Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Tam

The Kingdom of Mordant

Recommended Posts

Dymitri, feeling only slightly rejected, and still in good spirits tells the girl, "I understand, maybe another time, when I return from my trip."

 He smiles at her and kisses her hand, as he heads to the farmers table.

The farmers look up from their conversation; one of them looks Dymitri up and down “You a merc of some type?” he asks “Or maybe a bounty hunter?”

“Either way” says another “Have a seat. It hurts my neck looking up at a tall feller like you.” They make room for Dymitri to sit down and call for another round of drinks.

 Dymitri replies, "No sir, I am no merc or bounty hunter, just a traveller in search of some adventure."

 But, the man's questions make Dymitri think, as he takes a seat, Well, maybe I/we could be considered a mercs, we are under "contract" to the Castellan.  He smirks, I never thought of it that way.

 As the men order their round, Dymitri says, "My treat.", placing a gold soverign on the table.

 Surveying the men's expressions, he smiles saying, "Now, what was this about raids in the area?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucius can't resist the cries of the crowd. He gets up from his seat adn pulls his harp out again. This time there are no drums, only the harp and Lucuis' voice. He sings several country bumkin songs about harvesting and planting and silly monsters no true adventurer would be afraid of. its all quite hootable and what not. This goes on for about an hour, with frequent brakes for wine. By the end of this performance, Lucuis has goten quite giddy. *hick*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am nobody's pet," Archibald doesn't reply haughtily.  "I am Archibald, friend of kings and princes, and I was trying to engage you in polite conversation.  Now, are you going to arm-wrestle or not?"
“Friend of Kings huh? For a talkin’…what ever ya are ya spin a good tale.” Replies the first man. Another young man at the table shakes his head and says, “Na Razi, I think it’s telling the truth. My Da met this merchant, said there was this ‘dragon creature’ livin’ at the castle in Riolan. Played with the King’s kids I think.” He nods his head towards Archie. “I bet he’s the dragon that merchant was talkin’about.”

  “Well,” the one called Razi says “Kings dragon or no, I’ll not be wrestlin’ with ya. You’re a might too small and it wouldn’t be fair”

As the men order their round, Dymitri says, "My treat.", placing a gold soverign on the table.

Surveying the men's expressions, he smiles saying, "Now, what was this about raids in the area?"

“Ah, don’ be listenin’ to ol’ Wilse there. He’s jus’ carrin’ tale again that’s all.” Say one of the farmers “Tain’t nothing of the like goin’ on ‘round here. Maybe further north and all.”

 “I didn’t say it was local Arlo.” The one named Wilse retorts back “I was a sayin’ that there has been an increase of the little red devils raiding lately. Them and the rest of their green and gray skinned ilk. I tell ya, something evil is brewing in the north. Jus’ lie them old stories always are talkin’ ‘bout.”

 “Pshaw!” says a third farmer, one who is obviously old enough to be both the others father! Gray haired with a well weathered wrinkled face. “ Don’t mind either of them lad.” He tells Dymitri “They jus’ like to argue back and forth. Now I be Grady, that be Lew and that be Sully. And ya mighta guessed these two are Arlo and Wilse. We are more than happy to make yer ‘quaitence. Now ya say yer neither merc nor bounty hunter, but yer sporting some pretty serious weaponry there.  Are ya off on some grand adventure ta seek yer fortune?”

By the end of this performance, Lucuis has goten quite giddy. *hick*

As the patron ply Lucius with wine they get him to play some of the bawdier songs like “Spin the lass” and “My biscuits are burning”. Songs that some may not have realized he knew. And songs he would normally find beneath him. But the strong local wines have loosened him up quite a bit this evening!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Reg did the rounds of the party, it seems they were all too busy to leave what they were doing so he philosophicaly left them all too their own devices, deciding that they could have a meeting in the morning.

 

With that thought Reg goes up to his room pulls out his bed roll and spare blanket and lies down on the floor, blows out the candle, then recites the seventh mantra until he falls asleep, ready to wake up the party at the crack of dawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucius has begun to notice how much the wine has gotten to him. "Please, please, I must get to bed some time. I'm terribly sorry I cannot accomodate you further." He says to the people as he stumbles his way towards the steps. The slur is noticable in his speech. At the last moent, he turns to Aramil and shouts "I love you man!" before stumbling up to his room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucius has begun to notice how much the wine has gotten to him. "Please, please, I must get to bed some time. I'm terribly sorry I cannot accomodate you further." He says to the people as he stumbles his way towards the steps (diplomacy roll 23=15+7). The slur is noticable in his speech. At the last moent, he turns to Aramil and shouts "I love you man!" before stumbling up to his room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dymitri Listens to two of the men argue about the alleged raids, until an older man named Grady reprimands the two, and introduces the five gentlemen around.

 Then Grady asks,  Now ya say yer neither merc nor bounty hunter, but yer sporting some pretty serious weaponry there.  Are ya off on some grand adventure ta seek yer fortune?”

 Dymitri introduces himself to the men.  Then looks at the coiled chain on his right hip and replies, "This?" as he fingers one of the spikes.

 "I wouldn't call this serious weaponry, but I would call it very adaquate." smiling broadly.

 "And, thinking about it, I might be considered a type of merc, since I am under contract with the Castellan to perform a service with the fellows I came in with. "  smirking again, he continues.

 "Finally, as far as seeking my fortune, if I happen in to any on this "mission" I will be grateful.  But, I due enjoy the adventure."

 Dymitri sips at his bier.  "So, the raids are further north then, would that be anywhere near the pass, where I've heard silver has been found?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grady looks at Dymitri “well, that would be Wilse’s tale to tell. Eh Wilse?” Wilse looks up from his drink “aye, that it would.” He scratches his beard a moment as he thinks. “I was at The Black Ox, another tavern here in town, an’ there was some sell-swords there that had just finished guarding a caravan out of Dhurla’s Pass. Seems they were attacked by a bunch of the there Kobolds. Now they where takin’ the shorter of the two routes to Dhurla’s so they was in that crazy magic area north a here. Anyways, them little devils came ridin’ out of the night on these lizards and swarmed the campsite took what they could grab, did a whole lot of damage and then rode off.   And since they was in that crazy area their mage couldn’ even work his magic! This was about…two weeks back I’d say.” Wilse pauses for a long pull on his bier “And that young feller, is all I know. But I know they and the rest of their ilk have been gettin’ more uppity lately. Making more raids and such.” And with a sage like nod, he leans back and pulls out a pipe and lights it up, taking a long drag on it and nods his head. “ Mark my words. Somethin’ bad is getting’ ready to happen.” And he grows silent and thoughtful. The talk around the table then turns to the upcoming Harvest. They politely keep Dymitri in the conversation, but obviously nothing more useful is known.

 Archie finds himself the center of attention with his little group. Though they know nothing of use, they are soon enraptured by Archie’s tales of life in the castle, and keep asking for more of his tales. Archie preens under the attention delighting in finding people who haven’t heard his tales and stories and listen with rapt attention. But soon even they find that the hour is late and they must leave. There are many “When next your in town you must visit Mum makes a terrific (insert pie name here)”

  Soon the party is all abed. Morning comes early as Reggie wakes everyone up and gathers them in one of the rooms before letting them head down to breakfast. He tells them about the mage he met last night and his invitation to the mage to join the group. “But I wanted to discuss it all with you first” he says “What do you think? A magic user could be quite useful.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning finds the Wizard, Balus Spellslinger asleep in the very comfortable bed, much later than the others. He stirs a little, but that is enough for Mookie. The tiny cat uncurls from her position next to Balus and looks at him.

 

<f> "Wake up!" </f>

 

Balus stirs, and mumbles something, asleep in moments.

 

<f> "I said wake up, I'm bored!" </f>

 

Balus winces, turning his head to the side. his sleep-drugged voice mumbles "g'wy, stup' cat..."

 

Mookie doesn't take no for an answer, and moves up to her Human's head, beginning to lick the tip of his nose

 

A clumsy hand reaches out, futily attacking the cat. In responce, she nips his nose. An eye opens, focusing on the adorable fuzzbucket. "I hate you..." he says before reaching out to scritch the beastie.

 

<f> "And it worked, too. Oooh, right there... purrr....." </f>

 

With that, Balus is awake for another day's adventure, and begins making himself ready for the morning. Within the quarter of an hour he's beginning his memorization mantras, preparing for both attack and defence...

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morning comes early as Reggie wakes everyone up and gathers them in one of the rooms before letting them head down to breakfast. He tells them about the mage he met last night and his invitation to the mage to join the group. ?But I wanted to discuss it all with you first? he says ?What do you think? A magic user could be quite useful.?

"A baker would be better," yawns Archibald, matching the cat's own luxurious morning stretch.  "But if that is not to be had, then a mage would serve most admirably.  His cat is his primary recommendation."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple hours after Lucius stumbles upstairs, Dymitri's adrenaline level is bottoming out.  The excitement of the day is gone, leaving only sleepiness.  The 3 biers didn't help much either.  

 So, Dymitri finishes the bier in front of him, Make that four he says to himself.  Stands, and catches himself on the table, I don't remember the room spinning like this, he thinks.

 He thanks the gentlemen for the information, and politely excuses himself from the table.  He looks around the room, and scratches his head, Where we going to have a meeting, about the mage.  Oh, well.

 Looking around one last time, he makes his way through the taproom, and up the stairs to his room.  (ooc: Did we all get seperate rooms?  Or, do I have a roomie?  And, if so who?).    

 Dymitri is quiet as he can be with a nice buzz, and in the darkness of the room.  He kicks off his boots, and unrolls his bedroll, completely fogetting his sword, bow and arrows are nearby, as they fall to the floor. "####!", he mumbles under his breath.

 He takes off his shirt and lays on the cotton blanket, and is soon fast asleep.

 What seems like minutes later, someone bangs on the door.  Dymitri, startled, falls out of his bed and on to the floor.  Shielding his eyes from the mornings light, he hoarsly asks, "WHAT!"  Then grabs his throat, OOoww, so dry.    

 The voice from the other side of the door says, that breakfast is ready and waiting for us, but that we have to discuss the mage, first in his room.  Dymitri, still hoarse, answers, "Give me a couple minutes."

 The voice, now recognized as Reg, replies, "Okay, but hurry up."

 After he hears Reg leave his door, Dymitri gets off the floor and stretches.  Oooo, why is my back so sore? wincing at the dull pain in his back.  Lifting his bedroll, and dropping it on the floor so he can re-assemble it he sees the reason for his pain.  He unrolled his bedroll over his chain shirt, and during the night, it had gathered where his back was, Stupid, stupid, stupid!  That's what you get for drinking, too much.

Dymitri picks up the shirt shakes it and inspects it.  The well oils links fall back in to place, and luckily there is no broken ones.

 It takes about 15 minutes for him to re-assembles his bedroll, wash in the cold water of the rooms basin, and get dressed for travel.  Then he heads to Reg's room to meet the others.

 When everyone arrives, Reg, tells them about the mage he met last night and his invitation to the mage to join the group. “But I wanted to discuss it all with you first” he says “What do you think? A magic user could be quite useful.”

 "A mage would be handy in a fight.", replies Dymitri.

 Then continues, "But, I was talking with some gentlemen last night, and they mentioned, "non-magic" areas the way we are headed.  Will he become a liability, if he can't do his magic?"

 "And, finally." he proceeds, "they mentioned increased Kobold raiding, also.  From the report, a caravan camp was beset upon, at night, by Kobolds riding lizards, in one of those "non-magic" areas.  This, could be a tactic they use to keep magic from interfering with their raids.  Just something to think about."  He finishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucius shows up for the meeting nearly 25 minutes late. he is in consideralby worse shape than Dymitri, though all he has to show for it physically is rumpled clothes, tussled hair, and squinty eyes which don't think sleep is actually over yet. "I think a wizard is an excellent idea. I hear they can make pigs fly... funny that." During the rest of the meeting, Lucuis wonders between a waking delerium and sleep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reg seeing as the topic of the mage is flowing through everyone's heads pipes up "Another thing that needs to be discussed is leadership, we need someone to represent us, and I do no wish to take that responsibility." Reg looks around the faces in the room, wondering who will shoulder the burden.

 

"Just remember it has to be someone who has experience and can be taken seriously by others." Reg having said his piece sits down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...