Tomash

New Warlord "Army Packs"

Variety is one of Warlords BEST points, period. Alternate poses for models now turned Adepts, that used to be solos, a la Braug the Ogre, are obviously going to be needed. The Cultists and Dark Dwarves need more. Any cheap grunt should have four poses. More expensive Adepts three. Alternate solos is asking a bit much.

One thing we can all agree on is that we would like to see more poses across the board. I don't want to see another faction until all the stuff is accounted for from the basic book and the first Kruger's Journal.

Yes, DHL is wonderful for proxying. There's something to be said however, for the look of a complete army, painted, finished, based, and put on the table that matches.

Well one of the advantages of GW's approach is that they're in a state of perpetual release.

Uh, that sounded kinda sexy. What I mean is between the army books and the new edition across their two games, they're doing a big fanfare re-release and generating a buzz amongst fans about every 3 months. BUT, I think it's really dependent on their strong position in the market. That said I think it could be good for Warlord to have the rulebook updated and re-released, sometime. Rather than Edition or Revision, I'd call it by the year of release. "WARLORD 2007" is just nice, clean, crisp, to the point. And, it sounds like Unreal Tournament.

Excuse me for bringing up this 3-month old topic, but...

I've heard that complementary to Army Packs, there will be single-miniature blisters with ALL (not just one of three) minis of the given datacard? Something about fall this year?

If so, what for was all the BS about pulling out 3-mini blisters so that stores won't have that much to catalogue and store?

(don't mind this rant, it'd still be great to have all three available somewhere outside senseless armypacks)

Any plans to admit that army-packs were not very good decision and return 3-mini blisters into the offer?

I'm not big on retail theory, but I think you need to run the army packs for a bit longer than has been the case, and have actual sales numbers before you can say if was a good or bad decision.

Personally I think army packs plus having all the sculpts available as singles also would be the best way to go. That way if I need alot of a mini I'll buy the army pack and get the minis a bit cheaper.

The old 3-packs didn't make much sense IMO because they cost the same as three singles.

IF all the sculpts become available as singles AND price of a single will be equal to 1/3 of old 3-pack's price THEN everything will be cool and I'll be happy to continue spending more and more on Reaper miniatures ::)

The thing that got me bitter some time ago was the availability of only one sculpt "outside" 9-packs. If it's going to be fixed - that's great.

yeahit's especially hard on people outside the US because ordering straight from reaper (to get a specific pose without buying an army pack) is very expensive.

Can retailers order just the single mini blister and the army pack, or can they also order specific sculpts from an army pack (like can be done through the asylum store)?