Figure International

Heisler

I highly recommend Figure International, a quarterly publication. Although it weighs heavily to the historical the amount of information it contains really is amazing and the pictures are truly gorgeous. It certainly doesn't restrict itself to historical articles either. For instance issue 15 featured Jeremie Bonamant's Grallapoussah de Barback and showed the finished piece as well as in progress shots. This was continued in issue 16. Issue 18 featured a Bretonnian Sorceress also by Jeremie. Issue 19 had Beelphegor the Soul Reaper from Andrea's fantasty line and the current issue has a Wolf Guard from the 13th Company in it. So something for everyone and lots of helpful hints and techniques tucked in amongst the wonderful photography. If you get the chance pick this one up, well worth the $10 price.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Figure International and Historical Miniature magazine are worth checking out. They have a lot of good articles/pictures of 54mm and larger figures.

I haven't found a local source for either magazine yet, but I've bought them at Men-at-Arms (middle of Long Island) and at figure shows (from Red Lancers). I'll probably subscribe to both this year (since I've already subscribed to Amazing Figure Modeller and Kitbuilders).

Try Squadron.com. They have lots of back issues at a pretty reasonable price (although $10 isn't bad as Heisler has pointed out).

Squadron will also periodically have really good sales (E.G. I bought my first 9 issues of FI when Squadron had them at $2.99...shipping cost me more :) ).

It's too bad that their web presence is rather dead (I think their forum is all but shut down...haven't visited for about a year).

Hope this helped.

Thanks

AWhang