Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Tam

The Kingdom of Mordant

Recommended Posts

Dymitri nods, "I agree with Lucius."  on this at least, he muses.  

 "We each do have our own special talents." (ooc: we might be better off playing it by ear.) he continues.

 "Why try and pick any one person to lead?  We are compatriots, a group, a band.  Why not, just stir the pot and let the cream rise to the top.  We might be better off for it."

 He takes a mug of hot, black, coffee and sips at it, thanking the server.

 Then waiting, for a lull, as not to interrupt Archie and Balus' conversation, and finally noticing the sword strapped to the mages back, I do hope he knows how to use that he thinks, then says, "As far as Balus joining us, I vote yeah.  Anyone second the motion?"   :)

 While waiting for any reply, Dymitri motions to the server and orders breakfast: spicy sausage, 3 eggs, fried potatoes, a short stack along with any jam or jelly available, topped off with a large mug of milk.    :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The group prepares to leave the inn their number increased by one, but the decision on a leader still remains unresolved. Perhaps it will be resolved on the road, or when one member shows his ability to lead by setting the example and doing so. The morning is once again clear and bright, the storm clouds from the night before never making it this far. Your mounts are brought to the front of the inn by the stable boys, tacked up and ready to go. All if that is left is for you to secure your extra gear to the pack animal.

 It isn’t long before you are clear of the town and once again riding north. This day is much as the last in scenery. In the morning hours you pass through some smaller villages, where your passing is noted with mild curiosity. As the day wears on, the number of farms slowly declines and more wildernesses is seen. Grassy plain-like areas broken by occasional groves of trees, usually growing along some stream or riverbank. The road looks more and more less travel the further you go. Soon it is a simple one lane wide path with ruts cut in from wagons that occasionally move up and down it. As the day winds down and the sun begins it descent into the west you come across a well kept “camping spot” along side the road. It is obviously used often as old tracks from wagons and horses are scattered about. A well-worn path leads from the camping spot to the stream, and at some point someone has even planted soaproot along the stream.

 On the eve of the third day out of Riolan as you approach another roadside camp sight you see another has already stopped there. A female elf wearing leather armor is leading a small dun color horse up from the stream. She stops when she sees you, her hand moving towards a scimitar hanging at her side. Her green eyes watch you warily as she flips her long golden red hair over her shoulder.

 

 

 

 

Interlude

 

  As the group leaves the inn, a woman of non-descript appearance gets up from the table she was sitting at. A faint smile plays about her lips as she goes upstairs to her room. Once she is in her room, the illusion she kept about her slips away revealing her true nature. Her skin is a silvery gray, with long black hair tumbling to her waist. Dark fathomless eye looked out from under startlingly long lashes. She moves to the window, which overlooks the courtyard below and watches the group as they prepare to leave. She watches them until they are out of sight and lost in the crowded streets of the city before turning away from the window. Later, when the maid comes to check on the guest, she finds only an empty room with the curtains blowing from the breeze from the open window.  

 

Lady Tam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

--Begin--

 

During the travels, Balus makes pleasant conversation, his wide brimmed, floppy hat giving excellent shade from the sun and with a little water to wet his lips, he's just fine on his grey dappled horse.

 

Mookie, on the other hand, streaches out into a black and white tube of fur, the cat taking the chance to doze off on the hindquarters of the horse, and enjoying the sun to it's fullest.

 

On the third day, he is one of the first to spot the horsewoman. He raises his hand in greeting. "Well met, I'm Balus Spellslinger, these are my companions. Worry not about your safety, few of us would want to come to harm from you." he smiles, removing his hat a moment and running a hand through his hair. "Oh." he says, feeling his familiar crawl to his lap and look at the other horserider.

 

"This is Mookie, who is terribly offended should I not introduce her..."

 

--End--

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucius gets off his horse and gives a Bow and Cloak Flourish in one fluid motion. <e>"greetings evening flower. Allow me to introduce myself, Lucius Fairwind, bard, story teller, and story maker extraordinare!" </e>. Lucius makes another grand cloak flourish and pulls his harp from somewhere within his backpack. <e>"Mayhaps you will break camp with us, if only for the night?"</e>

 

(Lucius Fairwind, smooth talker)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reg seeing the woman at the stream hands his reins to Anden then drops off his horse and disapears into the brush doing a wide sweep, to make sure the woman is alone and not a decoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She bows to the newcomers, a cascade of gold and red braids or beaded hair locks falling forward, while her bright green eyes remain on the party.  She is calm, as if she expected them. As she straightens, her many tattoos become apparent on her nut brown skin, along her arms, side of her stomach and surrounding her left eye. Small feathers decorate her fringed dark rawhide pants and neckguard, while her honey-colored leather chestpiece and shoulders look rather out of place on such a wild creature. Most prevalent, however, is the wooden holy symbol upon her neckguard. A simple carved medallion with the figure of a tree in the center, same as the band holding back her hair. Her horse is garbed like that of her master, a mix of the wild and order, making then a odd couple indeed.

 

    "Greetings, sir's. My name is Kita, for simplicity's sake." A soft russtle of wings can be heard, and she raises her left hand as a very tiny and old owl alights upon the golve. "And this little friend is called Connor"

 

'Hummm....they have a high elf among them. I suppose for the night, I can offer them company, and well...tomorrow will show their intentions'

 

    "I accept your offer. Nights in a forest alone is dangerous, to say the least. And company is always welcome." She smiles, motioning to where she has a rope set up for the horses to be tied up. "And the water here is not foul."

 

    At that, she goes about making her horse ready for the night, removing her simple saddle, and attaching her rope bridle to the line. The owl is set upon the horses back, and oddly enough the horse does not seem to care, to busy eating his fill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Good evening Lady Kita",  Aramil says as he dismounts his steed.  "I am Aramil Elvenstar, and I am pleased to make your aquaintance".  "We have traveled many miles and would be honored to break camp with you this fine eve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"May I assist with your horses?"  As she glances about the party.  "I am rather good with them", she says smiling a little smile to herself.

 

Hehehe, wonder who got the dwarf up there...this is a strange bunch of fellows.....oh, and a pseudodragon...wonder who claims him?

 

"And a good eve to you all,"  She makes a point of bowing to all of the people.  She looks around again after her horse is settled, making sure all horses are looked after.  "I already have a sparce fire set up, but I am afraid it might be rather to small now."  :oops:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balus thanks her, but takes care of his own horse.

 

After watering the beast and light brushing, Balus gives the horse an apple he had secreted in his pack, and then gives it feed for the evening.

 

Secured horse taken care of, he then goes to getting himself a nice place to set his bedroll, and after the evening meal, he will offer first watch, so he may have time to study his arcane tome...

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She sits down, poking a bit at the fire to make sure it's really going.

"We will need a middle watch also...or some of us on the morrow will be quite tired.  Makes for a hard day that way, and dangerous."  

She stands up, and grabs a few small metal rods and spits a small hare on each.  Then takes the rod and sets up to cook dinner.

"Being that there are a few of you, I can share what I have.  Unless there is something you want to add into this?"

 

I have to share, but this leaves me to my trail rations tommorow.Oh well, not like I do not know how to get more, and I do have to do my duty..and they could possibly aid me with my quest, whatever it happens to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balus blushes deeply and shakes his head. "Where are my manners." he goes to his pack (unsettling Mookie, how dare he!) and pulls out rations. Hard cheese, thick bread, some dried beef that will most likely be passed on with the cooked hare. He also pulls out a small package tied with string. "I also have some beans, but no pot to cook them in." He looks at the others in his group. "I'm sure each of us can provide, making enough for everyone."

 

With that, he gives his part to the meal, a little bit awkward for focusing on his spellbook more than the others...

 

--lstormhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...