Sign in to follow this  
Jabberwocky

Vale Archer #14113

very nice! I agree on the look on her face. Definitely a "what is going on here" kind of thing. I really like the base on this one. What did you use to make the leaves?

The colours on this are very smooth and your transitions are great. I love this one.

Wow, I love this one!

Those greens are awesome, especially the highlighting on them. Very clear and crisp, but natural and not cartoony (which would have been easy with that shade). Base is pretty, too.

Although I love the highlights on most of her upper body (top of the bust, the shoulder tips, and her cheekbones), I'm not sure it looks like the same light is hitting the top of her head. I'm still not sure how to do hair, myself, so take that with a grain or two. Otherwise, this is nice!

Love the bowstring, too!

Thanks everyone for the comments. Vol, the "leaves" on the base are fine ballast, sprinkled generously over a cork rock and painted a nice leafy green. Sanael, the hair has given me fits all along. The hair was very finely sculpted and the recesses were not deep at all. I originally tried to put the very highest highlights across the very top, more like a "tiara of light" as opposed to the usual "crown of light". I ended up making the transitions too abrupt so it looks like I drybrushed over a mold line that I didn't file down. That's not the case; it was my poor painting that did her do in, not my prep work, :lol:.

I'll be happy to put together a unit shot once the 3rd one is done, SK.

I agree with ya Prophet. Out of my 4 strong little band, only one is going to be blonde.