Tamiya Fine Surface White issues

Naterstein

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just mount the figure to whatever you usually use to hold it while you paint, slap on a rubber dish glove, inexpensive latex or vinyl medical glove and just spray it while you hold it. You'll have better control and will be able to rotate it on x,y,z axis and get it anywhere you need to hit.

Not as effective if you're trying to prime a dozen figures, but works for singles.

For mass spraying, I usually just get a sheet of old plywood, line my soldiers up, give em a spray, rotating the board or adjusting the angle of spray as needed.

You probably will need a slightly different spraying technique for each primer in terms of distance and speed. I noticed that I had to adjust how quickly I passed over the minis when I started priming for an upcoming paint and take and went from Duplicolor to Krylon when I ran out of Duplicolor and still had a test can of the Krylon left.

I've found that Duplicolor and Krylon do okay at humidities up to about 60-65%. I haven't tried any higher though.

Ron

Just mount the figure to whatever you usually use to hold it while you paint, slap on a rubber dish glove, inexpensive latex or vinyl medical glove and just spray it while you hold it. You'll have better control and will be able to rotate it on x,y,z axis and get it anywhere you need to hit.

Another great tip, Qwyk. I started doing this a while back when I realized that I had a box of latex gloves that weren't getting used. I think I got mine at the local pharmacy, and they were pretty cheap. Also nice to have if you need to administer first aid to someone (which is why I got them originally).

Off topic but Nitrile gloves rule over latex gloves. Just started using them and you really can tell a difference. :P

I hold my larger models pieces by hand when painting them with the airbrush so I wear the gloves to keep the overspray on the gloves and off of my hands, especially if I'm using enamels.