Well, there went my painting time

Sergeant_Crunch

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

last FF I played was like 2 or 3 when it was on one of the older systems. I think the giant sword old Cloudkicker ( think that it is his name) did that series in for me.

then again anymore it seems like CoH/V mmo is doin in any paint time/free time for me.

RM

FF 8 was underrated. I love the card game "Tetra Master". Wasted an entire summer playing that game and Final Fantasy Tactics on the playstation.

Also FF 9 was good, although I never beat it. (Tried twice.) Those games get really hard towards the end, and if you screw up once or twice while playing through, you can easily get stuck as underpowered for the end-encounter. Not much fun to play the whole 40 hour game again just to min-max your group.

But yeah, I can't believe that games looks so nice on the PS2. Totally optimized. (Just to put that into perspective, the PS2 came out when I was like 25 or something I believe, 26 maybe? I'm 34 now. And that new FF game looks really nice on that ancient hardware.)

Darkstar: So true on Tetra Master. LOVED that card game. FF8 had a good plot concept, but it suffered in the implementation and the time that it took for the plot to actually get moving.

I'm behind the times, myself. I just finished FFX for the first time over the weekend. Picked up X-2 last night, and I'm frankly a little traumatized by the shift, but it's minor and I'll play it through anyway.

I'll be getting around to XII about a decade from now, at my rate. :blink:

Well, what will probably happen is I'll be playing along, get stumped 'cuz I'm not high enough level yet and get distracted by something shiney becuase I don't feel doing a level treadmill. At least that's what usually happens to me when I play any FF game. I'm going to attempt to honestly finish one this time. The card game in VIII was about the only thing I liked about that one. I had the PC version and it always crashed to desktop everytime I'd try to go to one of the places you have to go to about 40 hours into the game to get to the next part of the story. Problem was I thought the story sucked in that one. So I called it a wash and moved on.

The real shame is that I had just started basecoating some WL minis that have been primed for months. Hopefully I can manage to paint a little between bouts of FF.

FFXII has totally eaten up my painting time. I was actually making headway on my GW Dwarf army when I started playing, and now my warriors just sit there glaring at me.

My favorite was FF9, and I know I'm in the minority there. Seven was great too, but I liked the more lighthearted nature of 9. Never beat it though. I got all the way to the end, where you have to fight Kuja's big nasty monster, and just couldn't beat it. And I hate when you have to fight hours and hours of random battles to go up a level and try again. So I lost interest. Hopefully that won't happen to XII.

YAY FFIX! Vivi rules! Yay!! :lol:

I'm glad someone else out there likes nine. Although you really aren't missing much by not finishing the last few bosses. After you hit Memoria, the whole thing starts unraveling, plot-wise, and the very last boss has almost no bearing on anything that came before. It's like a villainous deus-ex-machina, or somesuch. But overall the cartoonish nature of the characters makes the game very fun. And Quina, though filling the obligatory annoying-as-all-get-out role, is actually useful sometimes, which is nice.

Eight? Bleeccch.