from Cernunnos.

 

The young half-orc has never been this far from his grove.  Part of him still longs for the simple days hunting and scouting the areas around his beloved grove.  But Henka is dead and Brull has answered the voice in his head.  He some how knows his destiny lies with this group of humans and elves.  

 

"Can everybody pass me anything they have which can hold water, I'm going to go back to the stream we passed a little while ago and fill them up, the water tasted pure, I don't believe we should drink of the water anywhere in the town. Also if someone would come with me, to help and watch my back as we bring the water back." Reg waits patiently.

 

Brull quickly steps forward wanting to further gain the trust of the monk, "Watch your back I will REg-ee-nald..."

 

The barbarian will go with Reg to the stream, his double axe drawn and ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Archibald alights on a scrub tree and regards the town mournfully.  "It did not look this bad from up high..."

 

He plods along with Brull to the stream.  "You seem thoughtful, Large One.  Is your kind proof agaist such diseases?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brull turns to answer Archie.  The barbarian speaks in a low and steady tone, "I know not Master Arc-hee-bald...  Protect us Cernunnos will, yes?"

 

What does Cernunnos ask of me Master Arc-hee-bald?  Am only to guard your life on this journey?  Or is there more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brull turns to answer Archie.  The barbarian speaks in a low and steady tone, "I know not Master Arc-hee-bald...  Protect us Cernunnos will, yes?"

"If he does, I shall be grateful.  I find that I miss the palace children, even their attempts to play horsey..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balus pulls Horse to a stop as he looks at Kita. His thoughts are his own, but his lips press into a thin line.

 

At the request for waterskins, Balus gives his own up to be replenished.

 

"If we do help those afflicted here, remember to wash your hands throughly before bringing your fingers to mouth or eyes. And wash doubly so before eating a meal. Simple washing can cut down the number of stricken. I have some lye soap with me, it will be unpleasant, but suffering from this would be worse..."

 

With that, Balus gives Mookie another scritch and moves onwards.

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After she hands Reg her waterskin,Kita falls into step behind Balus, but is mainly quiet.  Though she keeps looking at Balus, and the others.

 

She catches up to Balus, and they exchange some words.  Kita looks a bit better after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucius tosses Reg his waterskin. "I also have a bottle of a very special vintage of wine some where. I guess we can drink that if we have to." Lucius doesn't look happy to be sharing this, but sacrafices must be made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brull quickly steps forward wanting to further gain the trust of the monk, "Watch your back I will REg-ee-nald..."

 

The barbarian will go with Reg to the stream, his double axe drawn and ready.

 

"Thank you Brull" as Reg takes teh horse laden with waterskins back to the stream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dymitri hands his waterskin to Reg also saying, "I know Brull will watch your back.  I'll stay here with Kita and the others to help assess what we can do, and watch their backs."

 He turns to Brull, "Be watchful my friend, some dangers go unseen.  Return safely." smiling a the big half-orc.

 At this he moves to catch up with Kita and the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aramil removes his waterskin and hands it to Reg, and annouces to the group "I have a real bad feeling about this place.  I dont think splitting up is a very good idea.  I sense something out there."  '"If you do leave make it a quick trip you two, only the Gods know what lie out in these wastes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dymitri face is grim as he takes his place with the others overlooking the town.

 "Do you think we can really help here?" he asks the others, looking at the withered crops and sickly livestock.

 He awaits their answers...

 After they answer he says, "Well, I suggest we camp here and wait for Reg, Brull and Archibalds' return." looking at the town once again.

 Then contiues, "That way we at least are rested for tomorrow, before we walk in to the "lion's den" to look for this scholar, and offer our assistance."

 Again he waits for their replies...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I agree with Aramil.  Something here is out of ....I don't know how to explain it.  It feels as though the very ground is part of this diseased feeling, not just the town.  I do not want us to be apart when we meet whoever did this."

Kita quiets down again at that, lookin at the town saddly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucius is looking more and more gloomy as the moment stretches on.

"Do you think we can really help here?" he asks the others, looking at the withered crops and sickly livestock.
"We have to try, Dymitri, or we're not but parasites feeding off these peoples' hope." Marcin...As dearly as I miss you, I pray you're not in this ####.

 

"That way we at least are rested for tomorrow, before we walk in to the "lion's den" to look for this scholar, and offer our assistance."

"Yes, that sounds splendid to me." Lucius says rather dejectedly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Merciful gods," murmurs Anden "the very earth craves your healing touch." He casts about for the distinct stench of evil, nose already crinkled in anticipation of nastiness.

 

The sight of so much famished and wasting livestock has the paladin quite teary, and he slumps slightly at the thought that this must also have happened to poor, inoffensive farming people and dear little children and.....

 

His hand moves to the hilt of his sword.

 

"If this be some foul perversion of the gift of magic, gods of justice, make me the instrument of your vengeance." The request is muffled somewhat, as any speech through gritted teeth tends to be. The slump of his shoulders has turned into a tense knot of suppressed violence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting one affirnative reply, Dymitri dismounts and scouts the area for a suitable camp site.

 He finds an alcove in the rock face that looks to be suitable.  He then calls the others over and starts to set a camp.

 "This looks like good a spot as any for tonight." he says looking again at the town.

  So much destruction.

 He looks at the others, "All I know is that the scholar should be our first stop.  With any luck she will be able to tell us how this started.  Then with that, we might be able to find a cure."

 He looks solemn, "I just hope we're not too late."

 He finishes setting camp quietly, helping whomever needs it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...