Infantry upgrade weapon stats.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think the AT-23 is going to make infantry useful, check out their Close Combat values. They can actually do some damage to CAV's in close combat! Of course, they will most likely get squished in the process, but what a trade off! In one of our playtest fights, three stands of armored infantry attacked three 'Taters. I think just about everybody had a pip or two on them. When it was over, the infantry were ground into the dirt, but one 'Tater was dead and the other two were beat up. Very impressive ground pounders.

Castlebuilder

'Nother question about this, when you purchase these weapons they are replacing the assault rifles on the standard rifle teams, correct? Can you replace both weapons? Like say give a rifle team an AT-23 and an AA-52. Yes I know it would get kind of expensive, just want to know if it's a possibility.

What I find interesting about close combat now is that it keeps going until somebody's dead (unless I'm grossly misreading that).
That's the same way I read it, which is why I think Close Combat might finally be worth a darn.

'Nother question about this, when you purchase these weapons they are replacing the assault rifles on the standard rifle teams, correct? Can you replace both weapons? Like say give a rifle team an AT-23 and an AA-52. Yes I know it would get kind of expensive, just want to know if it's a possibility.
I would think it'd be just like CAV 1, so yes.

Actually, no, it specifically states in there that infantry can only replace one of their weapons, not both.

And yes, while playtesting the other night, Pat confirmed with me that the close combat does go until someone is dead.

I don't understand the purpose of listing the FA-45 since every type of infantry comes with one. I suppose you could remove the mortar from a mortar team and add a second FA-45 but that just gives you a more costly and less resilient Rifle Team so what gives?

How does the IFM work as it's range fall within the "no fire" zone of an IA?

Do you just take range band penalties to every legal shot? That's going to cause some confusion I think.