Sign in to follow this  
dargrin

Now this is someone who loves gaming

Wow...I saw pics of this when it was being built...the complete version is more than I ever thought it could be...

Those holes seem to be for delivering gm messages to the different player stations without having to go across the table. Looks like the kind of air-tube system you see at bank drive-thru complexes. Although the table seems a little small for that.

But all gamer geeks know, if it isn't necessary but works anyway, it only means it's awesome.

EDIT: having looked at more pictures, I see that the GM station has big teaballs that he can stuff messages into and roll them to each station through the table...like a pool table that collects the balls at one end! This is crazy!

While cool, I wonder if leaning over the protruding bits to get to the table is annoying. We use a simple pool table with a varitable Barbie Dream House of Dungeon Tiles. Everything is in 3D and everything we fight is a fairly accurate miniature representation. Our DM has shelves lining two walls full of minis and bookshelves on the third wall with all the D&D books you could ever want. I'll see if he'll let me post pics after our gaming session this Sunday.

Actually I think there is a thread on this table quite a ways back in the archives. Since I'm mostly a miniature player this table doesn't appeal to me at all. Even for RPGs I think it keeps everyone a bit more isolated than I would like.

Actually I think there is a thread on this table quite a ways back in the archives. Since I'm mostly a miniature player this table doesn't appeal to me at all. Even for RPGs I think it keeps everyone a bit more isolated than I would like.

You're probably right. I first saw pics of this table (although not as good) several years ago. I also seem to recall that the table was offered up for sale sometime in the last 6-9 months as well. Don't know if it ever sold or not.

I don't like how tall it is either - the message delivery system is cool, as are the player stations, but the system isolates each individual player. Plus, the table is useless for much else. I certainly wouldn't want to play a minis game on it - not enough space and too tall to stand around all the time.

And Here I was thrilled with plexi glass and a battle mat....

That's really close to the same thought I had. ::):

That's gettin' all fancy like. Back in my day, I was happy with a cleared off space on the floor. And I liked it! :lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

@kristof - you are right. this guy was actually selling the table a few months ago. i talked to him a bit about getting plans for it, but he had not actually gotten anything written down, but with the number of requests he was having it was making him think about doing it.

it is a pretty fancy table and yes, the balls are for transporting messages to the different sections via the holes in the table. i think it would be a really sweet gaming table and would let you keep everything contained.

that being said, i usually prefer a more free gaming area...like a bunch of couches and someone's coffee table.

hehe.

Heck back when mommiecrunch and I were first married, we played AD&D and Shadowrun with our friends gathered around two moving boxes layed on their side and covered with a table cloth and that's the way we liked it! (OK, maybe not "liked" it, dealt with is probably accurate.)

My friends and I have been admiring this table for years. The owner of this table actually sold it on ebay a few months ago for about $800 I believe. We too emailed him for the 'blue prints' if you will, but with no luck. Some of the pieces he used for it came for all over the world.

It's a really cool table though...