Overlord Chevy

Stubbdog

In the Onyx Legion sublist, Chevys get to be solos or elites. I am still trying to figure out if its an either/or or both at the same time. And would like clarification from Reaper.

But, meanwhile, another question that has come up while I was fixing the Army builder files. Cavalry units take up two slots. So, even if you bring the Chevy as an elite, the only way to be able to use him as an elite is to bring Andras or a Warlord who have multiple elite spots. I just wanted to verify this, that Chevies as elites do not change to where they only take up one slot instead of two.

And on a similar thing, if you have a cavalry sized base, but have the SA: Small, that means you only take up on space, right? or is small only for height and LOS based questions?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Onyx Legion sublist, Chevys get to be solos or elites. I am still trying to figure out if its an either/or or both at the same time. And would like clarification from Reaper.

But, meanwhile, another question that has come up while I was fixing the Army builder files. Cavalry units take up two slots. So, even if you bring the Chevy as an elite, the only way to be able to use him as an elite is to bring Andras or a Warlord who have multiple elite spots. I just wanted to verify this, that Chevies as elites do not change to where they only take up one slot instead of two.

And on a similar thing, if you have a cavalry sized base, but have the SA: Small, that means you only take up on space, right? or is small only for height and LOS based questions?

From the Errata, fairly clear:

Cavalry models and Elite Troop slots

Q: Do models with the Cavalry ability count as 2 models for the purpose of the pre-requisite 4:1 Elite ratio?Do models Elite models with the Cavalry special ability count as 2 models for the purpose of filling up Elite slots?

A:A model with the Cavalry SA takes up two slots in the leaders Troop value in regards to Minimum and Maximum troops size. The elite slot value of the leader is a separate value and not affected by the Cavalry SA therefore an elite model would take up only one elite slot from the leader while taking up two slots in the troop size for purposes of minimum or maximum. The amount of models required to take an elite model in a troop is based on a 1 out of every 4 MODELS in the troop and the amount of space those models take up in the troop size has no bearing on the 1 out of 4 ratio.

SA: Small only impacts the effective basesize of a model for things like LOS. A Cavalry base size Model with the SA: Small is treated as a Standard sized Model for determining LOS, cover, etc.