Sign in to follow this  
sirikus

my most recent mini

behold my latest mini! 9 months in the making...

of course I had a lot of help from my wife (mysticeyes42) *grin* - some might even say she did the lion's share of the work - I wouldn't disagree ::D:

post-1325-1169607467.jpg

post-1325-1169608215.jpg

she was born by emergency c-section on saturday the 19th at 8:54am - 19 3/4" 6lbs 3oz (she's tiny, but she was only one day early)

her name is Sophie Taryn - and yes, I *was* thinking of the reaper mascot when I first put the name on the list... ::):

CONGRATULATIONS you two! I wish you much joy and happyness with your beautiful little girl! And I love the name......

Does that mean we won't see you at Rcon?

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! It is always fun to get a new mini to play with...just remember it might not be appropriate to paint this one quite yet.

Hope your wife is well and the surgery went ok. I wish you all the very best!

thanks for all the kind words - it's been pretty hectic here as I'm sure ya'll can imagine, but I wouldn't trade it for the world...

unfortunately, we probably won't be able to make reapercon this year - but the trade off is definitely worth it *grin*

Congrats. Your life will never be the same, but in the best way. Take some time now to make sure your brushes are nice and clean, tighten all the lids on your paints, clean out your water cup- you're going to be pretty busy for the next six months.

I wouldn't trade these past 7 months with my daughter for anything in the world. ^_^

Cherish every moment you have and congratulations to the both of you. Mysticeyes42, speedy recovery.

Take advantage of every opportunity you have to rest, and don't worry about being rude if people are hovering too close and not letting the both of you rest and not going away. You might piss them off a bit now, but they will get over it, and just blame the hormones and lack of sleep. Sometimes people, especially family, and most often grandma and grandpa, want to help too much and become overbearing and clingy. Set the limits so they understand their help is appreciated, but not always needed or wanted. You need all your strength and energy for Sophie and each other right now.

Take LOTS of pictures. They change so fast.

One minute, you can hold them comfortably with a hand and they just lay there staring at you, the next minute, you've got 18 lbs of pure energy that bolts the second you turn your back and wants to try and eat anything not nailed down, and half of those things too. :lol: