Darklining and light drybrushing are your friend, Qwyk.

Bummer, I prime black, so that means Darklining won't be my friend :down:

As Rach, that means he's an enemy and Darklining must die. :lol:

Hmmm maybe I can get one CAV painted for RCON. I do have a Koda 60 'Tater from the Starter box.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At the risk of re-opening a thread several years old, I did enjoy reading your funny and often thought provoking descriptions of the races. So it sounds like the bar fight starts out like this? A

And they spell well.       When it absolutely, positively has to be taken and held accept no substitute: United Terran Federal Forces.

Rach: When the enemy has to not only be beaten, but turned into soup and then plasma-bombed.

Darklining and light drybrushing are your friend, Qwyk.

Bummer, I prime black, so that means Darklining won't be my friend :down:

As Rach, that means he's an enemy and Darklining must die. :lol:

Hmmm maybe I can get one CAV painted for RCON. I do have a Koda 60 'Tater from the Starter box.

I prime black as well, and darklining is still my friend. Even if you don't use really bright colors, a little darklining in the space between the armor plates on the model can accomplish really great effects.

And since Templars are my faction of choice, if I even manage to make it to Reapercon, I'll be more than happy to trade gauss-cannon fire with you.

My plan is to get some pick-up games under my belt at Reaper Con to get more experience. I know the rules well enough to run the basic Demos, but the more experience I get playing, the smoother my demos will become and, the more readily I can field questions. I won't be even close to having a Strike Force, or even a platoon ready most likely, so I will probably try to snag one of the house loaner armies to play and watch a bunch of you all playing so I can absorb the game.

So, who wants to pad their W-L standings by kicking my arse a few times? :lol:

• 5 months later...

Greetings,

I have just finished reading through the basic CAV rulebook, but not the JOR's yet. I have seen the Adon forces mentioned, but I was curious if the "new" CAV2 rules still have NADO. In CAV1 they discuss that NADO is often part of Peacekeeping operations throughout the galaxy. Is this still the case?

I'm still open to factions at this point, feel free to persuade me.

Greetings,

I have just finished reading through the basic CAV rulebook, but not the JOR's yet. I have seen the Adon forces mentioned, but I was curious if the "new" CAV2 rules still have NADO. In CAV1 they discuss that NADO is often part of Peacekeeping operations throughout the galaxy. Is this still the case?

I'm still open to factions at this point, feel free to persuade me.

The only true peacekeeping force in the galaxy is the Terrans. :B):

It's my understanding that the factions have changed very little from their original incarnations, they're just fleshed out a little better in CAV2.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Nanite: There's no Adon thread as of yet but of course we of the Templar nation will be more than happy to assist you in your color scheme questions just as easily as we assist your financial and military needs. The best known color patterns come from the units that fought in the Boreas Accord Wars. The major colors of those units were dominated by red,black, or blue with yellow or white trimming or highlights. Now this of course varied from unit to unit and tended to be replaced by colors that blended into the type of terrain that they were conducting maneuvers as the Andonese are well known for their stealth and ability to hide.

@Easy E: Welcome to the wonderful world of CAV. If you are looking for the ultimate peacekeeping force then look no farther than the Templars. We have defended the weak and upheld the just. We have established ourselves with integrity and discipline and have fought for those who cannot defend themselves across the galaxy. As the premiere financial organization we also assist those who need monetary help as well as military. We outfit our units with the best that money can buy so that we can strike out against evil and tyranny with equipment designed to turn the tides back. So please feel free to submit your application at any facility and it will be assessed on Tor-Nor quickly so that you may begin defending the right and upholding the weak.

KODA Works. No need to look any further...or we'll blow you up.

Good thing I've got a Rach force going to. ::P:

Of course at the rate I'm going I'll have started everything but Ritterlich and Templar.