Sign in to follow this  
axegrrl

Reaper stuff on Amazon?

I've got a bunch of Amazon gift certs, and would like to be able to use them on Reaper stuff...but no joy. Any thoughts on the possibility of seeing Reaper stuff on Amazon in the future?

I would think that's something more up to Amazon than Reaper - afterall, they must have access to the distributors that carry Reaper along with all the other gaming stuff they do have.

/ali

While it's not Reaper, I did manage to find some books published by Andrea Miniatures on the Amazon site. I've ordered a few of them, though I'm not sure how much I might learn from them. If nothing else, they'll provide some nice references.

Yer outta luck. Ehobbies.com was a Amazon.com partner, and was supposed to carry lots of cool hobby stuff and miniatures. Being a Amazon partner, IIRC, you could use Amazon.com gift certs with them.

But while eHobbies said you could browse hundreds of brands, they never carried any of it. "Coool! Rackham! Nope, empty category, cool! Reaper, nope empty!" Alot of them were empty, and never had listings for products.

So it could have been a hobbyist's golden age, but it was all for nought.

Amazon takes a MASSIVE chunk of the selling price. On books anyway, I know it's 55% of the selling price. I don't know what the markup is on minis and paint from wholesale to what we pay, but I'm guessing it isn't 55%. Google around a bit and see what the lowest price is for the Master Series Paint set. If the markup was 55% I'd bet you could find it for just above that- but you can't. Probably just a case of economic unfeasability.

I don't know all the figures exactly, and I know there are factors that vary by manufacturer, distributor and retailer, but I have a rough idea of the numbers in general for the game industry. I think game distributors pay the manufacturers between 30-40% of the MSRP for the product, and the retailers pay the distributors between 50-60%.

Amazon takes a MASSIVE chunk of the selling price. On books anyway, I know it's 55% of the selling price. I don't know what the markup is on minis and paint from wholesale to what we pay, but I'm guessing it isn't 55%. Google around a bit and see what the lowest price is for the Master Series Paint set. If the markup was 55% I'd bet you could find it for just above that- but you can't. Probably just a case of economic unfeasability.

Uhm, that's standard, that's how distributors make their money. But their take isn't 55% for 3rd party sellers. You can sign up to see how much it is, and it varies by account type ( silver, gold, platinum ), but it's not 55%.

Selling to a store/distributor, it's usually the store gets goods at 50% of MSRP, and distributors get them at 40% . So Reaper earns that much. Then the store/dist sell the item at MSRP and gets their cut. For direct internet sales, Reaper gets 100% of the MSRP.

Then you gotta breakdown that into expenses, and gross profit, and then further into net profit.