Sign in to follow this  
haldir

thinkin of donating to T4T this year...

Hey guys

back in 96ish I think when the SW-SE movies came back into the theaters I bought up a bunch of the figures, mainly to have them, something to remind me of my childhood I guess + I was & still am just not enough to want anything other then movies fan these days, so I decided that I'm gonna take my giant box of SW figures & a few other things, I know I have a couple ships & a few oddball figures in there. Everything is still boxed just like if your to buy it at Walmart.

One question I had was will the Toys for Tots take something like this?? Or does it have to be brand new stuff. Like I said they are brand new just old. I opened a couple of them back then & thought the stuff looked better with the package, had no intention of selling them later due to "highly collectible" & such.

I was gonna sell them on ebay mainly just to get rid of them, but what I've seen is most SW stuff doesn't garner enough to really put it up on there any more, epically after fees & shipping costs & such.

thanks for any help on this one

RM

I do toys for tots and giving tree every year.

Unopened is the main requirement. There are actually tons of kids on the giving tree that ask for star wars toys. I think this is an awesome idea and a great gift to give a lot of little kids.

Go forward!

I volunteered for TFT a few years back. They'll take ANY toy as long as it is still in its packaging and is deemed "safe". (that is, no toys that have ever been recalled)

If you want to pass along any of the stuff you already unpackaged, you should check around locally for church/civic organizations that also collect toys, food and clothes.

For what it's worth, Toys for Tots is a very worthwhile group to volunteer for. Actually getting to help the parents of needy families select their gifts was quite a rewarding feeling.

thanks guys, hoping to get the box up to my drop off point later today.

everything is unopened, the ones I opened are long gone (probably tossed them when I moved 4+ years ago.

also thinkin of dropping off some old nascar 1/64 scale size cars as well that I haven't opened, basically getting rid of stuff that is just taking up space + I know my kids are gonna have a nice Christmas this year, might as well try & make some other kids have fun as well.

RM