Sign in to follow this  
Sergeant_Crunch

I didn't authorize this!

It snowed it West Texas, not nearly as bad as the recent snows up north, but it's funny watching the new people freak out. What makes it so bad is that it happens so infrequently that the town doesn't have the equipment to deal with it. Apparently last night when it was falling there were six accidents including a couple roll-overs.

P1010845.jpg

Snow in texas. And we've not had any snow in denmark yet this winter. Only a single night with a little bit of frost.

THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!

We've got a bit of ice down here in the Houston area last night. Enough to cause a fair number of accidents as people go zooming along at 65+ miles an hour and then hit the ice that has formed on bridges and overpasses. Biggest accident that I've heard so far is 25 cars at an exit ramp off an elevated freeway in downtown Houston.

Really, the amount of ice is minimal compared to almost everywhere else (and the ice storm that we had 10 years ago), but the frequency is low enough that it's a big problem.

I have to admit that I'm working from home today, partly because I don't feel like creeping along surface roads to get to work, partly because I don't want to deal with the people who want to drive as if there were no danger of ice, and partly because I'm just feel like saving an hour to an hour and a half in commute time to get a little nap in. :B):

Snow in texas. And we've not had any snow in denmark yet this winter. Only a single night with a little bit of frost.

Wow! That must be really weird for you all. I heard that there hasn't been snow in Moscow yet either.

Ron

It seems we just skipped winter altogether this year. Went straight from grey, cold and rainy fall into grey, cold and rainy spring. Our weather sucks.

Not too much snow here in the Minneapolis area this year to date. Officially we're around 8 - 9" when by now our normal average is about 27 - 28 " of white stuff by this time of the year according to some meteorologists.

HOWEVER, it has finally gotten cold. You know, the below zero kind of cold. Wind chill cold... brrrrrrr...

Last night, the UPS driver dropped off my latest batch of Reaper MSP paints, and they sat outside frozen until my son brought them in this morning. Right now they're thawing on my painting table... they don't look any worse for wear.

But yes, between Colorado's monumental snowfall, and the ice storms/snow storms across the south, and the bitter cold killing California citrus crops, it's been a REALLY weird winter so far. Kind of makes you wonder just how the spring/summer season is going to be...

No wonder my wife wants to move us to Arizona. :blink:

Meh. The roads were fine for my commute this morning, Ron. Granted, there was ice on the truck when I came out of the house, but the roads here on the northwest side of Houston were merely wet. Despite that, and the general lack of traffic on my way in, I still saw some idiot tailgating someone... :blink:

I got as much distance between myself and that guy as I could; I'd rather not be part of the accident that he causes. <_<

~v

Central PA is having the first sub-freezing daytime temperatures of the season today.

We might get snow tonight!

It seems we just skipped winter altogether this year. Went straight from grey, cold and rainy fall into grey, cold and rainy spring. Our weather sucks.

Pittsburgh has been doing pretty well the same, so far. We did actually get snow most of the day yesterday, but the evidence of that seems gone, at least from my window...the drive to work this afternoon will tell me more, I suppose.

We got around 4 inches of ice over this past weekend here in Tulsa. It sucks. The temps are hovering near the 20 mark around the clock. I just wish summer would hurry up and arrive! Heat is good! Cold is bad! :lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

Here in eastern PA we had a balmy 16 degree commute to work today. There may be snow in the forcast in the next couple of days. I certainly hope so! I could use a day off...

Damon.

We had freezing rain on Monday, the ice started to melt yesterday. So when the snow started there was a fine layer of ice under everything. The temp is supposed to drop again tonight so now all the snow that's melted and slushed on the roads will get a chance to freeze again. Woohoo! I bet if I went to the local supermarket I wouldn't be able to find any bread, water, or milk.

Yeah, winter finally hit Minnesota. Prior to the temp going subzero it was about 30, and I was walking around outside with just a t-shirt and a hoodie. Not right for this time of year.

-Krztoff