Total Con

ladystorm

Reaper's New England Contingent of the Black Lightning Demo Team will again be hosting a plethora of activities at

Total Con.

Total Con is the largest NE Gaming Convention. This is their 21st year. The Con runs February 22-25, 2007 in Mansfield, Massachusetts at the Holiday Inn.

The BL Team has activities scheduled all four days of the con.

T
hursday

slot 2(evening) Paint-n-Take
(event #604)
& Warlord Open Game

Friday

slot 4(morning) Warlord Demo
(event #607)

slot 5(afternoon) Warlord Scenario (event #613)

slot 6(evening) Paint-n-Take
(event #604)
, Speed Paint
(event #619)
& Warlord Open Game

Saturday

slot 8(morning) CAV2 Demo
(event #624)

slot 9(afternoon) Warlord Tourney
(event #646)

slot 10(evening) Paint-n-Take
(event #604)
, Speed Paint
(event #619)
& Warlord Open Game

Sunday

slot 12(morning) Paint-n-Take
(event #604)

The Sword of Kings (Warlord Demo: slot 4)(event #607)

Listing Description:

The sword of Lorenses, a magical weapon of ancient times, was once thought to be a myth. Lost centuries ago, the weapon has come back to the light of day and is once more wreaking vengeance upon the world. Darrisset, Overlord of Craclaw, has made it known that he will pay riches beyond all imagination for the capture of this sword, so deep is his lust to wield it. Mercenaries and brigands from all across the realm of Taltos have tracked the sword and it's wielder to this place, and here they will make their move. Many bands of mercs with the same target fighting with each other for the same prize.

The Sword of Kings is a demo for Warlord, the fantasy miniatures skirmish game by Reaper Miniatures. Warlord features a fast-paced easy-to-play system based on the Damage Track® system made popular in CAV. No prior experience of Warlord is necessary to play in this game.

Game Play Description:

· The game will consist of one Nefsokar army in the center controlled by the BL.

· Players will each control a different Faction's Company.

· The goal will be to kill the BL's Warlord, pickup his sword, and get off the board.

· Everyone is fair game.

· First one off the board with the sword is the winner.

Champions of Forgewalk Marches (Warlord Tournament: slot 9)(event #646)

Listing Description:

The Champions of Forgewalk Marches is a Swiss Style Tournament for Warlord, the fantasy miniatures skirmish game by Reaper Miniatures. A series of skirmishes will determine who controls the approaches to the Dwarven City of Aizen Krahl. Prior experience of Warlord is necessary to play in this Tournament. Registration at ReaperGames is highly recommended. Models not provided.

Game Play Description:

· 1501 point armies, second printing rules.

· Three 75 minute rounds of one-on-one battles.

· Prizes to top 3 finishers.

Taltos Slave Raid (Warlord Scenario: slot 5)(event #613)

Listing Description:

There's a large market for slaves and captives in Taltos and cutthroats often raid smaller villages. This town has found some defenders and the pickings will not be so easy this time…

The Taltos Slave Raid is a scenario for Warlord, the fantasy miniatures skirmish game by Reaper Miniatures. This scenario is found in the Necropolis Faction Book. Some prior experience of Warlord is necessary to play in this game. Models will be provided however if a player brings their own, we'll make every effort to include them.

Game Play Description:

· Limited to 4 players.

· 1000 point armies, second printing rules.

· Players form two teams, raiders and rescuers.

Reaper Paint and Take (slots 2, 6, 10 and 12)(event #604)

Listing Description:

Reaper Miniatures presents a Paint and Take. Primered miniatures will be available for choosing. Sit and paint one using both of Reaper's paint lines, ProPaints and Master Series Paints. Take it with you when you leave. All materials provided. If demand is high, participation may be limited to number of minis per person.

Reaper Speed Painting (slots 6 and 10)(event #619)

Listing Description:

Reaper Miniatures presents a Speed Painting Contest. Six individuals will have forty-five minutes to completely paint a primered figure supplied by Reaper Paints and brush will be provided. Prizes for the participants supplied by Reaper Miniatures.

Edited by ladystorm

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who live in the New England area, totalcon is coming around next month and there will be tons of games and stuff to check out. For us Warlord freaks :wub: (and i say it with love) there will be tons to choose from.

according to the pdf (last udpated january 12)

day one: (slot 2) paint and take

day two: (slot 5) slave raid scenario, (slot 6) paint and take, & speed painting

day three (slot 8) CAV2, (slot 9) Champions of the Forgewalk Marches tournament, (slot 10) paint and take, Speed painting

day four: (slot 12) paint and take, and open gaming

if i messed up anything just go to the totalcon website or i'm sure Storm or Cher will let me know.

Hope to see you there.

For those of you who live in the New England area, totalcon is coming around next month and there will be tons of games and stuff to check out. For us Warlord freaks :wub: (and i say it with love) there will be tons to choose from.

according to the pdf (last udpated january 12)

day one: (slot 2) paint and take

day two: (slot 5) slave raid scenario, (slot 6) paint and take, & speed painting

day three (slot 8) CAV2, (slot 9) Champions of the Forgewalk Marches tournament, (slot 10) paint and take, Speed painting

day four: (slot 12) paint and take, and open gaming

if i messed up anything just go to the totalcon website or i'm sure Storm or Cher will let me know.

Hope to see you there.

Hey I was trying to get directions to where it is but the site is lacking of a street address. Do you happen to know?

Hey I was trying to get directions to where it is but the site is lacking of a street address. Do you happen to know?

As the linky from cher shows just go to the holiday inn site, but if that is not optimal. . .where are you coming from?

As the linky from cher shows just go to the holiday inn site, but if that is not optimal. . .where are you coming from?

I got it. Thanks for the link Cher. I thought that the Holiday Inn was just if you were looking to stay. I didn't put 2 +2 together. Sorry about that.

31 HAMPSHIRE STREET

MANSFIELD, MA 02048 UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk: 1-508-3392200 | Hotel Fax: 1-508-3391040

Book Online or Call 1 800 972 3381

A point I was a bit confused on last year--the convention registration has separate "event registration". Do we actually need to do that, or is basic registration fine?

EDIT: Huh...just realized that registration was supposed to be sent in by yesterday... :huh: Anyone know if late registration is allowed?

Mmmmmm. . . .TotalCon. . . .start your bragging and boasting now for the Forgewalk Marches Grand Prix.

Even with the new elf warlord I'm going with a different army, no more falling prey to Tony's Crypt Legion!!!!!

Death to the pointy ears. . .Death to the dead :blink: !?

... no more falling prey to Tony's Crypt Legion!!!!!

My Crypt Legion is getting old; however, I may not have time to assemble a new army. We shall see if you get your wish.

you can borrow my elves!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, Darthiir, would I be able to borrow a few? I think I can make a legal list right now, but it'd be more hero-heavy than I'd like...and rather short on cards.

EDIT: Nevermind, Storms took care of it.

Actually, Darthiir, would I be able to borrow a few? I think I can make a legal list right now, but it'd be more hero-heavy than I'd like...and rather short on cards.

EDIT: Nevermind, Storms took care of it.

If not, i'm sure i have plenty for both.