My Bourbon Sophie

Valloa

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you do the shiny beads, they're very cool. I mentioned it elsewhere, but I really like the fresh greens you used here, and you did a very pretty job on her face.

Thank you. The beads are itty bitty Halcraft marbles. Michaels has them in the scrapbooking/embossing section. Pretty cool little things.

Maya~

Beautiful job! I agree with the comments about the beads (the ones about them being great that is) and you did a wonderful, smooth job on the entire fig. I happen to like the green, especially in the middle of winter! I do have to admit that when I read the title, I thought you had been painting with Flynn! ::P:

I do have to admit that when I read the title, I thought you had been painting with Flynn! ::P:

kinda thinkin' the same thing myself. I guess I'll need to convert one - get rid of the mask and have her carrying a bottle of Old Rip van Winkle.

The Sophie looks great. The beads are an appropriate touch for a Bourbon Street Sophie.

@Beowulfthehunter She was so sporadically painted I don't really remember exactly the combos that I used for the greens. Someday I'll learn to write stuff down since thats a really bad habit of mine thats lost me some really nice mixes. The skirt part of her dress was (all msps) leaf green, mist green, mist green mixed with moth green, spring green, luminous green with a tiny bit of white mixed in.

@eastman Heh. That'd be a cute conversion!

Maya~