Sign in to follow this  
Dark Showcase

New stuff from me !

I have to say, that naked elf, despite being a fairly plain sculpt, came out quite prettily. The base on her is fantastic! Where do you find your plants?

The Daemonette is also nice; beautiful skintones and nice hair.

The sheers on the elf (I don't recall her name; would it be possible for you to post the model names with your pics?) are absolutely perfect. I think my only problem with any of these three is the darklining on her...especially between her right hand and the fabric on her thigh...it just doesn't ring true to me...like it's not soft enough to be appropriate against the gauze of that fabric. Otherwise, this stuff is great!

Keep 'em coming!

thanks for the comments everyone! i have really taken to the fantasy stuff lately, paticularly elves and other females, etc..

they are extremly challenging to paint, but very rewarding when it all falls together. They are MUCH harder than doing the 40k stuff ive done for years and years

Nice work on all three of these mate. I especially like the sorceress' robe. The sheer fabric look came out really well.

Very nicely done.

uh oh busted!!

Hey you should look into being a detective or something flynn, you are really sharp !

Well, when the spots were just single pixels of white, and weren't even feathered in to the surrounding pixels. It stuck out quite a bit to my eyes, and blowing it up in the gimp confirmed it for me. :-p

Now, I'll admit that I've trained my eyes for this sort of thing in the past. When I was in grad school, I got a degree in Astronomy. During some of my research work, I had to analyze a ton of images of comets, and would calibrate the exposures by measuring the intensities of a whole lot of stars. It didn't take too long for me to pick out hot spots on the CCDs (usually single pixels of white with nearly complete darkness in surrounding pixels).

Having said all that, I will say that I think you've done an excellent job on these (and I like the new pictures of Hyrekia better ::P:). I particularly like the skintones and the sheer effects with the cloth. I'm still struggling a bit with sheer myself. Do you paint skintones there and glaze with the cloth color? Or do you do it the other way around? Or just mix a bit of the two together and forgo the glazing altogether?

holy moly - maybe you SHOULD be a detective. lol

ok, just for fun i added a 1 pixel dot in her eye to make it look like a shiny spot, just for fun. since i knew that it wouldnt show up in the picture anyways.

but apparently it showed up to the human microscope that is flynn. sooo busted.

I have added detail this fine though to miniatures. You can add a shiny spot like this with a needle point or safety pin or something, but it would take a freak of nature or a microscope to see it. Or, flyn

I

The daemonette is lovely but I've wondered this about this figure before: What exactly is it that makes her a damonette? Am I missing something? I just see a very pretty woman on a rock. No horns, no tail nothing. WhileI love a subtle take on the subject of demons I still don't quite get it? What am I missing here :blink: ?

The daemonette is lovely but I've wondered this about this figure before: What exactly is it that makes her a damonette? Am I missing something? I just see a very pretty woman on a rock. No horns, no tail nothing. WhileI love a subtle take on the subject of demons I still don't quite get it? What am I missing here :blink: ?

She has small, subtle horns.

I absolutely love Hyrekia. That shear is awesome; the most realistic I have seen yet. Could you please share how you did it. I also love the bustier, your color choices for this mini are spot on. I actualy disliked this mini up until now. Now I have to think about buying her. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

TS