Infantry upgrade weapon stats.

I

How does the IFM work as it's range fall within the "no fire" zone of an IA?

Do you just take range band penalties to every legal shot? That's going to cause some confusion I think.

I was wondering about that myself. I'm hoping "8" is a misprint.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the purpose of listing the FA-45 since every type of infantry comes with one. I suppose you could remove the mortar from a mortar team and add a second FA-45 but that just gives you a more costly and less resilient Rifle Team so what gives?

In CAV 1, you subtracted the cost of the weapon systems you removed. So in your example, removing one Mortar and giving the team an FA-45 would actually have made it cost less (hvy mortars were 40 pts, FA-45's were 18). I would guess things will work the same in CAV 2, it just seems like they forgot to give stats for the mortars.

I don't understand the purpose of listing the FA-45 since every type of infantry comes with one. I suppose you could remove the mortar from a mortar team and add a second FA-45 but that just gives you a more costly and less resilient Rifle Team so what gives?

In CAV 1, you subtracted the cost of the weapon systems you removed. So in your example, removing one Mortar and giving the team an FA-45 would actually have made it cost less (hvy mortars were 40 pts, FA-45's were 18). I would guess things will work the same in CAV 2, it just seems like they forgot to give stats for the mortars.

Again though, if you do that, there's no point in having "stock" data cards to begin with. I would strip everything bare and build infantry from scratch. In the end, I bring 2,000 points of infantry to the table and it's all, technically, Light Mortar Teams (for instance).

In effect there would be only 2 infantry cards. Armored and unarmored. After that you upgrade them with the weapons you want and their role would be dictated by which weapon options you gave them. I actually like that.

That's exactly what I'm saying and, though I like that in a game as well, it is beyond the scope of this one I think and why would you stop at the Infantry? :devil:

B/c you can slap any hand-held weapon in a grunts hand, point him in a direction and say "Kill" and he'll go kill. You can't just bolt any old weapon system on the side of a CAV or top of a tank and expect it to hit anything. :poke:

Well, you could...but you'd be disappointed.

B/c you can slap any hand-held weapon in a grunts hand, point him in a direction and say "Kill" and he'll go kill. You can't just bolt any old weapon system on the side of a CAV or top of a tank and expect it to hit anything. :poke:

Well, no, the rules don't support that, not like they used to. But I can strip all of the SA's from a CAV (taking Piercing and Shredder down to 1) and build them up again from scratch though. Assuming that that was not the intent (and I do) then it's a "loophole" which should be plugged. Actually, we don't even know yet that it exists but it would if I get "credited" with any SA I remove from a model. Candidly. no one said you could remove SA's from CAV at all but, with upgrades available and Infantry weapon swapping, it would seem a natural extension to a rules laywer.

Edited by von Richtor

No, cause each unit is suppose to have its own look and feel and use on the battlefield. If you go and strip it down and then tell the player to order his own fries and a coke, then he will dictate what the model's useage on teh field is, not the game. And that is something that I think Reaper is trying to stay away from.

If you did that, might as well go back to the 1.5 rules where every faction looked the same and every faction had the same models just with different names.