Hey!

haldir

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, it may be a bit more than 2 months before the dates are announced. But then again, what do I know? Nada. ::D:

I think it's safe to say that in 2 months or so we'll start seeing the auctions of the painted ReaperCon '06 Sophies starting. I'm hoping I win one this time around.

I'm all excited..not to say I had ever been UNexcited. It's been building since the last day of last year's RCon actually.

Looks like the Georgia-Gang will be even bigger this time around. Possibly a dozen folks coming up from the Tagarthos area.

Though it don't apply to us since we'll be coming over-land, how will the new rules against bringing liquids on a plane affect people who want to fly with their paints? That is to say, will there be paints available at RCon for them to borrow?

I have enough frequent flier miles to get this trip for free, if I don't use them on something else first. But those flights are so restricted I may just pay so I have some flexilibity.

If history holds true and RCon is the first weekend in May that will be one kick-butt 40th birthday party for me! How nice of Reaper to invite everyone down just to celebrate my birthday! Yay!

I'm working with Ron and Ed to release the official date int he issue of Casketworks I am working on now. Mostly so I know myself[\s] that we can get in extra tese time in every issue! I promise I will make an announcement as soon as they a)stop holding the envelope over my head, or b) hold it low enought I can actually reach it. Whichever comes first.

Liquids can still be carried in checked luggage Spike. If you try to carry on your paints, as long as you can fit them all in a 1 qt ziptop bag, you're all set. Otherwise, check them.

That's not a lot of paint in a 1 qt zip lock bag. Better to just go ahead and check. I've flown several times with paint in the checked luggage in the last 6 months, and I haven't had any problems. I did make sure that all caps were screwed on tightly before packing though.

I promise I will make an announcement as soon as they a)stop holding the envelope over my head, or b) hold it low enought I can actually reach it. Whichever comes first.

I suppose that it would be rude to stomp on their feet to encourage them to drop the envelope or at least lower it a bit. :B):

Ron

Well, as far as I'm concerned, as long as it isn't Memorial Day weekend, I should be able to go.

As of right now any of the other 3 weekends, plane tickets are running $370, from Montana. Not that I could order one right now even if I wanted (weee Gen Con).

and I'll be checking all my paints when I fly next week, I'll let everyone know if I see any problems...