To my many friends here

SOldcorn

Though I no longer post here that frequently there are several people here whom I think of as friends. The whole of the fantasy football league, those I joined for various games and others that I would just enjoy reading and responding to their posts. Anyways I want to let those people know why I won't be posting here for a while, (especially those who might expect to see me in the CAV sections).

On Tuesday of this week (23rd Jan) I was diagnosed with cancer in my throat, bit of a downer :unsure: . Next Monday (5th of Feb) I am going in for a 12 hour operation to have it removed. Hopefully I will get to watch the Superbowl .... if not "Well go Colts". Then once that heals I get some fun activities like learning how to talk again and how to eat. Recovery time is predicted at six or so months. But I have to be optimistic, they can operate, it hasn't affected my chest as it could have, things could be a lot worse. And so on the plus side six months from now I should be much richer, much slimmer and have a striking new voice :rolleyes: and best of all be cancer free. (Just in case anyone wonders - no I don't smoke, never have, the doctors are very mystified as to why I have this cancer.)

I look forward to the point where I can post here again and also catch up on the many topics I will miss. And who knows by then the CAV2 rules might actually be available ::P:

Take care all

Stuart

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know you very well, but I definitely wish you a speedy recovery and here's hoping to a simple and non-complex surgery that goes well and very efficiently. Let us know your recovery progress when you can and I know we will all be cheering for you!

I wish you nothing but the best. For what it's worth, my mother had cancer, a very rare type that isn't found in time very often. By a fluke they found it, but it was rather advanced. She had the surgery to remove it, but everything was still dicey. This was almost 8 years ago and she is still cancer free. She goes in for her regular check-ups and is a model patient. I sincerely hope that your experience is just like hers. Good luck!

Family, is family and I honestly think of everyone on the Reaper Boards as family. Including the ones that I don't recognize or have "friendly" misunderstandings with.

Stuart, here's to a safe and uncomplicated surgery with a speedy recovery to follow.