Sign in to follow this  
CaptC

"Winter Warlord-land" Tournament at The Whiz!

that's why i plan on bringing a only a few troops and plenty of clerics.

Mmm, Elven clerics! Tasty! ::D:

Rich

I don't think that last that long to be officially "tasty." more of mmmmm, snacky, but not quite filling. ::D:

With any set of tourney restrictions, there will be some options more attractive than others.

Agreed. I think the main point as far as Whiz players are concerned is that these restrictions work well with all of the "starter box" warlords.

that's why i plan on bringing a only a few troops and plenty of clerics.

Mmm, Elven clerics! Tasty! ::D:

I don't think that last that long to be officially "tasty." more of mmmmm, snacky, but not quite filling. ::D:

A snack becomes a meal if there's enough of them. :devil:

Rich

Man that is a great idea for a tournament. It does encourage players to risk their warlords a bit more when most people would tend to protect their more expensive models.

I agree wholeheartedly though. Elven clerics are quite nice as either an in-between meal snack or as a complete meal if there are enough. Just ask Tommy.

I was talking with CaptC the other day, and there will be another $25 painting prize. This prize will be a random drawing among the players with fully painted armies, excluding players who have won another prize. So now there are three "benefits" to bringing a fully painted army:

1. Three bonus tournament points - an extra edge towards winning the tourney.

2. A chance to win the $25 prize for best painted army.

3. A chance to win the $25 random drawing for fully painted armies.

Rich

Sadly, duty calls for me as well. The kids have their holiday basketball tournaments and leaving the Missus to be in two places at once will have an adverse effect on my marital bliss.

I think I'm out too...there's too much other stuff going on this weekend. If I want to sleep... -_-

That said, I might drop by at some point, see how things are going.

Sounds like an awesome time guys, but, alas, I will be unable to attend. The holiday visiting will have begun...

Have fun and Good Luck.

bah. . .your just ascared that the Elves might actually have a way of beating Aysa. :lol::lol:

what about other locals. . .anyone plan on coming.? dan? ken? mike? pete?

I'm not going to be there. Spending time with the 'rents and things to do at home. I'm also not a huge fan of pay for play. Even if it's for a nice cash prize. I could care less about tourney loot. I just like to play.

Sounds like an awesome time guys, but, alas, I will be unable to attend. The holiday visiting will have begun...

Have fun and Good Luck.

bah. . .your just ascared that the Elves might actually have a way of beating Aysa. :lol::lol:

what about other locals. . .anyone plan on coming.? dan? ken? mike? pete?

I can't make it. I have stuff going on all day.

Have fun storming the castle!

PS

well rich was right. . .we did have a low turn out for this one, but the competition was fun . . .well most of it was anyway. :grr:

i have said it before and the more i play against them the more i believe it. . .the crypt legion is broken.

rcrosby brought the legion to bear this time with aysa, moandin, and i think four railors maxed out on bind souls. i think he had like 26 of them and was dropping minions like them were candy.

in our 1501 game, which lasted 2 hours and 6 complete rounds, the legion eliminated all of the elven models on the board and the elves only took out around 450 pts worth of troops and expended spells from the legion. :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

not even a third of his army was hurt.

oh, it is time to go to the dark side and make a legion army just to play in tourneys. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

and while i laugh i and seriously considering it.