Crying over spilt milk

Stubbdog

Wednesday nights are my normal game night, but I ahvent been able to partake the last few weeks, so I was very excited to be able to add my miniatures as part of my morning car loading regime. I use a combinaion of Reaper Carrying case and also a fixed sheet of metal with minis with magnets in the bases.

Well, long story short, I was carrying too many things in my arms and also trying to carry said tray and open car doors.... result, loss of control and tray goes tumbling... to the concrete below..

You know that scene in the movie Princess Bride when he is getting tortured and he has the scream that can be heard like around the planet... Well, if you were listening outside this morning around 6:45am, you probably had a small taste of it.

Now I have a bunch of minis to repair. Off hand I would say about 2 dozen that are going to need some form of re-glueing and touch up paint.

I know they are just a bunch of bits of metal with mediocre paintjobs, nothing that cant be replaced, but still hurts a little inside.

But, no use crying over spilt milk (minis)...

Oh, I am stil gonna go play tonight even with my gnarly group in the shape they are in...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your pain. Every Wednesday I haul my BattleHive to work and to game night, and stack my minis up on the table. I'm always worried someone's going to set a book on top of one, or a pitcher of water will spill on them, or the cat will knock them around when we take a break...

Really though, I paint them to play them- my fellow gamers have all said they really add to the game compared to the plastic D&D ones, so I'll keep doing it.

Sure, you can paint them and put them in a case, and that's fine for some special ones, but that's like staying inside your house all day because you're afraid you'll get hit by a bus.

I feel your pain. It's one of the worst feelings in the world.

I left a few trays of minis on top of my car once. Half way around the block I realized it, and had to look for bits of miniatures through wet leaves in the middle of the night. I didn't find half of them and many others were all kinds of broken. A sad day.

Although I remember rolling extremely hot the weeks that followed. So look forward to some d10 Karma!

It just amazes me the amount of people that leave stuff on their roof and forget about it. I think I did it once, when I was like 17 with a small case with a couple casettes. I got 2 miles down the road when I remembered, and they were still there, but I had to stop at an intersection and that caused them to fall off. All the tapes survived but a couple cases were broken. No big deal.

I don't think I have ever left something on my roof since, 14 years later.

Of course, now I have a truck, so I can't reach my roof from the ground without standing on my running boards or using a step ladder :lol:

Last year at ReaperCon there was like thirty-seven peoples' gear loaded into the back of our Tracker. When Steve opened the door my Reaper carrying case fell out, did a complete end-over-end and barely missed landing in a huge mudpuddle.

Apart from a few car-sick orcs, nothing seriously bad happened though. I was lucky.

I feel for ya, Stubbdog. Busting something you worked so hard on can really bite.