Dropship Russian Doll

CyberShadow

I cant seem to find the rules feedback thread anymore... :upside: Does that mean that we are close to launch???

Anyway, the Dropship SA allows transport of tanks and vehicles. Does this mean that Russian Doll transport is allowed - infantry inside transports dont take up transport space on the actual Dropship?

I would suggest not... but wanted it clarified. Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. A couple more questions...

Which actions are auto success and which are 10+? Is this stated in the rules? For example, how do I actually complete a target lock action?

Gunport -

When do the infantry fire?

Does it matter what action the transport takes?

Can they fire once per action or once per turn?

Can they fire mid move?

Thanks.

A 10 is only an Auto Success if the action says so, like in the Repair rules where it states that a 10 is a success and repairs an extra DT.

You don't have to do anything to complete a Target Lock or a Jamming Action. You simply declare that you're performing them and follow the instructions (IE add your TC to either your RAV or DV).

Gunport -

When do the infantry fire? When all of the other Ranged Attacks are resovled.

Does it matter what action the transport takes? No.

Can they fire once per action or once per turn? They're performing a Ranged Attack, that's a Non-Repeatable Action so it can only be performed once.

Can they fire mid move? Sure, just like normal Ranged Attacks.

I cant seem to find the rules feedback thread anymore... :upside: Does that mean that we are close to launch???

Anyway, the Dropship SA allows transport of tanks and vehicles. Does this mean that Russian Doll transport is allowed - infantry inside transports dont take up transport space on the actual Dropship?

I would suggest not... but wanted it clarified. Thanks.

One thing I'm wondering is why is there a DropShip SA when there aren't any DropShips? I haven't seen any fluff, stats, or anything related to them where CAV is concerned.

A 10 is only an Auto Success if the action says so, like in the Repair rules where it states that a 10 is a success and repairs an extra DT.

You don't have to do anything to complete a Target Lock or a Jamming Action. You simply declare that you're performing them and follow the instructions (IE add your TC to either your RAV or DV).

Thanks for your answers.

By 'auto success' I meant actions which happen without any dice roll. There doesnt seem to be any indication of which actions require a dice roll (needing a 10+) and which dont require any roll to make them happen.

There doesnt seem to be any indication of which actions require a dice roll (needing a 10+) and which dont require any roll to make them happen.
If it doesn't specifically state you have to roll a die, its an action that automatically succeeds.