Sign in to follow this  
All-Terrain Monkey

Astrid, Chronicler, #3098

Hello everyone, I thought I'd post my version of Astrid up, as I haven't had any purdies for here in a bit. I decided to go with a Templar scheme for her (appropriately enough, I think). She was started before my Army field trip, and I just got around to finishing her up (and freeing up a spot on the Desk of Shame).

post-1647-1168404329_thumb.jpg

Lemme know what you think; she's not my best work, but I still think she's a cutie ::D:.

• Like 1

What, no puns?

Looks pretty good, John. I think you could have done a bit more highlighting on the packs on her back.

I'm sure Anne is thrilled about all the highlights that were brought up to white. ::D:

Very nice work GE. I love the blue scheme. It suits the model very well. I love the highlights and the skintone is great.

Pretty! I like the cool colour scheme, it works very nicely with the sculpt. The blue has a great glow, and the hair highlights came out very nicely.

Love the face and the highlighting on the blue :wub:

one comment on the highlighting on the guitar strings, it seems to be going in multiple directions, causing it to lose the flow.

2nd comment is probably to shade the hair darker to make the highlight pops more

Cheers,

Lili

I really like the hair. the color is good as is the highlights. What colors did you use?

I like the blue as well. Nice highlights on it.

(IMHO) the guitar is the weakest part of the mini... but I don't know what you would do to improve it... the highlight just doesn't look right too me.

Her lips are really good too... she has a great smirk and you've really added to it.

Excellent job.

Great job. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the very cool wood grain on the guitar's back. Nice work!

Best job I have seen on her yet. I like the fact that you didn't feel the need to "Punk" her. The colors are great. I also love the way you painted the wood tones in the lute(?).

Very well done.

TS

Great stuff here! I'm also very appreciative of the non-punk take on this one; I personally feel like I may have to paint two of her eventually, making one very goth/emo (because the sculpt makes it easy) and one more along the lines of what you've done (because it's just so purty).

The back of the guitalute is absolutely awesome...the front of the fretboard does seem a little wavy, the way the highlights went down.

Your blue fabric's come out very nicely, as has all the gold highlighting. Overall, I think this is my favorite take on this mini I've seen so far! Keep 'em coming!

Not much to add other than great work. The highlighting is excellent, and you nailed the theme. If I didn't know she was DHL, I'd swear it was a Crusader model.

-Krztoff