Merc Book

wildbill

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So one game system gets put on hold indefinately so another game system can get started? And then what? CAV 2 gets put on hold while Warlord gets "examined"? Gentlemen, this is shoddy. I'm worried by their lack of continued support for the game that currently exists and is building up a following. Starting with the sudden gutting of all previous data (core book and factions book just out) in the form of the V1.2 cards, and now news like this, I wonder how Reaper expects those of us pushing the game to be able to do just that. The Merc book is the single most game-effecting faction book. It will alter much about how armies are built. It needs to be worked out as soon as possible. And just because I'm a Merc player doesn't make my statements any less true. In other words...oh please, please, please, I'm so tired of waiting, it's killing me, killing me, I can't take this, please, please...etc.

Hate to threadjack, but I'm inclined to agree. The consistent and sometimes drastic changes to the Warlord ruleset are the single biggest sticking point I've had to deal with in getting new players into the game and it's caused several once-dedicated players to essentially stop their support of the game.

Seems like a real catch-22 situation, but it seems pretty clear that there's only enough resources to fully support one game. Either way, there's probably going to be a lot of ticked-off players.

Just think of Gus's comments as a little common sense; CAV has not been released yet, and the O'lord book has only been on shelves for about a week. We've all heard how much of a push there is to finish the CAV book. We've all also heard how Reaper has a finite amount of resources to devote to releasing books for their games. So, it stands to reason, until CAV is finished, they'll be doing very little towards Warlord. And since their release schedule for Warlord books has been ~4 months-ish, I would say an educated guess would mean not to expect anything for Warlord until early next year.

Once again, this isn't "news". :;):

~v

• Reaper User

Yes, Warlord has been on hold. I only have the resources to focus on one thing at a time. When the Overlord book was closed on my part I picked up CAV2. The next faction book has already been started concerning early stage stuff. Not ready to discuss that yet.

Stability for both Warlord and CAV are exactly what I am in the process of establishing. I also appreciate a stable game line. This will simply take time to get on track. I will not rush ANYTHING at the expense of quality, consistency, accuracy at this point. I realize everyone wants it all and wants it now and believe me, I can be that way myself. My job is not to provide that service. My job is to provide quality, consistency, accuracy and timeliness. I am constructing that system, training a few people and getting the house in order. Both CAV and Warlord will advance and will both get on and stay on track.