ReaperCon Sophie Auctions UNDERWAY!

Vaitalla

• Reaper User

Actually, Sue, we started a lot earlier with the plane fares this year, so even $200 pays for somebody's ticket (yay for Travelocity!)! Which is good, because we didn't have as many Sophies!

On the subject of mine own, my precious, I just put up some updated pics in the For Sale Gallery, they're a little more in-focus and a little more color-representative, didn't realize how greenish the old ones were 'till I looked at 'em next to the new ones!

--Anne ::):

Reapertese? Is that the language that Soon comes from? :lol: $200, not bad folks! I don't think that even paid my plane ticket last year. Anne, where's my ReaperCon 07, I better get started asap!

On another note, I am anxiously waiting for yours to come up! No, not to bid on, unfortunately, but I do want to see if it is, um, going to become a local resident so i can see it in person!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reapertese? Is that the language that Soon™ comes from? :lol: $200, not bad folks! I don't think that even paid my plane ticket last year. Anne, where's my ReaperCon 07, I better get started asap!

On another note, I am anxiously waiting for yours to come up! No, not to bid on, unfortunately, but I do want to see if it is, um, going to become a local resident so i can see it in person!

Probably won't become a local resident, so look at (and save) all the pictures. Unless there is a new local Power Buyer ready to take my place.

(With the choice between (a) do an $1100+ car repair on a 10 year old car or (b) replace the 10 year old car - I think I've already bought my painted Sophie limit for 2007. That's what kept me at $199 on the last Sophie auction.)

You, too, Eastman?

Ours is a little older, however. 15 year old car and more work than the car is worth (overhaul, new A/C, upholstery - just NOT worth it). So, we will hopefully have a new car for ReaperCon, otherwise we're going to have to rent one.

You, too, Eastman?

Ours is a little older, however. 15 year old car and more work than the car is worth (overhaul, new A/C, upholstery - just NOT worth it). So, we will hopefully have a new car for ReaperCon, otherwise we're going to have to rent one.

The air conditioning stopped working last year (an expensive inconvience, but I didn't need to worry about it over the fall/winter months). The new problem is a leaking head gasket. Fixing it will be more than the car is worth (and I'd still have a 10 year old car without air conditioning). I need to replace it before the head gasket goes (replacing an engine or having a car that doesn't run aren't happy options either).

I guess the 1000 mile drive from Chicagoland to Denton will give me and the new car a chance to bond.

• Reaper User

So of course after reminding myself sixty zillion times during the week to put up my auction last night, I forgot!! Stoopid Master Series Cowgirl deadline distracting the Anne...grumble grumble...

Anyhoo, it's never a good thing to post an auction to end on Friday or Saturday night so I will wait 'till Sunday. Fear not, I really do want to sell this thing!

--Anne the Absent-Minded :;):

and the winner is from GREECE!!! Please tell me there's a Greece, Texas and that we'll be able to see Anne's in person at ReaperCon. Or at least that you contacted the buyer and requested to keep it for another week or 2 to let people see it!

debby :unsure:

*who really missed this auction*

• Reaper User

Unfortunately, it's already been put in the mail...which is very sad, because like any cool mini the pics do not do it justice. ::(: I was just remarking to Gus that you know when it's a really good mini when it's got some elusive quality you just can't capture with a pic, no matter how good the camera. I'm very proud of it and very happy that it went for so generous a price. And I LOVE that it went international, because I don't get to talk to out-of-country fans really unless they're here on the boards. So it's really cool to reaffirm on a personal level that people across the ocean are Reaper fans and painting fans. ::):

--Anne