Spring '07 mini exchange

cutebutpsycho

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had mine painted and being ogled by my friends for about three weeks. I should finally have time to mail it next monday. I was waiting to get good sealing weather, then to take good photos, but it will be mailed shortly. Although I may cry a little when I send it. It's probably the best thing I've ever painted.

One of the great things about these types of exchanges is that frequently people do put forth their best work, even if they find it difficult to give the figure to someone else.

I know that some of my best pieces were done for these exchanges. I think of the top 10 or so paintjobs I've ever done, only 2 are still in my possession. The others were either given away freely (like my ReaperCon master's entry, among others), or they were painted on commission.

One of these days I'm going to paint something with the intention of keeping it for myself.

One of the great things about these types of exchanges is that frequently people do put forth their best work, even if they find it difficult to give the figure to someone else.

I know that some of my best pieces were done for these exchanges. I think of the top 10 or so paintjobs I've ever done, only 2 are still in my possession. The others were either given away freely (like my ReaperCon master's entry, among others), or they were painted on commission.

One of these days I'm going to paint something with the intention of keeping it for myself.

I'm with you there...I think my personnal collection just (by one mini) recently over-took my collection of Xchange minis :)

Much more fun to paint for someone else!

-AW

Just thought I'd update my status.

I am working on my exchange mini. However, I ran into a slight problem that has delayed me. Basically, I picked a mini that turned out to be far too difficult to do justice to. I got some help at RCon which helped, but not enough to a job on this particular mini which I would be happy with.

So I started over with a different mini. That's going well, but I'll probably be a bit late.

Mine is finished, went to ship it via my fedex account today, and the stupid Fedex ship manager site is off line. Will ship Monday.

EDIT: And yes, I know I could have just taken it to the post office or UPS store to ship it. I get good Fedex rates though, which comes with online tracking and such.

Mine is finished, went to ship it via my fedex account today, and the stupid Fedex ship manager site is off line. Will ship Monday.

EDIT: And yes, I know I could have just taken it to the post office or UPS store to ship it. I get good Fedex rates though, which comes with online tracking and such.

Yours arrived (my fiancee was your recipient she loves it) did you take pics or do you need us to?